Sponsored

Did I buy a car with an upgraded clutch?

MehWhatevs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 GT
Long story short I'm finding a lot of little things that indicate that the previous owner was modding the car before I bought it. I installed the velssotech air intakes and notices that when i took the bumper off that the bumper had looked like it had been off multiple times. That was number one. Number two the fuse that needs to be pulled on the drivers side to disable all nannies is taped up. Three, but the biggest thing is I took the car in for service today, they had a '19 in the showroom. I sat in it and pushed the clutch down and wow the clutch was stupid light compared to mine like its a night and day difference. I asked one of the techs and he said stock clutches all pretty much feel the same. My question is does an upgraded clutch heavier than the stock?
Sponsored

TrevorGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
race red 2015 GT
Most aftermarket feel light. I'm betting the previous owner removed the clutch spring or replaced with steeda spring.

bucsfan514

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT PP
My '16 (9K miles) had one owner previously, and my clutch is super light and has an easy feel. My folks' '17 is stock and their clutch is heavy and chunky as hell.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Steeda clutch pedal spring would be my guess. Makes the clutch feel right and it should have come from the factory that way. After having a flat replaced the tire tech who drove the car up to the front said mine was the first new Mustang he didn't have to try to keep from stalling due to the clutch.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
What exactly about the front fascia makes you think it was taken off multiple times? The connector that's all taped up on your car is all taped up on every 2nd gen coyote mustang. As of 2018 all manual mustangs have a twin disc clutch, so it will feel lighter than yours. Nothing you said yet makes me think your car has been modded. My apologies if I come off too direct, that's just who I am.

Is the sound tube still connected?

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Previous owner may have taken the clutch pedal spring out. I did.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Twin disc on '18-up will definitely feel lighter however, a new clutch will often feel lighter than after it's broken in.

OP
OP
MehWhatevs

MehWhatevs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 GT
What exactly about the front fascia makes you think it was taken off multiple times? The connector that's all taped up on your car is all taped up on every 2nd gen coyote mustang. As of 2018 all manual mustangs have a twin disc clutch, so it will feel lighter than yours. Nothing you said yet makes me think your car has been modded. My apologies if I come off too direct, that's just who I am.

It's all good man. When I took the bumper off on of the tabs was already hanging on for dear life.