Sponsored

deposit refund

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
When I ordered, 22nd Jan 2015, the salesperson told me delivery would be September, even I knew that wouldn't happen.

Estimated delivery date has moved from early December to middle and now to just before Christmas. My car supposedly left the factory yesterday, so that could happen.

If it comes in Jan 2016, it will have been a year but then I would be tempted to wait until the new reg in March, and better weather.
Sponsored

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
To be fair I think it's always been a 12 month wait, so I think the promise of a Q1 delivery for a late July '15 order was your dealer trying to secure your custom with a bit of BS! ..... who'd have thought it! :)
Yeah I was just hoping that for some reason mine would be a shorter wait. Even Andy Barratt told me to expect delivery in March/April, hopefully I might get it in July time so I can enjoy the "good" weather in it.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
It's possible there's going to be more cancelled orders than most realise.

This is only what I've been told, but it's from a very reliable source. I got a little inside info on UK cancellations. UK Mustang orders currently amount to 1800 units, cancellations currently stand at around 10% of that number. Dealerships are keen to still receive all cancelled order cars with a view to having them available to sell easily at list price. Dealerships need to refund deposits to the initial order placer without any fuss in order to do this. If Ford are made aware of cancelled orders then supply of those vehicles is likely to be withdrawn. So cancelled order cars will be available at list. The downside is that I've seen the spec of several cancelled order cars and the chances of getting exactly what you what with one of then will be small. Quite a few are autos and without custom pack for example.

It might be that people weren't that serious in the first place, just leaving their options open. Or speculators placed a deposit in case they'd be able to sell their place (or car) at a profit. The deposit is refundable, so there's nothing to lose, but potentially more to be gained.

There seems to be a collective lull on here at the moment. All the recent spec info has been negative and the delivery times are gradually slipping. I think I've been worn down a bit by the wait. Sounds bizarre, but it almost feels like I'll be getting an old model now. The automotive world seems to have moved on while I'm still waiting for my Mustang. My fault for getting over excited, looking on the internet everyday for the last year. Probably become too familiar with a car I haven't got yet. There will be no surprises left (well, good surprises anyway). I think seeing "Version:base" and a huge amount of the word "less" on Etis has been a bit of a downer as well. I'm also assuming the overly long shipping time is mainly due to it being done on the cheap.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
There seems to be a collective lull on here at the moment. All the recent spec info has been negative and the delivery times are gradually slipping. I think I've been worn down a bit by the wait. Sounds bizarre, but it almost feels like I'll be getting an old model now. .......
Yes, spot on - seems to be an old car now. Our fault for being keen i suppose. I'm hoping that people who are as yet unaware that the Mustang is coming will view it with more enthusiasm than I do at the moment, as I fully intent to try and move it on at a profit at the earliest opportunity .... i need to fund my GT350 habit somehow! :)

Toploader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muscle
Your post sums things up pretty well !

Regarding the 6th gen almost seeming like an old model now - I took a close interest in the original debut which I clearly remember at the end of 2013. Yes I know they weren't available for immediate purchase at that point, but in my mind December 2015 will mark the 2nd anniversary for the car.

Home market 2016's are now produced with a few changes from the 2015's and there's even rumour of a subtle mid-cycle model refresh coming up. In the meantime it looks like we'll continue to be offered a pretty basic 2015 spec.

Why if something like Sync 3 is now standard why does it look like we'll keep getting the old Sync 2 in the UK ?

Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I did read somewhere that we don't have the infrastructure in Europe for Sync 3 to work.

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Why if something like Sync 3 is now standard why does it look like we'll keep getting the old Sync 2 in the UK ?
Even in the US, Sync3 isn't standard - it is only an option on certain packages at the moment, but of course that will change over time.

I think Sync2 was around in the US for a couple of years before it started to come to Europe/UK, so my guess is it will take a little time before it comes here on the Mustang.

Given the very small number of options available for us, I expect it to be a "full switch" to Sync3 at some point; I can't see them offering it as an option; just too much hassle for them it handle.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Hey SteveS, I'm sure I have some at home without me getting in the way...
Great colour too, whatever it is! :thumbsup:

Love the front of that model.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Even in the US, Sync3 isn't standard - it is only an option on certain packages at the moment, but of course that will change over time.

I think Sync2 was around in the US for a couple of years before it started to come to Europe/UK, so my guess is it will take a little time before it comes here on the Mustang.

Given the very small number of options available for us, I expect it to be a "full switch" to Sync3 at some point; I can't see them offering it as an option; just too much hassle for them it handle.
Feedback I've seen on the forums suggest Sync 2 (which I use and is excellent) is preferable to Sync 3 (which looks a bit Toytown) so be careful what you wish for. We also don't get satellite radio. Should we be bitchin' about that too? Of course (as they say in Spinal Tap) it's 'one more', so it must be better. Or not.

Jimtasteek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulietta 2jdtm
Great colour too, whatever it is! :thumbsup:

Love the front of that model.
Thanks man, it's a real dark metallic grey with a blue tint, called Alloy. Car is an absolute blast albeit WAY too wide for UK roads.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
No way is it too wide. I spent the last year blasting around in a 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis.

Country roads and commuting through central London :D

Jimtasteek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulietta 2jdtm
Haha I guess everything's relative! Sure turns a lot of heads though.

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
Haha I guess everything's relative! Sure turns a lot of heads though.
Agreed - a real head turner - I hope the new ones when they arrive have the same effect! Given the time maybe people will think they are still imports:frusty:
Sponsored