Sponsored

deposit refund

Jimtasteek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulietta 2jdtm
Sadly I too have cancelled my order - run into some slight money troubles and couldn't justify the expense. No problems from Ford at all.

The real kick in the rear, however, is that the day I cancelled is the same day they emailed me my build date...
Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I'm tempted to cancel but knowing my luck, the prices will stay strong and may even go up.

By not cancelling I just know that Mustangs will be crowding the forecourts in a couple of years going for old Mondeo money :D

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
To be fair, I have cheered myself up a bit with a 2nd-hand S197 import...
Nicely done! If you have the time i'd love to see some pics :thumbsup:

Toploader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muscle
It's possible there's going to be more cancelled orders than most realise.

This is only what I've been told, but it's from a very reliable source. I got a little inside info on UK cancellations. UK Mustang orders currently amount to 1800 units, cancellations currently stand at around 10% of that number. Dealerships are keen to still receive all cancelled order cars with a view to having them available to sell easily at list price. Dealerships need to refund deposits to the initial order placer without any fuss in order to do this. If Ford are made aware of cancelled orders then supply of those vehicles is likely to be withdrawn. So cancelled order cars will be available at list. The downside is that I've seen the spec of several cancelled order cars and the chances of getting exactly what you what with one of then will be small. Quite a few are autos and without custom pack for example.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
It's possible there's going to be more cancelled orders than most realise.

This is only what I've been told, but it's from a very reliable source. I got a little inside info on UK cancellations. UK Mustang orders currently amount to 1800 units, cancellations currently stand at around 10% of that number. Dealerships are keen to still receive all cancelled order cars with a view to having them available to sell easily at list price. Dealerships need to refund deposits to the initial order placer without any fuss in order to do this. If Ford are made aware of cancelled orders then supply of those vehicles is likely to be withdrawn. So cancelled order cars will be available at list. The downside is that I've seen the spec of several cancelled order cars and the chances of getting exactly what you what with one of then will be small. Quite a few are autos and without custom pack for example.
I guess for anyone without a lifelong desire to own an RHD pony the wait times and complete disregard for the customer would become too much. Given that I'm not really surprised there are so many cancellations. It's a bit of a shame that the dealers want to keep this quiet however as the ethos will never change if Ford are unaware of their customers dissatisfaction.

All that said I find it hard to believe that Ford UK can be so disconnected from its dealers that it wouldn't know there were cars available on the forecourt.

OP
OP

MAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Got my deposit back after a few weeks bought a bmw m3 instead.
I also found they had 6 cancelled orders in 3 weeks.
Good luck to everyone getting one. I just couldnt be bothered with the wait and hassle and moving back delivery date..

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
I guess for anyone without a lifelong desire to own an RHD pony the wait times and complete disregard for the customer would become too much. Given that I'm not really surprised there are so many cancellations. It's a bit of a shame that the dealers want to keep this quiet however as the ethos will never change if Ford are unaware of their customers dissatisfaction.

All that said I find it hard to believe that Ford UK can be so disconnected from its dealers that it wouldn't know there were cars available on the forecourt.
Agreed - just the diehards hanging on who will take this kind of no info nonsense as we want the car regardless.

Like most on here this is a life long ambition to have a US muscle car in RHD. My car at any price wish list is really short and quite boring - the usual Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Panamera or a Corvette Stingray (RHD though!). Never been attracted to the BMW stuff can't see it as value for money when compared to what the Yanks get for their money.

Anyway, I'm not happy about the wait but I am absolutely over the moon that an RHD Mustang is heading my way in the next 2 to 6 months (the previous 9 have passed quickly enough so another 2 - 6 shouldn't be too bad :doh:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Got my deposit back after a few weeks bought a bmw m3 instead.
I also found they had 6 cancelled orders in 3 weeks.
Good luck to everyone getting one. I just couldnt be bothered with the wait and hassle and moving back delivery date..
Congrats. Love BMs and it'll be a great car. What I'd be buying if the Stang wasn't coming.

Agreed - just the diehards hanging on who will take this kind of no info nonsense as we want the car regardless.

Like most on here this is a life long ambition to have a US muscle car in RHD. My car at any price wish list is really short and quite boring - the usual Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Panamera or a Corvette Stingray (RHD though!). Never been attracted to the BMW stuff can't see it as value for money when compared to what the Yanks get for their money.

Anyway, I'm not happy about the wait but I am absolutely over the moon that an RHD Mustang is heading my way in the next 2 to 6 months (the previous 9 have passed quickly enough so another 2 - 6 shouldn't be too bad :doh:
This is me tho...apart from the BMW bit ;-)

Toploader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muscle
Definitely some Champions League cars amongst UK cancellations, not surprising considering those people 'reserved' their cars in May 2014 !

Sponsored

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
Congrats. Love BMs and it'll be a great car. What I'd be buying if the Stang wasn't coming.

This is me tho...apart from the BMW bit ;-)
Didn't say they weren't good motors - quite the opposite - they are very very accomplished cars - can't argue with that - maybe I suffer Beamer jealousy for those that spring for them :cool:

StarWarsJez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Merc C240
Definitely some Champions League cars amongst UK cancellations, not surprising considering those people 'reserved' their cars in May 2014 !
I was told by my dealer that 'should any cancellations come up they would be offered to others further down the queue' - do you think this was BS?

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm thinking of cancelling my order too, especially since I received a letter yesterday to say that my car is likely to be built in Q2 2016 even though I have initially been told that it would be delivered in Q1. I going to pay a visit to my dealer today to get an update seeing as he refuses to reply to my emails.

Toploader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Muscle
I was told by my dealer that 'should any cancellations come up they would be offered to others further down the queue' - do you think this was BS?
Guess that's going to be down to the individual dealer. Plus you'll most likely have to be flexible on what you will prepared to accept spec wise. The actual chances of your dealer getting an earlier cancelled order car to match your own exact order specification are likely to be small. Although the available options are very limited for the UK Mustang its still surprising just how many different combinations are possible when you consider all of the different colours, fastback and convertible bodystyles, V8 and 4 cylinder engines, manual and automatic transmissions and that's before any of the other possible options.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. One things for sure I don't think it will go down at all well if a dealer advertises 2 or 3 cancelled order cars available for general sale while other people are still waiting for their ordered cars to arrive.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
I'm thinking of cancelling my order too, especially since I received a letter yesterday to say that my car is likely to be built in Q2 2016 even though I have initially been told that it would be delivered in Q1. I going to pay a visit to my dealer today to get an update seeing as he refuses to reply to my emails.
To be fair I think it's always been a 12 month wait, so I think the promise of a Q1 delivery for a late July '15 order was your dealer trying to secure your custom with a bit of BS! ..... who'd have thought it! :)
Sponsored