Sponsored

Dents

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang, 1968.5 CJ Mustang, 1969 CJ Mach 1, 1970 Boss 302
I purchased my GT350 MY19 site unseen as I purchased it from a different province because I was looking for a particular colour and the only to be found was kms away. I had a transportation company pick up the car and deliver it to me. The car had a paint chip on the drivers door which wasn't disclosed to me by the dealer, the transportation driver noticed and it was noted by the dealer and to their credit they made it better. But today my detailer noticed 3 dents on the roof of the car which I didn't notice when delivered they are very hard to see at certain angles, the dealer now is saying they never knew (like they never noticed the paint chip) and are blaming the transportation company. I'm at a loss, you pay good money for the car and the dealer has to play these games over a few hundred dollars to remove the dents. Not sure if I have any recourse. Thanks
Sponsored

Hamster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Sorry to hear. Good luck fixing. I have had a few less than perfect things.....but either fixed them myself or told myself it wasn't a Porsche and moved on. And when I drive it I seem to forget about the minor things.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Sorry to hear. Good luck fixing. I have had a few less than perfect things.....but either fixed them myself or told myself it wasn't a Porsche and moved on. And when I drive it I seem to forget about the minor things.
Words of wisdom from Hamster... I have 4 fairly significant paint flaws in my '19 Shelby. I have accepted them as Ford quality. My '17 Porsche 718 was flawless as related to paint and fit/finish details. I don't expect Ford to compete with Porsche in the anal retentive detail department.
My Shelby exhaust however, is where Porsche falls flat on their face. Sorry Porsche, you will never sound as good as a GT350,

carguy929

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
04 Mystichrome Cobra Covertible
If it wasn't marked on the bill of lading you will have a super hard time getting anyone to step up. It stinks that this happened but like stated above things will happen to the car and it's a bummer. At least it seems like it is minor pdr work and you can have them taken out relatively inexpensively.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
It definitely sucks. But I learned a long time ago obsessing over things like this just leads to more heartache. I had massive OCD with my first Mustang and ended up just hating the car. With my second Mustang I tried to have some minor issues fixed and that just caused bigger issues down the line. With my GT350 I noticed a very small dent on the rear quarter just below the quarter window, and I have a couple of small dents on my front fender. No idea where they came from, if they were there before I bought the car or if minor hail or something else caused them. I can go through the trouble of having them fixed and risk more damage during that process, only to have something else happen to the car the next day. I've resolved to enjoy the car and accept that things like this will happen. It is a losing battle otherwise.

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
A PDR service can probably get them out for 500 dollars or so. They are amazing. I’d look into that.

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
A few weeks after I got my 2017 GT350 I noticed a small dent in the rear quarter panel in front of the wheel mid way down the quarter panel. The car was bought new off the show room floor and was never parked anywhere besides my garage from the day I bought it. I know it was not a door ding or someone accidentally dinged it because there was not scratch, chip, or blemish at he dent, the paint was the same shine as the rest of the car. When I took the car to my detailer to get detailed I asked the detailer if they had anyone who could fix it and they said they worked with a good PDR guy and they would have him come and fix it. Today you would never be able to tell it was fixed. A good PDR guy can make it right.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Getting access to the roof with the headliner could be problematic for the pdr guy. I would just try to forget about it as they seem pretty minor.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
So here is a question to the fellow late model Mustang owners. I have read in a few places about dealing with paint corrections, or bubbling stripes, etc so I was primed to just expect some minor things that aren't really an issue

However, I wonder if this bumper gap I have is in the realm of what's "normal" bugs. My rear bumper cover on the drivers side has a gap that is larger then the passenger side, and larger then either side of the front bumper cover. I just saw it and figured meh, must be just what they are talking about with the less then perfect fit and finish. But now I am wondering if maybe someone backed into something. I bought the car sight unseen from an out of state dealer and it was shipped to me. This is only the 2nd new car I ever bought (last one was in 1989!). The only comparison point I have is my wife's Mazda CX5 we bought with crazy low miles, and she has no gaps this large

Is what your seeing in these attached pics "a normal" amount of "slop", for lack of a better term? If that's how it is, I am cool with it and not going to get obsessed, but I wonder if I am ignoring something that is damaged or can and should be adjusted (???). Anyone else get a new car like this, or do you think maybe it backed into something along the way?

THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!

thanks!
20200109_103139.jpg
20200109_103133.jpg

Sponsored

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
Thanks. I did try searching keywords first, but I missed that thread

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
Getting access to the roof with the headliner could be problematic for the pdr guy. I would just try to forget about it as they seem pretty minor.
Really good PDR guys don't need to get to the back side. They can hot glue gun on plastic rods to be used with a slide hammer. It's ingenious.

So to the OP, find a good PDR guy and put it behind you if it's bothering you a lot. Or, leave the flaw and by my experience in doing so, the rest of the car for whatever reason miraculously stays blemish free. The minute I fix a difficult to see flaw I find a new one.

These are Fords and are full of factory flaws with some of the worst paint I've ever seen on a factory car. Between horrible panel gaps and sheet metal flaws the best thing you can do as an owner is plant your ass in the drivers seat where you can't see any of it.

We all know why we bought these cars. It definitely wasn't for the fit and finish.

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
Thanks. I did try searching keywords first, but I missed that thread
yeah, the search function on here can be hit or miss. Better to google something like "GT350 bumper sag" and then back into M6G results or 350.org. This sag is a long standing topic, many threads, many "fixes", and many mixed results . . . unfortunately.

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
FWIW - My 16 has the same issue, but it is equal gap on each side, so not I'm thrilled, but at least looks symmetrical. I used the sag as a bargaining point to get the price down a little. At some point, I'll get to the TSB.
Sponsored