Sponsored

Decklid emblem broke off.

i0milesniper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Mine did that. It is a 2015 anniversary badge. Its a little larger than several other available badges back there. It is held on by plastic weld. It will break off eventually, especially in hotter climates. I used silicone to secure mine back as that was in the tool box. I was just glad it didn't hit the ground 1st.
Oh yeah, mine definitely hit the ground lol, didn't really ding it up though which was good, and should be a pretty easy fix.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just got home from the Ford dealership and was denied a warranty repair on my decklid. I figured it wouldn't be covered under warranty but would like a ford reps second opinion on this before I start cutting the broken tabs off and just glue it back on. Car is still under the 3/36k warranty. Thanks.
20170905_140320.jpg
20170905_140346.jpg
Be careful mate. Ford very cleverly designed the attaching pins as a weak point to prevent the decklid falling off under the weight of the badge. Sacrificial engineering at its finest. :crazy:

Shiinzaemon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Welp mines just broke. Cheap craftsmanship at its best. Got a replacement coyote emblem but I'm going to figure out a way to get the 50th emblem back on.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
My Gt/cs Emblem came off once when i closed my trunk. I Just bought some heavy duty epoxy and put it back on, no problem now.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
Clear RTV and tape to hold in place overnight.....BOOM......IT'LL NEVER COME OFF AGAIN!! :wink:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Another victim here.

Closed the boot this morning and my GT emblem went skidding across the road.

Still deciding what to use to stick it back on.
Sponsored