Sponsored

Decisions... Advice and suggestions needed

M_3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6 3.7 stock
So, very new to the forum. Glad to have found somewhere that has a lot of great information on the s550.
Here’s the story;
Got my very first stang in December of 2019 and fell in love with it on day one. 2015 V6 base model. With >60k on her. Bone stock besides an exhaust swap. Which fit the budget and preferred body style and interior over 5th gen. Also did not care for a EB 4cyl in a stang, turbo or not.

93051D94-A9CD-4A5F-9D94-623FC0C61B7C.jpeg

So when I first signed the papers on it, I knew I had a few things to do.
the front fascia had a big crack down the middle but was offered $ off to take it as is. With a new fascia (unpainted) to come with it. Other cosmetic stuff done was back pony badge delete and taillight covers.

Wheels and tires are American Racing OE bullit 20x8.5 square set up. (Which, upon closer inspection, were quite trashed from the previous owner) From what I could find online about them, they have a +35 offset? Maybe? Not 100% on the offset.
Tires are rubber bands OHTSU 255/30ZR20 front and 275/30ZR20 in the back. Let’s just say I’m not real happy with the way this looks. Most recently put 25mm spacers all for corners which gave her a little poke. Looks okay now. But the journey has just begun..

Only other thing done to it that I know of was a Flowmaster exhaust put on.
No other mods besides adding side louvers. It’s now 2021 and have had an awesome first year of driving it and getting used to 300hp rwd car. Only maintenance needed was oil change and a battery swap.

1st priority (need help here)
The overall cosmetic goal is to get it a blacked out, more concave, aggressive wide wheel stance with a little poke and as little wheel gap as safety and performance permits. Kinda want to stick with 20’s but research tells me 19’s might be a better option in the long run. Not crazy about the tucked camber look either. But performance is priority here.
Also(obviously) get the new front fascia painted, installed and replace at least the top grille with a pony delete replacement. And a nice dark tint to finish it off.

2nd priority
Performance goals at the moment would be a tune and cold air intake just to spice it up a bit for now. Maybe gear swap later down the road.

So, that’s where I’m at. Taxes coming back soon and trying to figure out what wheel and tire package to get for around 2k or less to fit what I want.

Just as reference for wheels
Had the Asanti Abl 12 orions staggered 20x10 in the back 20x9 front picked out. Just not sure about 20s (really would like a 5 spoke deep concave wheel) plus on stock non performance suspension I’m having trouble figuring out if other stances I’ve found will work. Found the Verde parallax 20x10back20x9front that I also really like but am concerned with the +25 offset fitment, especially with 25mm spacers on.

Not totally stuck on keeping the spacers on either. Would like to but not necessary. Lowering springs/coil over isn’t an option atm but maybe some years down the line.
My only preference on tires is that they are NOT rubber bands. I really would like a decent sidewall ,plus I think that would help the wheel gap without lowering it.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. This is the first car I’ve ever wanted to do these things to so still pretty green on all this.
Sponsored

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I'd look at 35 series tires and lowering the car. At least the is the direction I went.

OP
OP
M_3.7

M_3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd look at 35 series tires and lowering the car. At least the is the direction I went.
Lowering isn’t in the plan/budget at the moment but if that’s all I can do to fix the wheel gap then can plan for that next year.

Wouldn’t a 35 series still be rubberband-ish?

Im really stuck on just replacing the wheels and tires for now since I currently have to air up tires every single morning. I’m having bad air leaking issues on the current setup due to the condition of the wheels.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Verde parallax 20x10back20x9front that I also really like but am concerned with the +25 offset fitment, especially with 25mm spacers on.
well naturally your spacers will have to come off!
What you need is to look thru the wheel thread(s) in more detail.
Also this will help as well. Read the intro carefully.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tut28e8wwucdv2x/SKUs.txt?dl=0

For "deep" concave there are thing like this:

2020-12-20 17.43.41.jpg

that come in 19x10 or 11 and reasonably priced.

Last edited:

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Lowering isn’t in the plan/budget at the moment but if that’s all I can do to fix the wheel gap then can plan for that next year.

Wouldn’t a 35 series still be rubberband-ish?

Im really stuck on just replacing the wheels and tires for now since I currently have to air up tires every single morning. I’m having bad air leaking issues on the current setup due to the condition of the wheels.
Well there is a ton of threads with pics on various wheel and tire sizes. Some people run 40 series too at leat with 19 inch wheels. Lowering the car can be as inexpensive as a set of springs if you are handy. Its far cheaper than a set of tires.

Sponsored

OP
OP
M_3.7

M_3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do best with visual representation. when it comes to trying to portray what I’m after here, this is what I’ve found
Both of these are lowered and thank you @Matti777 I just looked at springs and that is not bad at all though I’d prefer coil over kit for the flexibility and less hassle of installing myself.
Ok first off: this is the concave I’m hunting. Like the tire fitment too but couldn’t find specs.
2DD21EAF-75A5-4EF4-A05F-C31C1E50C6D7.jpeg

second: this is perfect tire fitment so I think these are the specs I’m going with minus the offset of these.
91DF54B6-FCCF-456B-AEC0-672BF80062A3.jpeg

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
You definitely don't want +25 offset in the rear. That would poke too much even with no spacers. I would take a look at these since they're designed with offsets that fit well and are pretty light due to flow formed construction.

https://lmr.com/products/2015-Mustang-Wheels

OP
OP
M_3.7

M_3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you really don't want to do that... You have lots of reading to do.
Lol yea I thought I had some kind of idea on this at first but it seems I do have some more research to get into.
Really, Thank you all!

what was it about coil overs do you not like @shogun32?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
what was it about coil overs do you not like
Coilovers as a technology are fine. Any solution less than $3000 is a mistake. There's whole threads on the weakness of the Ford sheetmetal at the shock mounts, the lousy valving, the crazy spring rates etc.
Sponsored