Sponsored

Dear Ford, I want my 895 dollars back.

WARDCLEAVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustand GT Premium, 2016 Nissan Truck
Radio????

Never use it, roll the windows down and listen to that sweet exhaust system....:wink:
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
While I like listening to the exhaust, that would get old on the interstate at 75 mph pretty fast. That's where the audio system confess in to play more.

Radio????

Never use it, roll the windows down and listen to that sweet exhaust system....:wink:

Mickeymeanie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible - PP
My '18 GT convertible came with the base sound system... It was awful as expected, and even worse with the top down.

I spent some $'s and replaced the front with Focal 3 way component speakers and replaced the 2 rear speakers with small Focal subs. Added a nice JBL amp for the components and a separate 2 way amp for the subs... Using the stock head unit and center speaker.. the sound is freaking amazing and well worth the $'s... It cost me more because I did not do the install myself, but I'm ok with that as I wasn't comfortable tearing into my brand new at the time car...

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
My '18 GT convertible came with the base sound system... It was awful as expected, and even worse with the top down.

I spent some $'s and replaced the front with Focal 3 way component speakers and replaced the 2 rear speakers with small Focal subs. Added a nice JBL amp for the components and a separate 2 way amp for the subs... Using the stock head unit and center speaker.. the sound is freaking amazing and well worth the $'s... It cost me more because I did not do the install myself, but I'm ok with that as I wasn't comfortable tearing into my brand new at the time car...
So you paid someone else to do it :crackup:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Focals are very nice speakers.

Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Radio????

People say this all the time but I think it's a load of shit.

If you daily your mustang, as you should, then you definitely shouldn't be listening to your exhaust all the time

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
What was that about? People have always paid people to provide services. Tell me you have never paid anyone to do something for you. It could be eating in a restaurant, buying a house, you name it. I've paid people to do things that I'm capable of doing myself, for various reasons.

So you paid someone else to do it :crackup:

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
What was that about? People have always paid people to provide services. Tell me you have never paid anyone to do something for you. It could be eating in a restaurant, buying a house, you name it. I've paid people to do things that I'm capable of doing myself, for various reasons.
It's a fairly common practice and given I don't have the expertise, or the inclination, but do have the $'s, why not?
I was just busting your chops. Nothing personal and yes I pay people for work related services quite often. No Ill intent.
My point of making the joke was you didn’t want to tear into the car but you trusted someone else to “tear” into the car...

Mickeymeanie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
I was just busting your chops. Nothing personal and yes I pay people for work related services quite often. No Ill intent.
My point of making the joke was you didn’t want to tear into the car but you trusted someone else to “tear” into the car...
I hear ya! :like:

The way I see it, if I tear into it and screw something up, it's on me... If I pay someone that is supposed to know what they are doing and something gets screwed up, it's on them to make it right. So I leave it to those that can guarantee their work rather than jacking up my stuff because I don't know what I'm doing.:)

There are a lot of things I am willing to and have taken on... Aftermarket CAI kit, hood struts, etc... Bolt on stuff. I do tear into my toys like my Polaris Slingshot because it isn't a daily driver and most things on it I can correct if I jack it up.

Anywho, appreciate the humor! :clap::thumbsup:

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I hear ya! :like:

The way I see it, if I tear into it and screw something up, it's on me... If I pay someone that is supposed to know what they are doing and something gets screwed up, it's on them to make it right. So I leave it to those that can guarantee their work rather than jacking up my stuff because I don't know what I'm doing.:)

There are a lot of things I am willing to and have taken on... Aftermarket CAI kit, hood struts, etc... Bolt on stuff. I do tear into my toys like my Polaris Slingshot because it isn't a daily driver and most things on it I can correct if I jack it up.

Anywho, appreciate the humor! :clap::thumbsup:

I thought about getting a Slingshot as well...

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
I replaced the door speakers with better components, the package tray with 4-ways, an amp and a 10 inch woofer all pushed through a DSR-1. Sounds great.

Now then, if you don't get it, that's fine. I like the engine sounds, but my music should not sound like its coming from a 1950s solid state AM radio.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
People say this all the time but I think it's a load of shit.

If you daily your mustang, as you should, then you definitely shouldn't be listening to your exhaust all the time
It's just a different way of saying good audio isn't a priority for you. I love driving to my music, don't get me wrong, but I want the exhaust to be the focal point of my ear's attention with the exception of 6th gear cruising on the interstate. With that said, my expectations of car audio have always been low, so it's hard for me to be disappointed. Obviously not everyone is that way. I do enjoy good sound, but I reserve it for at home where the music itself is the focal point when I'm relaxing.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
It's just a different way of saying good audio isn't a priority for you. I love driving to my music, don't get me wrong, but I want the exhaust to be the focal point of my ear's attention with the exception of 6th gear cruising on the interstate. With that said, my expectations of car audio have always been low, so it's hard for me to be disappointed. Obviously not everyone is that way. I do enjoy good sound, but I reserve it for at home where the music itself is the focal point when I'm relaxing.
I don’t even have a home audio system... think the jist of that for me might be connecting 2 beats pills and calling it a day lol

Mickeymeanie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
I thought about getting a Slingshot as well...
The Slingshot is a blast for sure! It’s a money pit at the same time, just like any toy/recreational vehicle, there is sooo much customization you can do that it doesn’t take long to fall down that rabbit hole LOL.
Sponsored