Sponsored

Dean Martin's GT4 Mustang

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Is it just me or was the McClaren blocking and protecting the inside line?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
...likely the most notable incident during the race occurred on lap 10 when Chase Briscoe attempted an ultra-aggressive move on Compass Racing’s Paul Holton at the Keyhole. Briscoe charged from Holton from quite a ways behind. The grass was clipped, contact was made and Holton spun. The hit broke a suspension part on Holton’s McLaren and damaged Briscoe’s Mustang. Ultimately, both cars ended up behind the wall.
https://www.frontstretch.com/2018/0...stacy-go-back-to-back-with-ctsc-mid-ohio-win/

Ultra-aggressive indeed.

Blocking? No. The McLaren had the line and held it. Briscoe jumped the curbing and then turned right into Holton. The rule regarding blocking is as stated...

z%20rule%20blocking-L.jpg

Holton was on the track and Briscoe was partially off the track. Briscoe did not re-enter the track safely (in his attempt to gain an advantage). Clear violation of protocol...

z%20rule%201-L.jpg

There are other rules that were not followed in that attempt to pass but it is ultimately up to the sanctioning body to either call it or let it go.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny you should say that. As I watched it happen all I could think about was the fact that this wasn't NASCAR but apparently Briscoe didn't realize that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
That DCT is just amazing.

On a serious note, the 2:33 mark is more amazing :D

jbird60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
^ This, sorta. It's a sequential box very much similar to what you'd find in a motorcycle (there's a shift barrel with machined grooves that rotates and moves forks in and out to engage dog clutches). Shifting is really quick and rock solid but super harsh. Lots of whiplash unless you're driving at ten tenths or harder.

Example: http://holingeramerica.com/showroom/sg3

Last edited:
OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This one was pulled from Dean's Kadima car at Sebring.

i-KLPq52g-XL.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Kohr/Scudo car nabbed a P3 at Watkins Glen this past Saturday. The Kohr/Kadima car had some minor mechanical issues that ended its day a little early. The heat was blazing, just under 100*F. In-car temps were over 130*F and pushed the drivers to their absolute limit. Racing on this day was grueling.

Both Kohr cars were wrapped in patriotic livery for this July weekend and looked fantastic. Right-click and then 'view image' for full resolution.

IMG_5308-X4.jpg

IMG_5311-4K.jpg

IMG_5312-4K.jpg

IMG_5313-4K.jpg

IMG_5319-4K.jpg

IMG_5323-4K.jpg

It's always great showing up a bit before the race to see everyone. Lot's of preparation and there is an almost 'calm before the storm' feeling in the air. Yet there's Dean, relaxed and eager to say hello and get caught up as busy as he is (and that's busy!).

IMG_5326-4K.jpg

Not long after we arrived the Continental Series GT4 cars were rolled out and parked at a couple of different locations. Here's some of what I caught...

IMG_5351-4K.jpg

IMG_5352-4K.jpg

IMG_5353-4K.jpg

IMG_5354-4K.jpg

IMG_5355-4K.jpg

IMG_5357-4K.jpg

Anyone for some Nitrogen?

IMG_5359-4K.jpg

Ever the showman, Dean was tapped to showcase a tire and driver change for the crowd. Mic in hand, he's a natural. Crooning at the Continental? You be the judge...

IMG_5361-4K.jpg

IMG_5362-4K.jpg

IMG_5369-4K.jpg

IMG_5373-4K.jpg

IMG_5381-4K.jpg

Cars were then lined up on the track so the public could take a good look and rub elbows with a driver or two while good friends Tom Wenstrom from Wenstrom Design and George Ciamillo from MGW/Scudo caught some pre-race shade for a moment...

IMG_5394-4K.jpg

IMG_5416-4K.jpg

IMG_5400-4K.jpg

Then just like that the race had begun.

IMG_5496-4K.jpg

The first lap hadn't even been completed and there was an incident. It just kept getting hotter, and hotter, and hotter.

The plan for the Scudo car was for Kyle Marcelli to start, Nate Stacy to do a double, then for Marcelli to finish. I was there when each got out and you could see how the heat was impacting their ability to stay cool (and that's with a cool suit). A few of the cars actually have air conditioning but not the Mustangs.

Just out of the car, Kyle is as focused as ever.

IMG_5461-4K.jpg

Nate got out and was holding his arm as it was cramping up on him. His parents (great people!) kept close to keep an eye on him.

IMG_5520-X4.jpg

Jack Roush, Jr got out of the Kadima car and looked to have just completed a marathon after surviving WWII. He immediately sat down to catch some air.

IMG_5462-4K.jpg

Andy Lally after he stepped out from his turn in the Kadima car under the watchful eye of his mom, officially the nicest lady I've ever had the pleasure to speak with.

IMG_5456-X4.jpg

As I mentioned a minute ago, there were a few incidents on the track. One that would have had absolutely fuming was when an Aston driver took out one of the top Mustangs. The Aston was all over him and everyone was ready for "the bump." Sure enough, it happened.

[ame]

The MBRP car made it back out but wasn't really a contender after this one. You'll have to watch the race when it gets shown again as the video snippet above doesn't capture it all. I really felt bad for these guys as they were having a great weekend up until they got hit.

IMG_5486-4K.jpg

The uber-high temps were having an effect on tire consistency for any number of cars. So tire changes on this day were where much of the action was.

IMG_5499-4K.jpg

IMG_5503-4K.jpg

IMG_5506-4K.jpg

[ame]

[ame]

Last edited:

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Somehow that combo of chrome wrap and purple paint pen letters on the tire walls looks epic.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The race finished up with the ModSpace Multimatic car up front and running really strong. Congrats to Sean Mason's group as the drivers and crew did a fantastic job. Second place went to a BMW that the Scudo Mustang just couldn't outpower or out maneuver. The top five in the GS class looked like this...

z%20top%20five%20at%20the%20glen-X3.jpg

Driver standings for same looking like this...

z%20top%20five%20drivers%20so%20far-X3.jpg

In terms of standings for manufacturers, Ford is in first. On to Mosport this weekend!
Sponsored

Last edited: