Dean Martin's GT4 Mustang

Discussion in 'Shelby GT350 Mustang' started by Epiphany, Jul 13, 2017.

1. raiderjatt02

raiderjatt02 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jessie
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
    0   0   0
    Damn, that livery looks so cool. I kinda sorta want to run that color on the street...

key01 and honeybadger like this.
  2. chopsui

chopsui Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2012 GT
    0   0   0

The size of the GS fields in the Continental series has exploded since they went to GT4 spec. It has been an unqualified success.

3. honeybadger

honeybadger Just don't care

First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle(s):
    '17 GT350, '17 Raptor
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    Pulled over in less than an hour I bet :)

key01 and raiderjatt02 like this.
  4. raiderjatt02

raiderjatt02 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jessie
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
    0   0   0
    If there's one color more eye catching to LEO's than Race Red...that would probably be it :crackup:

honeybadger and key01 like this.
  5. Austinj427

Austinj427 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 GT350
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    Tob, you were out there right? I look forward to photos if you have them.

6. superman07

superman07 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 gt350
    0   0   0
    Ford was fucked again.

Prior to lime rock, they all but killed the car. They rolled some back, but added weight. Despite the fact the other cars were completely competitive, and the McLaren had the win in the bag before wrecking, they have once again put in place fuel limits and more restrictor. This is on top of the two weight increases. Lighter cars run larger tanks, and get 1-2 second better qualifying times, while Ford gets pummeled into the ground with BOP.

Driver aside the car will no longer compete with the Audi, McLaren, or AMG. Period. It is probably still much slower over a stint in warm weather than the Porsche.

Despite the fact at least three Ford wins where pure strategy / fuel savings IMSA has went off the rails again.

It is beyond any comprehension. It might as well be PWC at this point. #disapointed

7. Mountain376

Mountain376 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
    0   0   0
    Lol @ the PWC comment!

Did you watch the Utah race? Those SIN R1 cars are HOOKED UP! They have great straight line speed and killer corning stability. Wheres the BoP on those the last 3 race weekends in a row? And the Panoz? Has some durability issues, but when the car runs, it RUNS! Awesome straight line speed and great corning stability. Seems like it has a good advantage on power-on out of corners.

Doesn’t seem like BoP touches them.

8. OP
    OP
    Epiphany

Epiphany Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Quick
    0   0   0
    Nope, missed it. Somebody has to keep working on the Fox and if I'm not there nothing gets done!

That said, I'll be at VIR this weekend with my good friend George from MGW. I'll be sure to have my camera gear in hand and to get caught up on what's going on with my favorite team.

Austinj427 likes this.
  9. Mountain376

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    Can you check out the Rebel Rock Camaro too? Grab some pics for fun if you have time?

10. OP
    OP
    Epiphany

Epiphany Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Quick
    0   0   0
    Interesting entry. The Camaro gets to weigh 110lbs less than the Mustang and has less fueling restrictions. I'll track down the car if I get a few minutes.

11. Mountain376

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    I think it’s whatever BoP the car left with from last season.

From what I can remember, the Mustang and Camaro seemed evenly matched: Camaro had better braking into corners and corner speed, but the Mustang had better top end down the straights. Makes sense with the weight. But I think the Mustang would walk away from most cars if it were 110lbs lighter.

12. Hack

Hack Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Fiesta
    0   0   0
    Too bad the cars have so much non-factory equipment on them. Otherwise it would be a good Ford vs. Chevy debate like you want to have.

13. Mountain376

Vehicle(s):
    0   0   0
    ?

Seriously, dude? Because I mention Camaro in a Mustang thread....

Can we not turn a good thread into another off-topic BS thread?

14. Hack

Hack Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Fiesta
    0   0   0
    I'm not sure whether that is possible or not. I do feel as though there were a lot of on topic posts for most of the thread until just a few posts ago.

We can discuss other cars in the versus section and I will promise to reply to your thread if you want to make one over there.

15. superman07

superman07 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 gt350
    0   0   0
    Don't know who will be driving / engineering the Camaro but if it is a competent team I expect that they will be faster than the Ford with the current specifications. Look at what Black dog was doing before PWC gave the second half of the season to Sin / Panoz.. Its gotten so bad Pro drivers in PWC are mocking it now.

Audi squeaked out the championship due to a last minute wreck. When Safronas and Auschenbach cant even hope to catch Gottsacker you know your BOP is laughable.

AMG this week only adds 10 kilos but gets power bump. I Expect it to walk the Porsche in the right hands. Audi and McLaren will be continue to be super fast on pace. If they dont shit themselves, they can win, but its a big if as they are all snake-bit this year.

The Ford will need a clean race, perfect strategy, and some luck to compete for a podium.

5 cars had race lap times in the 2:20s. 2 fords, both McLarens, and the Audi. So Ford was screwed because Kyle and Trent are fast drivers.

Qualifying is a better sense of outright pace, only two Fords cracked the top 10.

Its amazing the regularity in which the Ford is not the fastest car on the track, but has the heaviest BOP applied. The added weight over the last two races can also factor in reliability.

Its funny though, look at the volume of promo shots that feature the Ford. Its clearly a fan favorite. When the 60 took the lead at Mid Ohio the crowd went off. I love these races but I wont watch if they keep this up.

Mountain376 likes this.