Dealership service experience

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I needed to get an oil consumption test back in March and I decided to drive about 40 minutes away to a dealership that had a performance service division. I felt that was the best option compared to my local dealership. They said they have one guy that works on the performance cars and that they needed to do an oil change before to start the test and mark the dipstick. I waited while they did the work and then I checked the dipstick to make sure oil was where it needed to be. It rained all the way home and when I pulled into my garage I instantly smelled oil. I knew at that point the under shield probably had oil all over and it did. Some was dripping out a little since they didnā€™t clean it up. I also noticed the texture valve cover where the oil fill is, had oil slopped over it, not even cleaned off from them spilling some. So much for going to a dealership that had special area for performance cars and they still canā€™t do the simple stuff correct. What an embarrassment on them.
Just throwing this out thereā€¦What makes you think the A team, which is only one guy, was the one who changed your oil?
I do work for dealerships all the time. Most of the new, untrained guys start in lube and tires. I could be completely wrong but if the dealership only has one performance guy, he didnā€™t change your oil.
Iā€˜m really careful when I do an oil change and still get some spills. The difference is I take the time to clean it up.
Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same service issues on my 2nd service visit.

My warranty will expire when the 3rd service will be due. A local oil-change shop will do it better. I'll help them do it.

The real reason is the lack of trained service technicians as well as the service advisers. The service guy wanted to sell me a tire rotation. The front and rear can not be rotated. The service guy screwed up the oil change.

Yes, I gave them both a negative score in email surveys. The days of trained and experienced service people left the building a long time ago.

The dealers are trying to increase their profits in the service bay with poorly trained idiots.