Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
From
Patriot Chevrolet - The Chevy King
40 Auto Park Blvd Limerick PA 19468

For the initial release of the 2020 Mid-Engine C8 we expect MSRP prices to start in the low 70's, but quickly option up to the high 80's,with the most aggressive track models to be in the current ZR1 price range of $130,000 to $150,000 .

At these pricing levels corvette will loose a lot of following but of course GM just cares about profit and if it doesn't sell well they'll just kill it like they did camaro.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
From
Patriot Chevrolet - The Chevy King
40 Auto Park Blvd Limerick PA 19468

For the initial release of the 2020 Mid-Engine C8 we expect MSRP prices to start in the low 70's, but quickly option up to the high 80's,with the most aggressive track models to be in the current ZR1 price range of $130,000 to $150,000 .

At these pricing levels corvette will loose a lot of following but of course GM just cares about profit and if it doesn't sell well they'll just kill it like they did camaro.
Low 70s isn't terrible, especially if they make lots of them as in the past and they end up discounted into the low 60s. Then after a few years we will be able to buy a used, mid engine V8 sports car in the 50s or maybe even 40s.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
I get supply vs. demand theory, my hope is people remember particular dealerships behaviors in these situations and act accordingly. Use those that treat the customer fairly (loose term to be agreed upon by both parties) and don't patronize the ones who try to set unrealistic ADM's (i.e. 75-100K).

My deal is at sticker, small town dealer who I've been talking with and have visited as well. Their interaction with me is why I'm trying to help them move other inventory (3 leads) as well as look at an Explorer ST for my wife. Your brand and reputation should be worth more than a mark up on a limited production vehicle. For those that are happy to pay an ADM and feel good about it then that is your decision, it will be interesting to see pricing behaviors a year from now when the car has real magazine reviews plus client feedback and after some of the initial demand has been met.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Yeah, not comparable at all. One is going to be a mid engine, race derived, light weight, sports car comparable to exotics... the other is a mustang
Its a sports car, but this car will be just as common as the car in your sig. So, same thing, its just a corvette.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Low 70s isn't terrible,
They where say 60's now 70's hope it doesn't go much higher. I can't really see a big market for a mid engine car with little room in it not everyone wants a race car witness camaro's poor sales.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The Camaro's "problem" is one of stylistic perception, WTF lack of any cabin storage, dumb-ass trunk opening. The Corvette has always been an honest 2-seater with enough storage for a golf and overnight bag and not much else. Corvette owners aren't under any misconceptions as to what they are getting. I was surprised, the Camaro gets 10 mentions as an Indy pace car, vs Corvette's 18, Mustang 3 times. So for 'race' car perception the Corvette is surely way ahead than the Camaro.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Yeah, not comparable at all. One is going to be a mid engine, race derived, light weight, sports car comparable to exotics... the other is a mustang
GM has been saying that for years and the vette is still sub-par for what you pay. The cars they race or set records with are nowhere near what you buy at the dealership.

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
GM has been saying that for years and the vette is still sub-par for what you pay. The cars they race or set records with are nowhere near what you buy at the dealership.
Thoughts on the new 718 GT4?

(Completely off topic I know)

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Camaro's "problem" is one of stylistic perception, WTF lack of any cabin storage, dumb-ass trunk opening.
It's not a perception it's a reality plus the fact GM pushed it as a track car( and high profit car) I'm afraid that's what GM is hoping for the c8 vette I think there going to be in for a rude surprise 99% of those buying car don't want to drive a track car every day and the mid engine corvette won't have any storage space at all.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's not a perception it's a reality plus the fact GM pushed it as a track car( and high profit car) I'm afraid that's what GM is hoping for the c8 vette I think there going to be in for a rude surprise 99% of those buying car don't want to drive a track car every day and the mid engine corvette won't have any storage space at all.
I don't think you are seeing the full picture. What are the competing cars?

Porsche Cayman starts at about $70k and has roughly 300 hp. And I am extremely uncomfortable trying to fit into it. The 911 has enough room for someone over 6 feet tall, but it's much more expensive even though it doesn't have much more power.

So, can the C8 Corvette compete with those other similar cars? If it has mid or high 400s in HP in the base model, a 6' 6" person has enough head room, and it doesn't weigh too much more than the Cayman (2,900 lbs) it might do just fine.

I don't think most Cayman/Corvette customers are looking for a lot of storage space. If you can't afford a second car it certainly wouldn't be a wise choice to buy one of them.

I'm not sure why you call it a track car. I would assume it would be similar to the current Corvette in how it drives. Really - not that different than the Mustang. A lower seating position and smaller cabin, but still a super comfortable ride with all the gadgets and gizmos people typically want in their cars now-a-days.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Its always funny to hear Corvette fans justify it.
Its not MUCH heavier (500lbs)
Its not THAT uncomfortable to DD ( lol)
Its not THAT much smaller for 6ft drivers (C7 is smaller than c6, tons of complaints)
Its not THAT much more expensive ( whats another 30-40k for compatible performance)

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Its a sports car, but this car will be just as common as the car in your sig. So, same thing, its just a corvette.
To most people, a hopped up mustang is still a mustang, and they make 80,000 of those a year. A Corvette, especially since the introduction of the C5, has been a world class sports car, there is no argument there. With the c8 going mid engine, it will only solidify that further.

Its always funny to hear Corvette fans justify it.
Its not MUCH heavier (500lbs)
Its not THAT uncomfortable to DD ( lol)
Its not THAT much smaller for 6ft drivers (C7 is smaller than c6, tons of complaints)
Its not THAT much more expensive ( whats another 30-40k for compatible performance)
Are you talking about a c8 vs c7?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.