bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I do understand that. I understand all of this. But spending 20K+ in MY book is not slightly modded. You are sitting at 60K+ car or more in total. I know they are well capable of running 9's or 8's. I have friends with those cars that they street race ! Sure ! But they did not simply buy a blower and fuel and do this. To me, that is slightly modded. Lets say 10k or less is slightly modded for F/I. You start spending north of 20k you left slightly land a few thousands back. But that is my humble opinion and wallet I guess.

I still think the GT500 will surprise quite a few. As of now we only have bench racing...and that is just with the HP and TQ numbers. Bloody O we do not even have a official weight for the car. So we have no ideal what it will really do. I just think with the transmission it will have and the power it will put down, I think it will be highly capable in the 1/4. STOCK. Add a tune and e85, and some grip, then a SLIGHTLY modded GT500 will put thehurt on a whole lot of cars out there and will still be able to do turns as well.
Here is my build cost. I’m not going to debate with you. if the cost of my mods are mild or wild? Or cost effective. That is the same debate. As is the GT500 worth 100K? My build cost a total of 50,500. If you can’t turn a wrench. Ad another 10 grand for laAnd I built a 9 second car. That turns like a GT. Worth it??? To me you bet.

GT premium. Stickered for 42. Purchased for $36.5
Paxton supercharger 900hp kit $6100
Return fuel system to run e85 $1000
Circle D torque converter $1300
Long tube headers $700
Corsa exhaust $1500
Forged light weight wheels. $1300
Drag radials. $800
18 intake manifold. $400
Steeda stop the hop ultimate kit with bushing. $500
Hardened oil pump gear & timing sprocket. $400
if you think 9s are fast, i dont know what else to say to you. if you think stock motor 8s are not highly modded or on severely borrowed time, i dont know what else to say. the fact you brought Hennessey into the equation tells actual car people, everything we were thinking.. you know nothing :)

40+20 is 60 right, so at 80 + 2k, i have a better car, with much more potential and a unique appeal. sounds like a win

hes saying deep 9s and even 8s.. thats the issue , 9.7/145 blower and supporting is great for a 5.0, and probably where most cars will end up. he barely runs 10s with his, and now uses henessy as an example :)
I don’t think he’s wrong though. 18+ 10 speed. Big blower (whipple, edelbrock) and fuel. Mid to low 9s. Where I race. How many passes you make. Before it breaks is another debate all together. And that’ll have a lot to do with getting the tune just right. But it’s not like the GT500 won’t suffer from the same issues when people start modding. When you have some free time. Head over to camaro6.com And read some posts from a douchebag named blaqwhole. He’s always bragging about how rich he is. Probably the biggest douche on any of these car forums. That I’ve ever seen! If he was as rich as he claims. He wouldn’t drive a Camaro. Know what I mean?
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Here is my build cost. I’m not going to debate with you. if the cost of my mods are mild or wild? Or cost effective. That is the same debate. As is the GT500 worth 100K? My build cost a total of 50,500. If you can’t turn a wrench. Ad another 10 grand for laAnd I built a 9 second car. That turns like a GT. Worth it??? To me you bet.

Long tube headers $700
Corsa exhaust $1500
Drag radials. $800
18 intake manifold. $400
I don’t think he’s wrong though. 18+ 10 speed. Big blower (whipple, edelbrock) and fuel. Mid to low 9s. Where I race. How many passes you make. Before it breaks is another debate all together. And that’ll have a lot to do with getting the tune just right. But it’s not like the GT500 won’t suffer from the same issues when people start modding. When you have some free time. Head over to camaro6.com And read some posts from a douchebag named blaqwhole. He’s always bragging about how rich he is. Probably the biggest douche on any of these car forums. That I’ve ever seen! If he was as rich as he claims. He wouldn’t drive a Camaro. Know what I mean?
believe me, i get it. Ill go over to camaro6 when i have time. You may have missed a lot the talk in here though.
They claim cheap fast an reliable go hand in hand. Ive already said the only way that works is you have the skill to labor on it yourself, or have the hookups for parts at discounts, because we all know, at retail and hourly labor rate, it adds up very fast.

His main argument was that a stock motor GT with $10-15k in it will run 8s, daily driveable. I responded with not in any realm of average people is that happening, and certainly not without sacrificing true DD comforts. You and I know, what is "streetable" and then what is really daily driveable

blower and fuel parts alone puts him at 10k, not including the transmission, convertor, rear, axles, DS yada yada ydad, and thats just for the parts.

As for the $$ douche part, its only in here, talk all they want about better buys and how fast they are in the GT section.

P.S> Im still on for Atco as soon as mine arrives, we'll have to line them up.. and then swap keys so we know how the other side lives :)

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

Long tube headers $700
Corsa exhaust $1500
Drag radials. $800
18 intake manifold. $400
Just so the others can get a realistic view, heres a similar build, assuming they went for the same GT, or got as good of a deal:
GT premium. Stickered for 42. Purchased for $36.5 36500
paxton tuner kit 6200
Nguage tune 1050
thermostat 60
fuel system 1380
opg 400
tensioner 450
air intake 350
8 rib 650
Steeda stop the hop ultimate kit with bushing. $500 500
Forged light weight wheels. $1300 1300
Corsa exhaust $1500 1500
AR headers 1500
18 intake manifold. $400 400
Circle D torque converter $1300 1300
MT Tires 500
DSS CF DS 1300
Ford P Recaro seats 3000
hourly rate 100/hr x 20 2000

thats retail and a measly 20hrs of labor at a cheap 100/hr

so is another 25k (20 over for car, 5k in mods) worth it for a very very different car, in nearly everything except the name "mustang"

You bet

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lord....
Apple and Oranges. We all know you can build something cheaper and better for less money. End of the day and no matter what you do to it it still won't be a Shelby. As far as the title goes if you pay more than 10K markup and even if you have a butt ton of money principle will still call you an idiot. I wouln't let a dealer SCREW ME for more than 5K markup. Maybe some of you don't mind getting screwed...I do.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
believe me, i get it. Ill go over to camaro6 when i have time. You may have missed a lot the talk in here though.
They claim cheap fast an reliable go hand in hand. Ive already said the only way that works is you have the skill to labor on it yourself, or have the hookups for parts at discounts, because we all know, at retail and hourly labor rate, it adds up very fast.

His main argument was that a stock motor GT with $10-15k in it will run 8s, daily driveable. I responded with not in any realm of average people is that happening, and certainly not without sacrificing true DD comforts. You and I know, what is "streetable" and then what is really daily driveable

blower and fuel parts alone puts him at 10k, not including the transmission, convertor, rear, axles, DS yada yada ydad, and thats just for the parts.

As for the $$ douche part, its only in here, talk all they want about better buys and how fast they are in the GT section.

P.S> Im still on for Atco as soon as mine arrives, we'll have to line them up.. and then swap keys so we know how the other side lives :)
The other side of the coin. Is when dudes come in and crap on the GT500. I get it. That’s a ricer argument! In my book. I can get a fox body for 2 grand. Throw 25 large at it. And destroy all. And it’ll still be worthless. And you’ll sell if for about a 1/3 of what you invest. I’ve blown 55-60 grand on a race car and trailer pretending to be the street outlaws. At least your car will retain some of its value. The thing I’ve always liked about Mustangs. Steve McQueen said it best. Mustangs are an every mans cars. And offer something for every man. I don’t want to argue with Mustang guys. If I’m picking a fight. I gonna pick it with that douche over there.:wink:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
We don’t care how cheap people can build a 9 second car. It has no bearing when it comes to discussing buying a GT500. If I wanted to go 9 seconds in a straight line for the least money possible I would have found a 1980 Toyota Corolla in the junk yard and throw 30k into it like people in Puerto Rico and Cuba do. All this mod 5.0 stuff needs to be on the proper forum for it. Go bash GT500s there. This thread is about the high ADMs out there. I would like to hear more about how people are going to avoid them or how people who can afford them plan to mitigate them.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
We don’t care how cheap people can build a 9 second car. It has no bearing when it comes to discussing buying a GT500. If I wanted to go 9 seconds in a straight line for the least money possible I would have found a 1980 Toyota Corolla in the junk yard and throw 30k into it like people in Puerto Rico and Cuba do. All this mod 5.0 stuff needs to be on the proper forum for it. Go bash GT500s there. This thread is about the high ADMs out there. I would like to hear more about how people are going to avoid them or how people who can afford them plan to mitigate them.
Hard to get around supply and demand. People will pay the extra to have the newest and coolest. Suckers....IMO as I stated. I've heard some are getting around it with legit dealers not trying to scam people and only pay a few grand which is doable under the circumstances.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Im paying the 10k ADM because for me the alternate was GTR, I just cant justify paying 100k+ for that car which has been the same now for 5+ years.

In my mind the GT500 is a great combination of cool, speed and something special thats worth a 10k ADM and a total built price just under 100k.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
Honestly, are there very many people getting MSRP? I asked the local dealer I bought my Raptor from about their allocation and they have one that hasn’t been spoken for and I’m wondering what a fair deal would be. The salesman I deal with there is asking the owner and getting back with me tomorrow, that’s how small this dealership is.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
MSRP is out there...even track pack msrp. Many more base MSRPs out there than track packs but, just like anything else, you can wait a year or two and see what the market looks like then. It will get easier in time, just like the 350 and all before it. Used for thousands off MSRP is an option as well.

Sponsored

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
MSRP is out there...even track pack msrp. Many more base MSRPs out there than track packs but, just like anything else, you can wait a year or two and see what the market looks like then. It will get easier in time, just like the 350 and all before it. Used for thousands off MSRP is an option as well.
That’s what I was thinking, but wanted to make sure. This is for a base, so I’ll see what they come up with. I would go for MSRP, but like I said in an earlier post, don’t mind waiting either because I know a lot of units will be produced

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
if you think 9s are fast, i dont know what else to say to you. if you think stock motor 8s are not highly modded or on severely borrowed time, i dont know what else to say. the fact you brought Hennessey into the equation tells actual car people, everything we were thinking.. you know nothing :)

40+20 is 60 right, so at 80 + 2k, i have a better car, with much more potential and a unique appeal. sounds like a win

hes saying deep 9s and even 8s.. thats the issue , 9.7/145 blower and supporting is great for a 5.0, and probably where most cars will end up. he barely runs 10s with his, and now uses henessy as an example :)
A large amount of daily drivers running mid 9’s is fast and impressive for a $60k build when the world record for 100k++ super car you referenced, the very light ZR1 is mid 9’s. I said Hennessy because that’s who built The world record ZR1 and no I, nor anyone else, said anything about 8’s for 10-15k. Where do you come up with this shit? You’re just arguing with yourself at this point.

As far as bashing GT500 no one bashing the GT500. They’re bashing a GT500 going for 160k, the topic of the thread. It’s not worth it. Sorry if that bothers anyone but I don’t really give a rats ass. Stop being so sensitive. The GT500 is still great but not $180k great.

FourStangs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
67 GT500, 68 GT500 Convertible, 69 Boss 429, 70 Mach 1, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Honestly, are there very many people getting MSRP? I asked the local dealer I bought my Raptor from about their allocation and they have one that hasn’t been spoken for and I’m wondering what a fair deal would be. The salesman I deal with there is asking the owner and getting back with me tomorrow, that’s how small this dealership is.
I don’t know, I’m a firm believer in “living for today”. If you really love this car, which I think most of us here do, then I would think a $5k adm for a base car would be worth it. If you spent $80k on a base, put $20k down on it and financed for 6 years at 4.5%, payments would be $952/month. Add on a $5k adm and your payments go up by $80. I think the smile on your face for one whole extra year is worth $80....just my 2 cents.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer Detroit is one of the largest in The country and they told me they might get 2 of the gaggle of orders they placed. Ordering doesn’t equal getting. So yeah the OP’s experience is legit.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I gave up my 2k deal and 2.5k deal, had two calls from other dealerships trying to sell their 5k allocations one even offering what I paid for my R....still not buying. Moral of the story overpriced when spec'd right and a year plus late to market. For those buying call around there are way more deals on the 500 than the 350's first year.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.