Sponsored

Dealer screwed up

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Never have I seen a dealer cry so much over selling a brand new car at a discount. It just reeks of a corner junk car dealer and something Ford should be very concerned with.
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
If they didnt want to loose on this deal then they should have hired competent staff, that should have common sense, respect the property and take pride in what they do. My 2020 GT Premium has a passenger seat issue that caused the car to have over 8 visits with no fix. And to top it off the dealer also hired some fucktards that cause mutiple damages to the car. From replaced parts, repainted roof, pillars, passenger door and mirror cap. Ford finally agreed to buy the car back because of all of these issues, if they would have never damaged the car I would have just tried to find another dealer to fix it but at least in my favor I get to get a 2021 GT Premium and the only expensive out of my pocket would be $590. I wont be paying for any use of vehicle on the 2020.

OP
OP
jabberwoki

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
69 428 CJ Mach 1 , 2020 gt350
Yeah it`s BS alright and really hard to not let them have it . All this info is being forwarded to Ford as well.

OP
OP
jabberwoki

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
That reply was from the dealer manager by the way.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jabberwoki

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
I've emailed him aswell but no reply

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I've emailed him aswell but no reply
Unfortunately e-mail isn’t going to work. He/she is going to hide behind their manager. Since you say they are too far away for a visit your chances for a resolution with this dealer are slim. Time to escalate. Your choice as to which way to do this, but it’s time.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
This is the reply.
Mr. Bird,

I'm sorry that the Mustang you bought wasn't perfect. You negotiated a large discount on a limited availability vehicle and in the end we made less than $800 on the deal. We were shocked at the cost of repair because we thought it would just be a bumper cover. So an $1800 repair would mean that it costs us $1000 to sell you that car. Not a great business model.

Any chance the work can be done for less?

i`m going to get another estimate to do my part.
In the interest of resolving this i've refrained from giving him a lecture about what else a good business model involves... it was hard to do though.
I can't believe that they're still bitching about the money that they lost or didn't make. Like I said before, that's not your problem. Don't quit hassling these assholes. You paid for that car and they should take care of you. I hate it when sales/managers kiss ass for you to sign the deal but pretend like you don't exist when a there's problem with the car. In this case, something they caused. Reach out to BBB or who ever is in charge of that crooked manager. Don't just let it go.
Do a google review, Yelp review, anything... that's what I have done in the past and it helped my situation.
Best of luck to you.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
They are talking smart business practices?
Nobody in the history of business has lost money on a sale, nobody.
RIIIIIGHT!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
They are talking smart business practices?
Nobody in the history of business has lost money on a sale, nobody.
RIIIIIGHT!
Losing money on one single individual sale. Sure, I've done that in the past. But let me see this dealers records for sales with ADM's. That would tell another story. Just a totally stupid comment.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer lost 10k on my car selling as leftover. He had no problem wanted the undesired car gone lol.

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Time to name the dealer... It's clear to me they don't give two shits about making this right.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
Again, I am not surprised you are getting this kind of treatment from the manager. I had shitty dealings with one of my local Ford dealerships when i was searching for my R.

All American Ford in Paramus, NJ. They were asking for 10K ADM on an R they had in the show room. I told him I was ready to buy and that I had found an R in Kentucky for 5K below MSRP. I told them if they matched that or if they came down on the price to MSRP I would buy the car on the spot.

The sales manager tried strong arming me, he looked me dead in the face and told me that it would not be smart for me to buy out of state because I would not be able to have the car serviced at my local dealership (his dealership). He gave me some story about his dealership trained Shelby techs only working on Shelby cars that were sold at his dealership. I asked him twice if he was sure about that. He stood firm on his story.

I walked out and got the car from Kentucky.

Most of the dealerships selling the big three American brands operate in a mediocre manner in more ways than one. On top of that they'll stab you in the neck to make an extra $500 on a deal !!!!! It's a disgrace !!

I will be surprised if you ever hear from the owner.

You are doing the right thing by not loosing your mind and writing them a fiery email.

Keep forwarding Ford the evidence of the dealership's lack of willingness to help.

Please let us know what dealership this is. They don't deserve another nickel of profit.

Last edited:

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I say going forward keep all communication through email and/or text if they call you reply to them with an email or text. That's how I was able to keep Ford informed of everything the dealer was doing and not doing.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
go to corporate
Sponsored