rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
so do i need to have the wifi controller as well?
Sponsored

DarkHorse850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6-spd DIB
I had someone install these but I wanted them to be wired in to my drl's and they aren't. Does any know where I can find a wiring diagram so I can try to fix this?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I had someone install these but I wanted them to be wired in to my drl's and they aren't. Does any know where I can find a wiring diagram so I can try to fix this?

I don't recall which wire I used, but you can just use a volt meter to the headlight harness to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkHorse850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks. I haven't taken a good look at this yet so I have no idea how any of this looks. Is it typically tapped in to the fuse box or are there actually wires..?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Ok thanks. I haven't taken a good look at this yet so I have no idea how any of this looks. Is it typically tapped in to the fuse box or are there actually wires..?

I have two power sources. One tapped to the headlight harness so it comes on and off with the car just like the oem drl and another with a constant source from the fuse box hooked to a RF remote so I can turn it on and off at shows/meets w/out the car being on. These both go to a diode and then a single power out to the drl with an inline fuse.

Sponsored

DarkHorse850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just took a look at my set up and it looks like they're tapped in to the headlights. It is possible to have these as drl's still right? If not, not really a big deal. I'd just rather not turn on my headlights or parking lights all the time.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Just took a look at my set up and it looks like they're tapped in to the headlights. It is possible to have these as drl's still right? If not, not really a big deal. I'd just rather not turn on my headlights or parking lights all the time.

Yep - they may just have tapped the wrong wire.

DarkHorse850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Easy fix?

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
i used a diode so that i can use them both ways. that allows me to leave them on when the car is off if desired.

Sponsored
OP
OP
pinero61

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I'm interested in the sequentials with the RGBW, I take there's extra work to get the sequential part to work beyond just installing the boards correct?
Just need to tap into the blinkers. Took five minutes per side to solder it up with the bumper on. Bumper off will be that much easier.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
So since the price difference between RGBW and RGBWA is $80, would it be possible to come out with a lower cost option ($70-80) with just White and Amber(sequential), without the RGB functionality/remote/etc..? I'd definitely jump on that.
Not saying that the kit as it is isn't a good deal, just that I'd never use any of the RGB functions and seems a waste to pay so much for them.

OP
OP
pinero61

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
So since the price difference between RGBW and RGBWA is $80, would it be possible to come out with a lower cost option ($70-80) with just White and Amber(sequential), without the RGB functionality/remote/etc..? I'd definitely jump on that.
Not saying that the kit as it is isn't a good deal, just that I'd never use any of the RGB functions and seems a waste to pay so much for them.

I don't use mine either. All I wanted was the sequential function.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Yes please. I'd like a White/Amber light as well. As cool as the RGB lights look, I'd never use them.
Sponsored