Sponsored

DCT fluid leak *update* got it back fixed.

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Trust me short term pain long term gain is a better option than having to fight ford to get it covered under warranty because you worked on it yourself.

this is 2021 surely someone you know can let you drive something for a little while, Americans have cars coming out their ears.
Sponsored

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Wow who would have knownā€¦..damn if you donā€™t have an extended warranty you are not giving a rental car. And or the original selling dealer likes you well thatā€™s too bad being yep your on your own unless you got an extended warranty.

Here is Fords Disclaimer in the Manual:

1E1EEB67-EEFE-4048-AE8F-0EBFE020619C.png

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I realize all of what you guys are saying. I really do. But what good is a warranty if no one will even look at it? Iā€™m not going to do something to jeopardize my warranty. But Iā€™ll fix a loose fitting for sure, or when I get done with whatever, they wonā€™t know. I will be calling ford tomorrow. See what they say. I certainly have options for a driver. But no one I know has an extra car. Plus, itā€™s not their responsibility. And, letā€™s say rental. At 100$ a day for 65 days they quoted before even looking at it, why should I even have to? Thatā€™s the unacceptable part to me.

I know forddoesnā€™t have to provide a loaner. Theyā€™ve said that for years. Itā€™s up to the dealer. My usual dealer has provided one for both cars Iā€™ve bought from them and ones I didnā€™t. But, we back to the 65 day thing.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
I realize all of what you guys are saying. I really do. But what good is a warranty if no one will even look at it? Iā€™m not going to do something to jeopardize my warranty. But Iā€™ll fix a loose fitting for sure, or when I get done with whatever, they wonā€™t know. I will be calling ford tomorrow. See what they say. I certainly have options for a driver. But no one I know has an extra car. Plus, itā€™s not their responsibility. And, letā€™s say rental. At 100$ a day for 65 days they quoted before even looking at it, why should I even have to? Thatā€™s the unacceptable part to me.

I know forddoesnā€™t have to provide a loaner. Theyā€™ve said that for years. Itā€™s up to the dealer. My usual dealer has provided one for both cars Iā€™ve bought from them and ones I didnā€™t. But, we back to the 65 day thing.
I believe you have the right to take it to a non Ford Dealer repair center and have the car repaired if the Ford dealer cannot repair it or look at within a 30day window. And will be covered under warranty.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Buy an extended warranty and I believe you are then given a rental car. Doesnā€™t hurt to look into it and they are pro rated refunded back to you if you decide to cancel it after your repair is done.

Sponsored

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Buy an extended warranty and I believe you are then given a rental car. Doesnā€™t hurt to look into it and they are pro rated refunded back to you if you decide to cancel it after your repair is done.
For 10 days at $30 a day.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Good luck OP.

Hopefully your car doesn't have to sit and sit on the lot, especially outside every day/night before they can look at it. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

2018Creamsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Premium Vert
For 10 days at $30 a day.
They will pay for more than 10 days if the car is still in for repairs. Just takes some hell raising by the dealer with the esp f*ckers. You can get enhanced rental where theyā€˜ll pay $60 a day. Of course, I have it on my super duty, but I still ended up with a damn escape last time I had my it in. Lol Enterprise never wants to give up the decent cars.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You may not think no one will be able to tell that you attempted a repair OR started messing with any parts on the carā€¦ even hard partsā€¦ but what youā€™re missing is this:

Some hard parts like fasteners, bolts, screws etc. are marked on the assembly line to confirm proper torque specs or that all fasteners were ā€œtouchedā€ for final assembly. Even if you donā€™t see a visible assembly line mark or paint hash on a hard part, when you go to remove a screw, nut, bolt etc. your tool is leaving a witness markā€¦. IF an FSE has to be called out to look at your vehicle at the Service Center or make a call for authorizing warranty work and sees any tampering of hard parts - as others are telling you, your warranty claim could be denied.

Itā€™s your car, do what you will - but at least listen to those in the know who arenā€™t feeding you a bunch of BS.

If the car is leaking badly, call the Ford # for towing and have the car towed to a Service Center. This is the better option instead of 1) continuing to drive it knowing itā€™s leaking and 2) attempting to mess with it.

Then after itā€™s towed there, you need to call the Ford 800# and start a Case regarding the leak issue. This will put priority on your vehicle and bump it in the lineā€¦ because the Service Center has to provide Ford with progress of repair efforts and they must provide status updates to getting the repair done in a timely manner.

As for Loaners and unless something has changed in the last year or two, Ford should be providing a Customer a vehicle loaner if the Customer is the original owner of the vehicle up to 5yr/60k and if the car is to remain at the Service Center for more than 48hr for warranty repairs. If the loaner is needed longer than 4 days, the Ford Service Center also can put in an extension via their internal Ford FMC360 Warranty form. Tell your Dealership to reference the Ford Warranty and Policy Manual (SECTION 6 ā€“ FORD/LINCOLN PROGRAM POLICIES SECTION FORD IN-WARRANTY LOANER PROGRAM). Every Franchise has access to it via Ford OASIS and other internal channels.

Also if the Service Center does not have any fleet loaners, they should be able to get you a loaner through Enterprise (or other similar services in your area). It should be of no expense to you and the Service Center will get reimbursed through Ford for the rental - OR if they want you to pay, you would get reimbursement via Ford Corp. if you have a Case # started.

Every instance that my prior 2016 S550 or my current 2018 S550 has been at the Service Center for a major repair and they know that day it will be in for longer than 48hrs, Iā€™ve been granted a loaner from my Service Center with no out of pocket expense to me except for fuel. Hell, with my prior 2016, I had multiple Ford loaners in excess of 1-2 months and I never had ANY Ford ESP. When my 2018 had to get the 10R80 valve body replaced under warranty in 2020, I was given a brand new 2020 Ford Explorer ST as a loaner - put 3k miles on that beastā€¦ LOLā€¦

Good luck and at the very least make sure you call to get a Case started.

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You may not think no one will be able to tell that you attempted a repair OR started messing with any parts on the carā€¦ even hard partsā€¦ but what youā€™re missing is this:

Some hard parts like fasteners, bolts, screws etc. are marked on the assembly line to confirm proper torque specs or that all fasteners were ā€œtouchedā€ for final assembly. Even if you donā€™t see a visible assembly line mark or paint hash on a hard part, when you go to remove a screw, nut, bolt etc. your tool is leaving a witness markā€¦. IF an FSE has to be called out to look at your vehicle at the Service Center or make a call for authorizing warranty work and sees any tampering of hard parts - as others are telling you, your warranty claim could be denied.

Itā€™s your car, do what you will - but at least listen to those in the know who arenā€™t feeding you a bunch of BS.

If the car is leaking badly, call the Ford # for towing and have the car towed to a Service Center. This is the better option instead of 1) continuing to drive it knowing itā€™s leaking and 2) attempting to mess with it.

Then after itā€™s towed there, you need to call the Ford 800# and start a Case regarding the leak issue. This will put priority on your vehicle and bump it in the lineā€¦ because the Service Center has to provide Ford with progress of repair efforts and they must provide status updates to getting the repair done in a timely manner.

As for Loaners and unless something has changed in the last year or two, Ford should be providing a Customer a vehicle loaner if the Customer is the original owner of the vehicle up to 5yr/60k and if the car is to remain at the Service Center for more than 48hr for warranty repairs. If the loaner is needed longer than 4 days, the Ford Service Center also can put in an extension via their internal Ford FMC360 Warranty form. Tell your Dealership to reference the Ford Warranty and Policy Manual (SECTION 6 ā€“ FORD/LINCOLN PROGRAM POLICIES SECTION FORD IN-WARRANTY LOANER PROGRAM). Every Franchise has access to it via Ford OASIS and other internal channels.

Also if the Service Center does not have any fleet loaners, they should be able to get you a loaner through Enterprise (or other similar services in your area). It should be of no expense to you and the Service Center will get reimbursed through Ford for the rental - OR if they want you to pay, you would get reimbursement via Ford Corp. if you have a Case # started.

Every instance that my prior 2016 S550 or my current 2018 S550 has been at the Service Center for a major repair and they know that day it will be in for longer than 48hrs, Iā€™ve been granted a loaner from my Service Center with no out of pocket expense to me except for fuel. Hell, with my prior 2016, I had multiple Ford loaners in excess of 1-2 months and I never had ANY Ford ESP. When my 2018 had to get the 10R80 valve body replaced under warranty in 2020, I was given a brand new 2020 Ford Explorer ST as a loaner - put 3k miles on that beastā€¦ LOLā€¦

Good luck and at the very least make sure you call to get a Case started.
great info. Where can I see a copy Of the section 6 of the policy manual? Is that the one that came in the owners manual?

Iā€™m going to call ford today and open a case, explain to them the problem I had Friday/Saturday contacting dealers and see what they say and go from there.

Iā€™m very familiar with the marks etc you speak of. But, the hose fittings on the particular part are clips. Thereā€™s no marks left by me snapping them into place if itā€™s something as easy As that. Likely? No. Worth a few minutes to at least look? Maybe. But what I do with my time will depend on what I find out today. Although, due to where itā€™s at, I highly doubt a FSE will get involved. Itā€™s likely a leaking hose/fitting or cooler. Wouldnt expect the engineer to get involved on something more mundane.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spoke to ford today. Got a case # opened. They reached out to another dealer (consequently the one that didnā€™t outright say no to me) and they are trying to figure out how to get me in. Waiting on their call. They did tell the really nice ford rep that if it was major, it wouldnā€™t get in. Again, Iā€™m almost certain itā€™s not major. Hose, fitting or cooler at worst.

we spoke a little about loaners and rentals also. She did say that I would be eligible but availability is another matter. Iā€™m really less worried about that than getting my car fixed in a decent time frame.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Spoke to ford today. Got a case # opened. They reached out to another dealer (consequently the one that didnā€™t outright say no to me) and they are trying to figure out how to get me in. Waiting on their call. They did tell the really nice ford rep that if it was major, it wouldnā€™t get in. Again, Iā€™m almost certain itā€™s not major. Hose, fitting or cooler at worst.

we spoke a little about loaners and rentals also. She did say that I would be eligible but availability is another matter. Iā€™m really less worried about that than getting my car fixed in a decent time frame.
Glad you go things sorta-rolling. Hope it works out quickly for ya.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
They will pay for more than 10 days if the car is still in for repairs. Just takes some hell raising by the dealer with the esp f*ckers. You can get enhanced rental where theyā€˜ll pay $60 a day. Of course, I have it on my super duty, but I still ended up with a damn escape last time I had my it in. Lol Enterprise never wants to give up the decent cars.
There is no guarantee Ford will extend it. Yes you can do enhanced rental, I usually get Expeditions when my F350 or Explorer is in but I call Enterprise direct and let them know I need one for X date when I drop off at Ford.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Drop that thing off, once it's there 30 file for a lemon law to get your money back.

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
Tell the dealership to call your local rental agency in set up appointment for you to pick up a rental car.

My Ford dealership has a rental car company on site. Tell them to use a vendor until a loaner car is available at the dealership.

Problem solved! They did this for me once.
Sponsored