Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
That would be more than worth it!! And the Kool factor for sure!!!!
Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
autobadges.com
billetbadges.com

I know nothing of their quality. Just looked them up.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
So, having “something” painted by my my Hot Rod Shop ...and here’s the code!! Man, a lot of hight end stuff in this color he said!!!... here it is!! Pearls and Metallics!!
4B0A4BE4-8597-4510-9A60-545DAC3803D6.jpeg
Next time you're at your paint shop, see what the "recipe" is for Ford's "Green Gem" color on the trucks and Transit Connects. In pictures, it looks a lot like the '19 Bullitt's green.

I was listening to an old interview Scott Hoag gave where he stated they had to use an existing green from the truck line on the '01 Bullitt so maybe they did it again.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Next time you're at your paint shop, see what the "recipe" is for Ford's "Green Gem" color on the trucks and Transit Connects. In pictures, it looks a lot like the '19 Bullitt's green.

I was listening to an old interview Scott Hoag gave where he stated they had to use an existing green from the truck line on the '01 Bullitt so maybe they did it again.
According to a couple of paint websites, they are the exact same color. (Green Gem & Bright/Dark Highland green) Ford's been using it on trucks, vans, SUV's, & even the Taurus for the last 7 years.

OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
This would tell me...NO !! ... Ford, Green Gem W6..... Dark Highland Green B5 !! I was told DHG is brand new for this year!!! My take is.... if it’s a Ford color and they are the same.... the paint code would be the same!!

So....I’m sticking with a positive..NO !!

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
According to a couple of paint websites, they are the exact same color. (Green Gem & Bright/Dark Highland green) Ford's been using it on trucks, vans, SUV's, & even the Taurus for the last 7 years.
In one of he on line interviews with Carl Widmann, he clearly states Ford had PPG do a whole new DHG for the '19 Bullit. I think the interview is at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
In one of he on line interviews with Carl Widmann, he clearly states Ford had PPG do a whole new DHG for the '19 Bullit. I think the interview is at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show.
Good. Glad to find that out. Thanks.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
While I like the new on I dont get why they dont try to re-create the original as close as they can. Then instead of Black they could offer Highland Green and New Highland Green as the options.

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
While I like the new on I dont get why they dont try to re-create the original as close as they can. Then instead of Black they could offer Highland Green and New Highland Green as the options.
In certain light conditions I suspect its fairly close to the original, but I guess they wanted a modern iteration of the colour, just like a modern engine, suspension, tires etc.....At the end of the day, a dark green Mustang can only mean "Bullitt".... I like the colour. Love how it "pops" in sunlight...yet in the shade its dark green.....

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
So, having “something” painted by my my Hot Rod Shop ...and here’s the code!! Man, a lot of hight end stuff in this color he said!!!... here it is!! Pearls and Metallics!!
4B0A4BE4-8597-4510-9A60-545DAC3803D6.jpeg
Hi - They should just call it Schizoid Highland Green since it has a confused identity- Bright Highland Green during the daytime and then it becomes Dark Highland Green as dusk arrives. Some even say it looks black after dark. We were probably charged extra for this split personality trait... Bruce

Last edited:
OP
OP
Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Hi - They should just call it Schizoid Highland Green since it has a confused identity- Bright Highland Green during the daytime and then it becomes Dark Highland Green at dusk arrives. Some even say it looks black after dark. We were probably charged extra for this dual personality paint... Bruce
Bahahahahahahah... actually Schizoid was already taken by Mustang Mystic ....Mistichrome and Mystic Gold!! ....talk about confusing in a hurry!!
71420FA6-F4D6-4D1C-81C5-35B74716B54D.jpeg
Sponsored