Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Viper GT, 2019 GT350R
Dude’s got issues. Wants to hear himself. Ignore him.
As soon as I saw him change a comment from short and rude to longer and nice I knew something was up. Also, I see you're new like me and welcome, everyone here seems really nice.. for the most part
Sponsored

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
Find yourself a 2019 pp2 or new MACH 1. Closest to 350 you'll get minus the engine.

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Find yourself a 2019 pp2 or new MACH 1. Closest to 350 you'll get minus the engine.
That's the main reason why I'm upgrading :) I want that engine, unique factor, and that extra pep out the gate otherwise I would just keep my car and throw a 350 manifold in it

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Did not read but why would you want an R for a daily?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Did not read but why would you want an R for a daily?
Figure it'll stop me from modding a 350, increased sell value someday, more unique, and if I can get one for a little more than a 350 it's hard to resist :) Plus it'll help bridge the gap a little more from the viper and keep some miles off of it and my lower back

Bullitt Tooth Tony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350 H3929
I daily mine and have a done a few things to make it more daily-able. I got the AutoAuthority spare tire kit and a 2nd set of stock wheels to run all season AS4s in 285/40/19. The larger sidewall helps a ton with ground clearance and the tires eliminate most tramlining. I would never want to daily an R with it's wheels either. I also covered most of the oil cooler grill with black painters tape for the winter so the oil gets up to temp in a fairly reasonable time, but I'll obviously remove it if I'm doing anything performance oriented.

As others have said, I think the Mach 1 is a better daily tbh. I love my GT350 to death, but dailying it can definitely be stressful, especially with the oil consumption.

Last edited:

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Figure it'll stop me from modding a 350, increased sell value someday, more unique, and if I can get one for a little more than a 350 it's hard to resist :) Plus it'll help bridge the gap a little more from the viper and keep some miles off of it and my lower back
To each their own, but good luck. Make sure to buy and extra splitter and set of wheels to drive around with. While you're putting those on, ask what's left that makes it an R besides red badging and calipers. Not much.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
I daily mine and have a done a few things to make it more daily-able. I got the AutoAuthority spare tire kit and a 2nd set of stock wheels to run all season AS4s in 285/40/19. The larger sidewall helps a ton with ground clearance and the tires eliminate most tramlining. I would never want to daily an R with it's wheels either. I also covered most of the oil cooler grill with black painters tape for the winter so the oil gets up to temp in a fairly reasonable time, but I'll obviously remove it if I'm doing anything performance oriented.

As others have said, I think the Mach 1 is a better daily tbh. I love my GT350 to death, but dailying it can definitely be stressful, especially with the oil consumption.
I'm still trying to see what rim/tire setup I want to run, is there a glaring problem aside from oil consumption (Which is a big deal, but an after thought) and that's why you would rather a mach 1?

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
To each their own, but good luck. Make sure to buy and extra splitter and set of wheels to drive around with. While you're putting those on, ask what's left that makes it an R besides red badging and calipers. Not much.
Do you have any recommended rim/tire setup I can't seem to pinpoint something that I like. Theres a uniqueness factor, excuse to finally get recaros, big wing, and some other physical and mental things like I like. I've only ever seen 3 gt350s and to me they look amazing, but missing a little something and in pictures the R does it, but I've never seen one in person and can't wait to find out :)

cynicalwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
willie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Performance Blue GT350
I'm trying to find a 19/20 GT350 (Ideally R) for my new daily, but can't seem to find any good ones out there (350 under 65k and R under 73k) anybody know good places to find them/ if anybody here is or knows someone who is selling?

Also, I'm coming from a 15 GT premium with the terrible shaker system. Any tips/what to expect and needed mods?
Where in New York are you from and what kind of mileage is acceptable to you?

OP
OP
Whopperman

Whopperman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Where in New York are you from and what kind of mileage is acceptable to you?
I'm about 30 min north of the city and I want to stay under 20k, I'm pretty sure I have one I'm working on, but it's taking a bit

Bullitt Tooth Tony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350 H3929
I'm still trying to see what rim/tire setup I want to run, is there a glaring problem aside from oil consumption (Which is a big deal, but an after thought) and that's why you would rather a mach 1?
While I personally wouldn't rather have a Mach 1, I do think it's a better daily. My GT350 is currently my only car, so I have no choice but to daily it through the St. Louis winter, and I'm trying to do it as smart as possible (the irony isn't lost on me). Oil consumption is just something you have to live with as a GT350 owner. I'm talking about oil management to avoid a blown engine. I wait for my oil to get to 100* before going anywhere (which is about when low idle starts) and I don't take it above 3500 RPM until its over 140*, then don't take it past 6k until its 190*. I'm pretty diligent about it and can live with it, but it's certainly not ideal for a daily. The Mach 1 also has auto-rev matching, which would be nice if heel-toe downshifting wasn't so much fun. I know it's not for everyone though.

As far as wheels/tires go, I HIGHLY recommend a set of all seasons, if not a set of winter tires too (assuming the R's CF wheels are on Cup2s). Tramlining can be a real bitch on the street, and Summer tires in the cold/wet have given me a few pants-shitting moments. Wheels in the correct size can be hard to find since the offset is different than most Mustangs and they have to clear the larger calipers, which is why I suggested a set of stock, base GT350 wheels. However, LMR also makes a (relatively) cheap set of 350R replicas called the SVE R350 which might be looking into, though I don't have any experience with them. This thread might be helpful https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/my-street-driven-tire-wheel-change-on-my-gt350.139769/
Sponsored