Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Yes Stefano you've warned me, but I hoped you were wrong :headbonk:

Anyway, I feel confident that I will not have any problems with the connections I made, they seemed very robust, especially after covering each one of them with this self-fusing tape.

By the way, I would like to inform Diode Dynamics about that as well. Did you do it through a private message or through a post at a thread?
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I posted in the sidemarkers thread IIRC, so to also inform others about that.
Yes your connection now is secure :)

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Just an FIY: if anybody wants to solder the sidemarkers, don't forget to solder the chip in the EU harness into your wiring or you'll burn the LEDs.

And yes, like Eric said, soldering is king.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Just an FIY: if anybody wants to solder the sidemarkers, don't forget to solder the chip in the EU harness into your wiring or you'll burn the LEDs.

And yes, like Eric said, soldering is king.
what chip?

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
anyone know where the wires for the rear camera is connected?

went on a road trip and presumably bumped something loose when filling the trunk with luggage, because the camera stopped working... wanted to have a look to see if there's a loose connection before I take it back to Ford (again...)

Can't believe how dependent I've become on that backup camera :D

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
The first connector is right behing the camera assembly. Yoou can reach it easily removing the rear trunk panel (the one with the pony). You can find some guide\tutorial here on the forum, probably also in some threads from me :D

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
thanks, seems I can get to the wiring by removing the "carpet" on the trunk lid though... unfortunately it seems to be a common issue as the wire harness gets bent every time you open/close it and this leads to actual breaks inside the cables...

if I "massage" the harness the camera "may" come back again... so I guess it's off to the store... again... maybe I'll have them swap out my pony lamps too because they are looking weeeeird right now... my left pony is "spotted" and the right one has actually broke in two (as there's a line running through it...)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
The issue with the aircon started happening to me yesterday, on a very hot day. Cold air comes out of the passenger side and hot air comes out of the driver's side. Also it takes forever to cool down.

Damn, the car is only 8 months old with 6000 km on. I never had a problem with the aircon on any of the cars I owned before. I start thinking that this car has serious quality issues.
Update: I took the car to the dealer yesterday and they confirmed that they have to top it up with coolant (as if I needed the confirmation...). They will do it next week. They could not find a leakage and they told me it's normal for any car to leak a bit coolant, although I am not convinced... I will keep you posted.
Update #2:

The air-condition finally died today, 25 days after the refill. It now blows only warm air... The car was parked in my garage for 2 days as I was away on a trip. I started the car today (outside temperature 95 degrees) and a strange smell flooded the cabin (freon?). I called the dealership and I will take it in tomorrow so that they locate the leak and decide on the next steps.

A defective air-condition that will eventually affect all new-generation Mustangs, so many frustrated customers, leaking evaporators that can cause health issues and no action from Ford... This is very bad publicity for the company and the brand itself. Especially for a car that is supposed to be an icon for Ford.

It's a pitty... Such a good looking car, so fun to drive, but with so many problems and quality control issues reported. I have a 5-year warranty, but the lack of spare parts in Europe can make the repair of the slightest damage a lengthy procedure. I own the car for less than a year but I seriously consider selling it and never look back again.

Will keep you posted, but, seriously, I would expect some sort of action from Ford :mad:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Well, do you know the story about the cooled seats? When cooling they start _heating_ and the back seat became so hot it could probably catch fire.. but no recall whatsoever, they only did a new air duct so the seat should not burn.. but the cooling is still very poor - and we paid 600 eur for that.

Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
The built quality of these cars seems crap. A friend of mine has his 2016 Mustang left at the dealership for two and a half months because of a faulty transmission bearing and an issue with the EPAS. And they cannot even tell him when he will get it back! Can you imagine, two and a half months without driving his car, in the middle of the summer!

Although the same will happen with me now, because it is impossible to drive the car without a functional air condition at so high temperatures (35-42 degrees) and according to the dealer they will have to order any spare part needed to repair it.

I bought the car in order to drive it, especially in the summer when I can enjoy it the most, not to keep it in my garage or at the dealership most of the time.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Update #2:

The air-condition finally died today, 25 days after the refill. It now blows only warm air... The car was parked in my garage for 2 days as I was away on a trip. I started the car today (outside temperature 95 degrees) and a strange smell flooded the cabin (freon?). I called the dealership and I will take it in tomorrow so that they locate the leak and decide on the next steps.

A defective air-condition that will eventually affect all new-generation Mustangs, so many frustrated customers, leaking evaporators that can cause health issues and no action from Ford... This is very bad publicity for the company and the brand itself. Especially for a car that is supposed to be an icon for Ford.

It's a pitty... Such a good looking car, so fun to drive, but with so many problems and quality control issues reported. I have a 5-year warranty, but the lack of spare parts in Europe can make the repair of the slightest damage a lengthy procedure. I own the car for less than a year but I seriously consider selling it and never look back again.

Will keep you posted, but, seriously, I would expect some sort of action from Ford :mad:
So I took the car to the dealer today and they confirmed that they have to replace the evaporator (actually they told me that they will replace the whole A/C unit!). Just a reminded, this is a 2017 Mustang EcoBoost, which means that even the latest models don't have the upgraded evaporator.

The part is in back order and the temperature 37-40 degrees C...

Thanks Ford :mad:

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Mine was refilled a week ago.... still cold for now. I expect it to fail again in 1-2 weeks at which point they are going to have to do the evap core.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
mine is usually too cold... though that might be our temps ;)

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
My AC was measured this morning. Zero refrigerant loss over the last 9 days.

So now its a case of drive it and wait to see if it goes pop again.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Mine was freezing cold for 25 days after the refill and then it stopped working completely. Waiting for the new a/c to arrive. It is in backorder. Today I was driving the car and I was grilled - external temperature 40 degrees C...
Sponsored