Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I don't think the Sync 2 system from 2105 models can be updated to Sync 3.
3.8 is the firmware version for Sync 2

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
3.8 is the firmware version for Sync 2
Ok, I wasn't thinking straight. Everyone is talking about the new sync 3 update I just thought that's what he was talking about.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I rental Lincoln i had here in the US had Sync 3 - tbh not much better than Sync 2 in my opinion. :shrug:
The big thing is that sync 3 will allow apple and android play.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Maybe.

And it has a better touch interface. But worse user interface from what I hear :D

Anyone noticed hot spots on the their trunk lid? We have this "getting cold and wet" weather here now that leaves my car misty in the evenings and I notice after a drive there are two distinct rectangular areas on the trunk lid that seem to "heat and dry up"... kinda strange since there's nothing in the trunk area that should have this effect.

(there's also two big cable going into the lid which I find odd since the only thing in it is the third brake light... one cable on each side...)

.Jim.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT EU Spec (PP, Premium, Custom)
Drove a new Mondeo the other day and it comes with sync 3. The first thing you notice is the layout. Imo sync 2 looks way better, but I wish it had the response of sync3...

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm

Yes, and its very annoying too as you need to activate Siri to use it (at least on iPhone).

Maybe.

And it has a better touch interface. But worse user interface from what I hear :D

Anyone noticed hot spots on the their trunk lid? We have this "getting cold and wet" weather here now that leaves my car misty in the evenings and I notice after a drive there are two distinct rectangular areas on the trunk lid that seem to "heat and dry up"... kinda strange since there's nothing in the trunk area that should have this effect.

(there's also two big cable going into the lid which I find odd since the only thing in it is the third brake light... one cable on each side...)
Agree. Its much faster, especially when calculating a route on the nav.

Drove a new Mondeo the other day and it comes with sync 3. The first thing you notice is the layout. Imo sync 2 looks way better, but I wish it had the response of sync3...
+1

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
As said before, you NEED to change your Dealer... Or he will put you "MOTORCRAP" in the engine ... :lol::lol:
It's the nearest Ford Store I have and it's about 70+ km from me.. but hopefully (knock on wood) I don't need them anymore :amen:

Motorcrat LOL

Sounds almost like... crate engine :):)

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Yes, and its very annoying too as you need to activate Siri to use it (at least on iPhone).
Lets not forget that there is no Carplay out there (yet) :) But activating Siri isn't complicated? You just press the voice command button on the wheel for 3 seconds...

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Lets not forget that there is no Carplay out there (yet) :) But activating Siri isn't complicated? You just press the voice command button on the wheel for 3 seconds...
Pretty much like activating Siri on you iphone. You hold the home button for a couple seconds.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I can give you the 3.8 files if you want to do it yourself....
Did you notice any improvement over the previous version 3.7ish?
My dealers chief didn't want to perform any software updates when I was there last month :shrug:

Thx

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Sync software update is easily done by yourself... not sure what changes there were but some stuff related to bluetooth and Siri Eyes Free were added (have no clue what that is though... I never have time to figure stuff out because I'm driving all the time :))

Ford says
ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE
The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch® systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits such as:
Siri® Eyes Free*:
Now iPhone users can use Siri® Eyes Free with SYNC® with MyFord Touch®. With simple voice commands, SYNC® with MyFord Touch® enables you to operate the iPhone and SYNC® together. Siri® Eyes Free can be activated by pressing and holding the voice button for at least 3 seconds.
Secure, simple phone pairing:
Phone pairing is now easier.
Automatic reconnection:
If your phone disconnects, SYNC® with MyFord Touch® will automatically reconnect it.
Easier entry of destinations for China:
Now SYNC® with MyFord Touch® allows for easier entry of destinations.
*Feature requires compatible hardware.

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
In my car 3.8 made the system more stable. It's hasn't crashed since I installed it, whereas it did regularly before when I still ran 3.7.

Haven't noticed any functional changes and since I don't use POS iPhones I have no use for Sire Eyes Free either.
Sponsored