Sponsored

D1SC vs P1SC... D1SC not safe for my car?

MNDZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was going to buy a stage 2 kit and install it myself, but then someone suggested I go to this local shop to do it. So I figured, doesn't hurt to get more information before I decide what to do. The shop said they spoke to their Procharger rep and were told that they don't recommend me upgrading to the D1SC because they cannot get the D1SC slowed down enough to make safe boost for my car which only has a catback. They said I'd make about 9psi with, I think, the 4.75" pulley but if I had headers, then they could safely put the D1SC in there. Is this correct? I'd really rather upgrade now for a little extra money than try to upgrade later for a lot more. But if it is more risky then I'd probably stay away from it.
Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
From what I've read on here that's false. 9 psi On a D1 is pretty safe, adding full exhaust will increase hp but lower boost due to efficiency. You could probably get away with a 4.5 pulley if you wanted. I think some people have even put the f1a on a stock motor in here

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
d1 is fine,

we have done a ridiculous amount of d1 setups.

imo, d1 on the 15+ is better than a p1, make same power on less boost,

the f1 is what really can't be slown down enough.

hit us up with your wants / needs

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
I have a D1 because I wanted to hit 700hp without having to do much. Plus the D1 is rated up to 925hp. My motor is going to be stock but will be going to the shop this week to have the OPG's and crank gears swapped out.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I have a D1 with 4.75 pulley and catless headers. I hit 10psi which is what I was looking for. There are guys here on 93 pushing 15 psi so I am not worried about 10...my elevation is 1200ft as an FYI.

Sponsored

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
I was going to buy a stage 2 kit and install it myself, but then someone suggested I go to this local shop to do it. So I figured, doesn't hurt to get more information before I decide what to do. The shop said they spoke to their Procharger rep and were told that they don't recommend me upgrading to the D1SC because they cannot get the D1SC slowed down enough to make safe boost for my car which only has a catback. They said I'd make about 9psi with, I think, the 4.75" pulley but if I had headers, then they could safely put the D1SC in there. Is this correct? I'd really rather upgrade now for a little extra money than try to upgrade later for a lot more. But if it is more risky then I'd probably stay away from it.
P1SC =1200 cfm
D1SC=1400 cfm
Paxton 2200 = 1450 cfm
Vortech JT=1450 cfm
Vortech JT-B = ????
F1A =1575cfm
Vortech YSI = 1600 cfm

I personally would not run the little P1SC unless you want the PC canned tune.

I would definitely upgrade to the D1SC its still smaller than a beefcake special 2200. And we know how they run.

But then again I have a F1A on E85. @15# I feel I have room to grow if I ever decide to build my motor. To each there own I guess.

Last edited:

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I have been running a D1 since the beginning on a 4.5" pulley initially making 13-14 psi with no issues. I am down to 10-11 due to changes in my exhaust and intake setup.

My feeling is two part.

1. Get the D1SC
2. Buy it from Terry aka Beefcake.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I just installed my D1SC this weekend. I'm not sure why you'd limit yourself on the P1 if you have the money.

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
That is 3 different Procharger kits installed this weekend. haha Good stuff I just got my second tune from Lund. Going to go on a "smoke break" to do some more data logging. First tune was a little lean on the lower end of the powerband. Hopefully after the next tune I can get the green light to get into some boost. Hard to do slow climbs you can feel the car wants to go. :(

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
That is 3 different Procharger kits installed this weekend. haha Good stuff I just got my second tune from Lund. Going to go on a "smoke break" to do some more data logging. First tune was a little lean on the lower end of the powerband. Hopefully after the next tune I can get the green light to get into some boost. Hard to do slow climbs you can feel the car wants to go. :(
Yep. I haven't even loaded the tune yet as I just got the blower part done. I still need to pop in the injectors and spark plugs and add the JMS BAP. That shouldn't take too long.

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Injectors take 15 mins tops I was worried about that part because I had never done injectors before. You won't re-use the stock fuel injector clips. The BAP should be easy the hard part is putting the seat back in if your BAP is staying under the seat. My seat is hitting the harness so I will have to mess with it this weekend. After 10 hours in a 100 degree garage I am done with the car for the week. It's on the road somewhat just can't hit boost yet. ;)

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Injectors take 15 mins tops I was worried about that part because I had never done injectors before. You won't re-use the stock fuel injector clips. The BAP should be easy the hard part is putting the seat back in if your BAP is staying under the seat. My seat is hitting the harness so I will have to mess with it this weekend. After 10 hours in a 100 degree garage I am done with the car for the week. It's on the road somewhat just can't hit boost yet. ;)
Injectors will be cake. I took all that off for the GT350 IM already. Spark plugs are 10 mins too. I'll have it logged this week sometime.
Sponsored