Sponsored

Cvf downpipe not what i was expecting!!!!!!!!

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
I suppose I don't want to know what a decent down-pipe costs.
In the neighborhood of three c-notes. Easy install, if you're wrench-savvy. If not, then an hour's labor at your chosen shop.
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How? A down pipe lets the turbo spin freer and increases boost and responsiveness?
Yes.

Stock downpipes are often small diameter or have restrictions/neck-downs at or near the turbo housing.

Increasing diameter and eliminating the restrictions allows the turbo to expel the exhaust more efficiently.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No tune necessary. If you combine other exhaust changes or a better inter-cooler, a tune will be beneficial.

OP
OP
Akingn88

Akingn88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arthur
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
Tune isn't needed for this?

No a tune is not needed what is needed is a 02 sensor spacer. That will eliminate your check engine problem. I have a full turbo back exhaust which consists of a downpipe and a catback exhaust and I do not have a tune. The 02 spacer I used is this one.

CNT 90 Degree Angled 02 defouler and two straight defouler CEL Fix Oxygen Spacer Exhaust Extension 4 Piece kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016P42V4W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_0VIcDbDBFSV5A

Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Correct, tune not required, but recommended to obtain full potential performance gains. If you are getting a CEL, then an O2 restrictor is your best option, since most tuners will not touch it in a tune anymore. I went with the Vibrant 11619 J-Style Oxygen Sensor Restrictor Fitting with Adjustable Gas Flow Inserts from Amazon and though it costs a little more than others you may find, it is a well made and beefy piece. I went with mid-size restrictor of the 3 it came with, and the 90 degree bend ensures no clearance issues.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase