Custom manual shift knob with no reverse lockout adapter

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
I currently run a custom knob from CJ Pony Parts that requires the reverse lockout adapter to screw onto the stud over the plastic reverse lockout before the knob goes on. In other words the knob is not hollowed out where the stud goes similar to the factory knob to allow the reverse lockout to slide up into the knob. It's a great knob - grabber blue with the 6-spd shift pattern and ponys on the side that my daughter thinks is really cool...

But it makes the shift knob a lot higher than factory. It also makes engaging the reverse lockout sometimes a bit tricky. It hangs up every once in a while and I'm concerned I'm going to break the plastic reverse lockout at some point.

I do have a Barton Industries reverse lockout replacement to replace the complete factory one that attaches to the boot, but I realized the knob I bought won't work with it as-is without using that same screw-on lockout adapter. I'd have to get a new knob that's hollowed out to make it work. I would also like to eliminate the reverse lockout screw-on adapter I originally bought with the custom knob, and have one with a recess anyway.

Does anyone have the link to the company that makes these to screw down over the factory lock-out without the screw on adapter? I've looked and can't find it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BluePonyGT

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT