Custom Car Grill Upper and Lower installed

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Decided to post this up since you never really see this mentioned in the grill talk (atleast not that I found). I was going to do a custom mesh grill since I personally feel our grill options are quite pricey and I stumbled upon this. Great customer service and the fitment is 100% perfect. For the price of $90 shipped I feel like it's a great option. Heres a few before and after pics.

20200403_180143.jpg
Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Maybe it's just the camera or something but the cutting on the upper grill, driver side bottom in the middle section where it meets the mesh, looks really bad. Overall grill looks good for the money but I almost feel like you could have done the same thing yourself for nothing more than the cost of mesh and a dremel if you don't have one.

OP
OP
imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Maybe it's just the camera or something but the cutting on the upper grill, driver side bottom in the middle section where it meets the mesh, looks really bad. Overall grill looks good for the money but I almost feel like you could have done the same thing yourself for nothing more than the cost of mesh and a dremel if you don't have one.
It's not the picture I completely screwed up cutting there, LOL. Not sure wtf I was thinking but I failed to follow the lines on the grill. In reality you dont notice it unless you are really close up like the pic.

I could have bought the mesh for about 70 and saved a few bucks but for another 20 it came powder coated black and pre bent which is worth it to me.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
It's not the picture I completely screwed up cutting there, LOL. Not sure wtf I was thinking but I failed to follow the lines on the grill. In reality you dont notice it unless you are really close up like the pic.

I could have bought the mesh for about 70 and saved a few bucks but for another 20 it came powder coated black and pre bent which is worth it to me.
Ahhh, I see. I feel like it would be less noticeable if you painted the top of your intercooler black

OP
OP
imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ahhh, I see. I feel like it would be less noticeable if you painted the top of your intercooler black
Honestly, I'm not to worried about it. I'm happy with the grill and under normal circumstances you don't really see it.

Sponsored

Reaper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP
Looks good to me. This is the kit from customcargrills.com?

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the insert kit from custom car grills in the same honey comb pattern. Used my stock grills and cut the honey combs off the back. Turned out awesome. Assuming op got the kit from the same place as their pre cut insert kits are $90. Would definitely recommend

OP
OP
imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I bought the insert kit from custom car grills in the same honey comb pattern. Used my stock grills and cut the honey combs off the back. Turned out awesome. Assuming op got the kit from the same place as their pre cut insert kits are $90. Would definitely recommend
I did the same. Having them pre-cut and shaped (mostly) is key. I've worked with expanded steel before, and it's hell on your hands. All that shaping would have sucked, royally.

JR

GuardArmour

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Sixxer
Very nice! Custom car grilles is where I got my mesh super easy to install once you cut out the oem plastic

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah them being pre bent is awesome. I installed mine just like they did in the video. Used zip ties to hold the mesh down while I applied the adhesive one side at a time. Time consuming, but the front of the car looks killer afterwards.

4615B45E-2182-4536-A865-A87117F7D51D.jpeg

One thing I did notice, which took a while to set in, was that I think I prefer a horse emblem in the middle of the grill. I put a coyote howler badge on mine and while it looks good, I think I prefer a running horse emblem there. But I canā€™t find one that will actually work with the grill. The howler emblem I have has posts on it and nuts that secure it through the grill. Iā€™ve yet to come across a pony emblem with a similar set up...

Reaper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP
That looks great! Just ordered my set today.
Sponsored