rtr lower grill w/50 yr upper grill

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm going to have an aftermarket ic installed and so I'm thinking while the front bumper is off, I would have the lower grill swapped out. I LOVE the 50 yr upper grill so no need to say "swap both, get rid of the chrome, blah blah blah" but I don't like the lower grill. Lower grill just looks blah. The RTR lower grill looks the best as far as matching the honeycomb design of the 50yr grill But it has the 2 vertical bars towards the sides. Do you think that would look bad with an upper grill that does not have them? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
image.jpeg
Sponsored

CaseyJr.

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.circlecdesigns.com
First Name
CJ
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic GT Premium PP Manual
A lot of S197 lower grilles have the bars on bottom but not on top and it looks fine.

OP
OP
murphy

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
A lot of S197 lower grilles have the bars on bottom but not on top and it looks fine.
I never really paid attention to the Mustang until the S550 so I appreciated the tip.

OP
OP
murphy

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This came in today. Actually looks pretty good in matching the upper 50 yr grill when held up to the car. Definitely better than the stock lower grill. And I found out my ic came in today and is sitting at the shop so I hope to get them both installed next week.
image.jpg

Sponsored

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Nice! Subbing for pictures :)