Sponsored

Corsa Sport catback or Corsa Xtreme catback?

Andr3w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium PP
I have catted American Racing Headers with a Gibson catback currently. I really don't like the sound of the Gibson now since I've installed the headers. I've been going back and forward with deciding between the Sport or Xtreme. I live in an apartment complex but I don't leave that early in the morning so cold starts wouldn't be that much of an issue. I've watched hours of videos and I still can't decide. It is my daily driver.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm gonna be the only one to tell you this........
Forget the Extreme, it's just over the top. With your headers I'm guessing the sport would be a better option. The Extreme was really loud on cold starts and just too much. Probably more so if you drive it every day.

OP
OP
Andr3w

Andr3w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
I'm gonna be the only one to tell you this........
Forget the Extreme, it's just over the top. With your headers I'm guessing the sport would be a better option. The Extreme was really loud on cold starts and just too much. Probably more so if you drive it every day.
Yeah. I do drive it everyday. I just don't want to get the Corsa Sports and want to be louder. I mean the Xtreme sounds crazy! I just feel like with the Xtreme if I drive it quiet it will be quiet and if I want it loud it can be loud kinda thing.

BadMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My $.02 is go with the extremes. The only part that bugs me (only a little) is cold starts. I don't have any neighbors so it's not a big deal but it's loud really loud; otherwise it's only loud when I want it to be. Cruising is fine which was my biggest concern. It will wake the dead at WOT though (exactly the way it should be!). Worst case scenario you can just add bullet resonators pretty cheaply.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I think with catted headers you will be fine with the extremes. If not, you can always find someone with a sport catback who will trade mufflers.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the extreme is pretty loud, i would go with the sport with the headers, unless you want to be on kill

i personally don't mind kill, but most don't

hit us up, we'll get you dialed in

thanks
beef
513-478-1965

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sport with headers.

OP
OP
Andr3w

Andr3w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Ok so I'm like 60% Sport and 40% Xtremes. I just don't want to get the Sport and it not be loud enough and or get the Xtreme and them be too loud etc.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Ok so I'm like 60% Sport and 40% Xtremes. I just don't want to get the Sport and it not be loud enough and or get the Xtreme and them be too loud etc.
i think you'll be pleased with the sports, the aftermarket cats def don't quiet down like the oems do

worst case you sell the sports and get extremes, but i think you'll be real happy with the sports.

beef
513-478-1965
www.teambeefcakeracing.com

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Yea actually I amend my previous statement, I think the extremes will be too loud and the sport will sound great. This is after taking my car out to get lunch

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I vote sport catback. I ran the sport catback with the factory manifolds and cats and it was a little on the quiet side for my liking but I purchased the sport catback knowing I was going to put headers on the car. I installed SP headers without cats first and I didn't care for the smell and raspiness/tinny sound of the exhaust. I purchased and installed the SW high flow cats and I think the exhaust note is perfect now.

This setup is as close to a dual mode exhaust as you can get I believe. It is not audible when cruising, deep and mellow under light throttle then rips your face off WOT!

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
the extreme is pretty loud, i would go with the sport with the headers, unless you want to be on kill

i personally don't mind kill, but most don't

hit us up, we'll get you dialed in

thanks
beef
513-478-1965
Is Extreme louder than no muffers?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Plan on ever doing headers or de-cat, go Corsa sport catback, it maintains nice tone. Extreme is way to much with headers, it just noisy and sounds shit.

Just doing catback, Extreme all the way! :)
Sponsored