Sponsored

Cooling fan noise

OrangeFury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium
Happen to come across this post while looking for "rattle" threads. I'm a new 2018 owner and I've noticed that a few times now, after getting out of my car there are fans running FULL BLAST under the hood somewhere after I've shut off my engine. Bottom line... is this normal? I've had many cars over my lifetime and never have I had a car do this. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is not the same topic being discussed here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TexasRebel

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
If it's doing it brand new take it in under warranty.

It's not normal.

I got my car back yesterday and it seems to be back to normal. Won't use the A/C for a couple of months yet though.

OrangeFury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium
If it's doing it brand new take it in under warranty.

It's not normal.

I got my car back yesterday and it seems to be back to normal. Won't use the A/C for a couple of months yet though.
Thanks, will definitely have them check it out. Hopefully I can get a vid of it. Thought it might have been normal until now. Hope you have gotten your car squared away.

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
Thanks, will definitely have them check it out. Hopefully I can get a vid of it. Thought it might have been normal until now. Hope you have gotten your car squared away.
I just took delivery tonight and mine was quiet as I pulled into the garage, and then I got out and closed the door and the fans turned on and blasted for 1-2 minutes at high speed. Is this your experience?

Let me know what the dealer says.

OrangeFury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium
I just took delivery tonight and mine was quiet as I pulled into the garage, and then I got out and closed the door and the fans turned on and blasted for 1-2 minutes at high speed. Is this your experience?

Let me know what the dealer says.
Exactly the same deal... thanks for letting me know how long the fans ran. I always took note of them running and just went inside thinking it was normal. Will definitely report back once I get her into the dealer.

Sponsored

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
Exactly the same deal... thanks for letting me know how long the fans ran. I always took note of them running and just went inside thinking it was normal. Will definitely report back once I get her into the dealer.
I am going to be pretty peeved if this is a problem that requires correction, I hope it’s just a new car being really hot or engineering decided it needs a fan off after driving for the first few hundred miles.

OP
OP
TexasRebel

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
That almost sounds designed.

Mine was completely different.
The low side of the A/C was freezing up because of a leak and the pressure was spiking. Once that happened the cooling fans ran on high constantly... I could hear them in the cabin and on the outside it sounded like I'd swapped in a turbine.

OrangeFury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium
I went in to have it checked out and the service manager spoke to his field service tech who works for Ford. He was advised that this is normal and that the tech HAD heard of cars doing this... fans continue to run when engine gets to certain temp, period. Glad it's not an issue.
Sponsored