Cool Vid on the 2018 Mustang Digital Dash

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
I have a Digital HUD connectected to the OSB port. Used it for the last two years. Works OK, except it is off from the Digital Cruise Control Speed by 2 MPH. Also can't see it in the Daytime with Polarized Sun Glasses.

Can barely see the Analog Needles. Even if I could, they aren't accurate, due to the Parallax Error, because they are pointed straight back, and not Canted towards your face.

Driven several thousand miles now with the 350 Digital Speed Display. Minus the software problems, it's everything I was hoping for. Never washes out and can see it with Polarized Sun Glasses. Expensive, but probably the most Value of any Mod I've installed.

Only thing that could improve on this is adding Adaptive Cruise Control. All the Highway Driving I do, it would reduce fatigue on long trips. Still working on that.
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I think the digital dash itself looks good, but I'm not a fan of the open circular bezels. It just looks like something is missing.
I agree. The digital dash is nice, but the way they shaped it looks odd. They should have went for a plain oval shape. It almost looks like they modified the current analog gauges to create it.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
This is a good thing. Now I can upgrade my 16 dash easier.

Sponsored

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
Saw it in person on Saturday on pre-production engineering car. Got to sit in it...great Recaro seats that fit even me...and toggled through the dash screens, trying each one with the engine running. I really like it. They still have the MyColor for the dash and now it also works on the ambient interior lighting system...which is pretty cool too.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Ok - that's pretty bad :doh: But I do think the new Ford digital display is significantly better.

I still wish they'd include a digital speedometer between the 2 analog gauges - like this:

case-for-Volkswagen-2011-2014-font-b-VW-b-font-font-b-POLO-b-font-film.jpg
My WRX has that. It even has a calculated gear for manual transmission. It's based on the rpm and speed.
Personally I think the center screen of the S550 is under utilized.

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
You know, I like it - and I like that there are multiple arrangements, BUT . . I don't think I'd pay extra for it.

In fact, if my 2015 had one SLIGHT difference, I'd be content.

Show me what gear the automatic transmission is currently in. Leave the "current gear" number lit at all times. Is that too much to ask?

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
You know, I like it - and I like that there are multiple arrangements, BUT . . I don't think I'd pay extra for it.

In fact, if my 2015 had one SLIGHT difference, I'd be content.

Show me what gear the automatic transmission is currently in. Leave the "current gear" number lit at all times. Is that too much to ask?
Well, if you have the Paddle Shifters, it does show you the gear in the Info Display, but it goes away when you revert to normal operation.

Last edited:

DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
Cool technology but once again Ford is behind its competitors in this area. The younger generation is sure to like the gadgetry in this new Mustang, but myself and the purists I believe are still going to opt in favor of the older analog gauges. Maybe it takes some getting used to, but I rely on my rpm indicator moving in a clockwise motion, not in a linear one. Just personal preference I suppose. I agree that a HUD would have been a great idea. I would have preferred analog gauges with a higher tech heads up display, a la Need for Speed Mustang

37361513520_aeae71d331_c.jpg

Sponsored

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
Cool technology but once again Ford is behind its competitors in this area. The younger generation is sure to like the gadgetry in this new Mustang, but myself and the purists I believe are still going to opt in favor of the older analog gauges. Maybe it takes some getting used to, but I rely on my rpm indicator moving in a clockwise motion, not in a linear one. Just personal preference I suppose. I agree that a HUD would have been a great idea. I would have preferred analog gauges with a higher tech heads up display, a la Need for Speed Mus

37361513520_aeae71d331_c.jpg

A standard and traditional 2 gauge layout of tachometer and speedometer is one of the optional screens that can be selected.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I think the digital dash itself looks good, but I'm not a fan of the open circular bezels. It just looks like something is missing.
^^^^ This ^^^^^

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
^^^^ This ^^^^^
My gut tells me that this was a cost savings move (same bezel likely on both dashes). With that said, I think the twin cutouts on the digital dash will look just fine when setup in the standard twin dial configuration. Track mode might look a bit odd, though.

King_V

2015 Mustang GT Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais, 1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2016 Toyota Prius Two Eco
Well, if you have the Paddle Shifters, it does show you the gear in the Info Display, but it goes away when you revert to normal operation.
True - and I'll admit, that's my gripe. I want it to stay up there when I'm in normal mode, and even if I don't use the paddle shifters.
Sponsored