Sponsored

Cool Convertible Wind Restrictor/Deflector getting released for 15/16 Mustang, YAY!

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
I found that deflector and the acrylic one, thanks. No, the video above is a different type that was cloth and slid over the headrests. Obviously it has some disadvantages, but it did fold up into a compact bag. That was the o e I was trying to locate.
Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
I found that deflector and the acrylic one, thanks. No, the video above is a different type that was cloth and slid over the headrests. Obviously it has some disadvantages, but it did fold up into a compact bag. That was the o e I was trying to locate.
Yes, the Youtube video for that 'slide over the head rest version' is still around, but I looked for this high and low a year ago and it was nowhere to be found so I assume the company went out of business.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I believe the company is out of business but the point was to demonstrate what a wind deflector does acrylic or mesh. It is a matter of preference and both have pros and cons. Until someone comes up with something else it is and A or B choice.

NowInSixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black,Sixth Gen, GT, Bad Arse
Let's say "A" and "B" aren't always what they seem. Some of the mesh and acrylic are cheap knock offs of others. Check around first.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Let's say "A" and "B" aren't always what they seem. Some of the mesh and acrylic are cheap knock offs of others. Check around first.
Have you found a mesh WS for the 15-16 Mustang made by other than Lovethedrive? I'd be curious of what a second choice might look like, but have not found one.

Sponsored

mhagerty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Wind Restrictor is a great company. I have several of their deflectors for my Sky Roadster. Quality is excellent and they great to work with
1463423643.Windrestrictor.jpg

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Yes the market choices are slim here. "Cheap knock offs" sorry, we don't even get that option. Both A and B are quality products with their pros and cons. I've made my choice. I forgot there is always C option - don't buy one, no one is twisting anyone's arm here. Just reporting my experiences with both types which counts more than anyone who have never owned either one.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
any word on the rumoured Ford OEM version? these seem... expensive... guess it's a small market?

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Luv the OEM looks hope it comes available
Have you seen any pics of an OEM mesh windscreen that you can point us too? I assumed it was rumored, but no actual product or prototype photos released. I'd love to see how it looks and mounts. But then, Ford is not likely to make a separate shorter 'lightbar' version, now that I think about it.

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
There's one on page 1 posted by Ericc B from a EU show...

Though come to think of it... mesh is not solid... so how do these reduce wind?!

I'd jump on the acrylic ones with the 50th logo in a heartbeat though if they didn't clip on to the headrests... my seats aren't aligned so that's an issue for me - they do look sooo dapper though...

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Ford showed their prototype at their official stand at the Essen Motorshow last December:

Anyone seen or heard rumors of Ford releasing a windscreen like this supposed Ford prototype? (quote from post #7 on this thread) Has Ford ever made & sold a windscreen for convertibles? If so, did they make a second version for light bar application! ;)

With the rear conforming to the rear seat cut outs, this looks mysteriously like the European ChromDesign/ Windschott version, except that the hinge assy. is different. So maybe it is a Ford prototype??
https://www.chromdesign.de/en/windblocker-/ford/

If there is any chance Ford has a windscreen in the works for the 2015+, I'd gladly hang on with my 'other vert' modified W'screen until available.

Last edited:

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I just heard back from the German company. They do not make a 'light bar' version. Hopefully some knows if Ford ever made & sold OEM windscreen's historically for their convertibles.
Sponsored