Sponsored

Cool Convertible Wind Restrictor/Deflector getting released for 15/16 Mustang, YAY!

onosqv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
QV
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang
EDIT: Mine came in! Pics here: http://mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1119710#post1119710
I've been requesting that they make one since I got my vert back during summer (they only had deflectors for older mustangs). I signed up for a waiting list in December when they announced they were going to make it and received an email on Friday. I would have posted here sooner, but I've been out autocrossing all weekend.

Stephen from Windrestrictor.com contacted me to let me know there was a pre-sale (ends tomorrow) & sent me pictures of it mocked up on a convertible - comes with free engraving, too! You'd have to email or call them to place the order because it's not on the web site yet.

I'll be sure to post some installed pics once mine arrives. The nice lady over the phone told me the ETA is something like several weeks.

*edit: oh, Stephen told me that the mustang logo shown the pics he sent me are official Ford licensed, if that matters to anyone.
vert-1.jpg
vert-2.jpg
vert-3.jpg
vert-4.jpg
vert-5.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
onosqv

onosqv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
QV
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang
My guess is probably mid 300's - 400 based on the pricing of the other models on the site for the standard one. You'll want to email/call them directly. PM'd you Stephen's email.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Isn't Ford coming out with an oem version this spring/summer?

OP
OP
onosqv

onosqv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
QV
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang
When I was searching, only ones I found were the LoveTheDrive one & this one. Do you have any pics/links of the Ford one? That would be interesting to see how it mounts up on their setup.

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Cool Convertible Wind Restrictor/Deflector getting released for 15/16 Mustang...

Can't find it now because of stupid phone - but [MENTION=7100]Ericc B[/MENTION] posted some photos from a car show in the Netherlands I believe... Probably in the EU section... (Can't even properly tag him :()

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Ford showed their prototype at their official stand at the Essen Motorshow last December:

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I had a mesh wind deflector on my 04 Mustang but after a year of California sunshine the mesh deteriorated. The vendor was kind enough to send me a replacement free of charge but by the time I traded the 04 for the 11 vert, it was almost needing to be replaced again. I made a custom one out of acrylic which after 4 years is still in great shape. Unfortunately, it does not work with the 15 seats so I decided to go with the WindRestrictor. Acrylic wind deflectors block even more airflow and are totally transparent. The lighting is a plus!

NowInSixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black,Sixth Gen, GT, Bad Arse
Long time lurker here. Been waiting for this. Met Steve at Vegas (50th). This kid they had with them slapped one on my 2009 in no time. Was a lot of fun. I think it'll be the perfect compliment to the 6th. A friend of mine picked up one of the mesh ones and was completely jealous. LOL

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
A must have for any vert.

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
I have a lovethedrive wind deflector on my car. It was from my 2013, and I adapted it to the 2016 with some creative adjustment to my existing brackets. I just don't wanna spend nearly $500 on a new one, when I know it's going to be hard as hell to sell my old one. If mine got damaged or something though, I'd buy a new one in a heartbeat.

https://www.lovethedrive.com/catalo...ghtbar___Roush___MMD_Lightbar_2015_to_2016/57

NowInSixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black,Sixth Gen, GT, Bad Arse
But don't the WindRestrictor acrylic ones come with a lifetime warranty? Never had to replace mine, but that's what I was told. Just checked it says it on the website too. Also, those are $435 for mesh. That's not way off $500 for lit up with the official logo. No brainer.

ConqSoft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium Vert, '16 428xi M Sport Vert
I was on the Windrestrictor list as well, but was sad to see it doesn't mount behind the rear seats like the previous versions. I don't think I would like it mounted to the front seats, so I passed on pre-ordering.

Presale pricing for one etched logo and single-color light was $289. I had asked about the unlit version, with a single logo, and was quoted $259 delivered.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I'd like more info on mounting and such. Also I would like some airflow. Wonder how much airflow the solid acrylic actually blocks.

Anyone have any feedback with having a dog (30lb) that likes the backseat and a wind deflector?