Sponsored

Cool Convertible Wind Restrictor/Deflector getting released for 15/16 Mustang, YAY!

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
LOL! Rich, do all your female passengers wear ballcaps? I have 3 daughters and a wife and without a wind defelctor, their hair is all over the place. There are more than a couple you tubes showing this but it is pretty dramatic. For me alone, sure I don't need one (unless it is less than 40 degrees outside). It is more for my passengers (mostly female).
No, but no-ones hair blows while we ride. I only wear the ball cap when the sun is facing me. That's what I don't get. Maybe I have an special model and didn't know it. Now in the back seat I'm sure it's different, but so far no-one wants to ride in that small space...which would seem smaller with a plastic wall in front of it.

However, as I said, I do put the windows up while driving on the freeway. And that's all it takes. Even in my Solstice I took out the WR. I didn't think it made much difference, but others were convinced. For me the Emperor was naked. lol.

But, if you see a need and this fixes it...go for it. :headband:

On second thought: You probably get more wind in SD most of the year, than we do in the IE. So I understand if you are trying to create a glass bowl around your ladies. They can be very sensitive about riding in the vert because of that. Good luck!
Sponsored

Last edited:

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Well not so much the wind but we drive pretty fast here to begin with :headbang: Yes, it is ALL about the ladies comfort :cheers: I think the Emperor is not all that naked (she's wearing a short dress) as shown in this video and this is a mesh type - [ame]. BIG DIFFERENCE. I like the clear acrylic because of greater blocking and transparency. I am good with a logo but the one on mine is ridiculously large. If it did it again, I would say just skip it since I don't car about illumination. Maybe when I tint it it won't be that "in your face".

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Well not so much the wind but we drive pretty fast here to begin with :headbang: Yes, it is ALL about the ladies comfort :cheers: I think the Emperor is not all that naked (she's wearing a short dress) as shown in this video and this is a mesh type - . BIG DIFFERENCE. I like the clear acrylic because of greater blocking and transparency. I am good with a logo but the one on mine is ridiculously large. If it did it again, I would say just skip it since I don't car about illumination. Maybe when I tint it it won't be that "in your face".
Say "YES" to the dress.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Thinking about the acrylic type

Doesn't look that hard to make one. My buddies wife is very artistic. I think she could do a really nice graphic for me. As for it being lit, I would pass on that anyway. And I would think making it so it could hang in the hooks behind the headrests would be a good option. Then, when not in use, pull it off and drop it behind the seats of put in the trunk.

Anyway ordering mine on Monday coming. I am sure I will have a few design thoughts between now and delivery

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
LOL! I am toying with picking up on my original plan. Bought the mounts and would still need to finalize the design before sending out for fabrication. Unfortunately, the mounts are no longer produced but the attaching plates are still around. I picked up a pair of the mounts and was thinking of going with a thinner lexan panel with a waterfall. Will send it out for a quote after I finish designing it but, expect it will still run about $300 because of the material and labor cost to bend to the shape I want. The hoods are not very sturdy and would not work unless you used 1/8" lexan and that might not be ridged enough. I'm looking at 3/16" for my possible design.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
LOL! I am toying with picking up on my original plan. Bought the mounts and would still need to finalize the design before sending out for fabrication. Unfortunately, the mounts are no longer produced but the attaching plates are still around. I picked up a pair of the mounts and was thinking of going with a thinner lexan panel with a waterfall. Will send it out for a quote after I finish designing it but, expect it will still run about $300 because of the material and labor cost to bend to the shape I want. The hoods are not very sturdy and would not work unless you used 1/8" lexan and that might not be ridged enough. I'm looking at 3/16" for my possible design.
$300 isn't bad for something you want rather than settle for. Looking forward to seeing your finished product if you go ahead with it

Any chance of measuring up your new lexan deflector for me? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanx

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
The problem is the mounts are no longer produced, I bought a couple but would not be worth it for production. The $300 is just for the lexan. I have to make sure the holes are all in the right spots which is not as easy as you might think and mistakes are costly.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
I had a mesh wind deflector on my 04 Mustang but after a year of California sunshine the mesh deteriorated. The vendor was kind enough to send me a replacement free of charge but by the time I traded the 04 for the 11 vert, it was almost needing to be replaced again.
Your mesh deteriorating really surprises me. Do you recall the brand/manufacturer? Anyone else ever have that issue with a mesh windscreen?

I bought a mesh windscreen for my 2000 Sebring around 2002. I used it until I sold it when I got the Mustang last year. Not wanting to spend $450+ for a new mesh one for my Mustang, I have adapted the Sebring one. After 14 years the mesh shows no signs of wear, other than maybe not being quite as dark a black. The only down side is that due to my DIY mounting, I lost the ability to fold it up/down at will. But it is very easy to remove and throw in my trunk. Having the CDC light bar, I do not mind the framed look. ;)

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I just got a Lovetodrive version and was pleasantly surprised to see it set up just like a window screen. Super easy to replace the screen if needed.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
happy enough with my "love the drive" deflector... :-)
I will probably bite the bullet at some point from using my older adapted (Sebring) windscreen for the Love the drive Lightbar compatible version at some point. Currently, the rear portion lays over the back of the rear head rests and is almost as tall as the light bar, so mostly covers it.

I much prefer a mesh screen to the plastic for it's blocking the rear seat space wind too, it's ease of removal and it's looks. YMMV

Does your have the (too) noticable logo on the lower right? I guess one could black it out. Are you still using your pre 2015 screen?

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I just got a Lovetodrive version and was pleasantly surprised to see it set up just like a window screen. Super easy to replace the screen if needed.
How do you like it when driving?

I've been toying around with the idea for a while... on those 60 degree days, I often wish I had a screen to remove the wind. Not so cold but the wind makes it a bit chilly for me.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
How do you like it when driving?

I've been toying around with the idea for a while... on those 60 degree days, I often wish I had a screen to remove the wind. Not so cold but the wind makes it a bit chilly for me.
This windscreen makes it more comfortable to drive top down in cooler weather. I drive with the top down as much as I can. So even if it's 60Âş out and not overly windy, I feel comfortable w/ top down and maybe the heat on as required. The point being that the heat mostly stays in the front of the cabin. Likewise for much lower wind and ambient noise. You can hear the radio clearer and conversations w/ your passenger are clearer.

For me personally, a windscreen adds a lot and is a worth while investment.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I've only had mine for a few days. But it seems to be like Dave says. I noticed the biggest benefits seem to be above thirty five, forty miles an hour. Ran through the mountains with fog yesterday morning with nothing but the seat warmers on low and a t-shirt. Couldn't do that before without being chilled.

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I can't find anything at www.WindBlockerSE.com. Where did you find this windscreen?
That company with the mesh model that fit over the headrests must have went out of business a few years ago. That website has come up blank for years. The mesh windscreen we are speaking of and I am pretty sure the only company that makes mesh windscreens is Lovethedrive brand.

https://www.lovethedrive.com/
Sponsored