Sponsored

Cool Convertible Wind Restrictor/Deflector getting released for 15/16 Mustang, YAY!

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Thanks for emailing them.

Unfortunately their reply did not convince me......even though their video/picture are eye catching for sure!

What does it means "we don't have clear photos" ???

If I was a manufacturer with such a brand new hot product, I would wake up evan at the middle of the night to take crystal clear photos and video and distribute to all forums.
Did I miss a post of yours where they answered some of your questions? Their pictures (along with most pictures taken by dealerships these days) look like they were taken with this camera!
v88LSut.jpg
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Got it, thanks. Their updated pictures show the mounting, clearly mounts to the posts on the headrest. Not clear if it pulls on them or anything when driving and you have to have them higher. Obviously you could not fold down the seats while it is in place, but you could still sit in the back seat while it is in place. I wonder if it would reduce turbulence for the riders in the back seat as well, it should but they would still get some wind obviously (and have the acrylic wind screen in their view). Since my kids are still pretty young I could just lift them over the side, though will not be that way for too long. Since I drive solo most of the time, it would probably not be too much of an issue.

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
Ford showed their prototype at their official stand at the Essen Motorshow last December:

Thanks for posting. I would much rather have this one because it looks much easier to remove. The one that installs on the seats would limit my ability to recline each seat independently, requiring me to have one that is easily removable.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Whatever works best for you should determine your choice. Here are some points based on my experience with both types. The mesh is easier to remove an reinstall but the mesh will degrade with exposure. Also not in love with a black metal frame and the back seat is hard to access. With the acrylic, you can still use the back seat for whatever you want but, the trade off is the front seats need to be in approximately the same position all the time (driver's comfort). You can have passengers in the back of an acrylic wind deflector car but, you have to lower the backs with both seats forward at the same time. It is brutal as a passenger in the back seat because the wind is redirect and my niece's hair was basically straight up LOL! The upside is the acrylic blocks more airflow, is totally transparent, and holds up after years of constant use. The price point on the Love to Drive and my experience with acrylics sealed this deal for me. If you want to see how it is installed they have a youtube for the 2005-2009 which uses a similar set up. Finally, how many of us ever have passengers in the back seat of our Mustang?
DSCN3661.JPG

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Whatever works best for you should determine your choice. Here are some points based on my experience with both types. The mesh is easier to remove an reinstall but the mesh will degrade with exposure. Also not in love with a black metal frame and the back seat is hard to access. With the acrylic, you can still use the back seat for whatever you want but, the trade off is the front seats need to be in approximately the same position all the time (driver's comfort). You can have passengers in the back of an acrylic wind deflector car but, you have to lower the backs with both seats forward at the same time. It is brutal as a passenger in the back seat because the wind is redirect and my niece's hair was basically straight up LOL! The upside is the acrylic blocks more airflow, is totally transparent, and holds up after years of constant use. The price point on the Love to Drive and my experience with acrylics sealed this deal for me. If you want to see how it is installed they have a youtube for the 2005-2009 which uses a similar set up. Finally, how many of us ever have passengers in the back seat of our Mustang?
Good info, thanks! I am considering this option more and more...

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I will say having either is a huge improvement. Since I bought my '15, I have not had one and I really miss it. Used to drive to work with the top down and it would be 40 degrees out and still comfortable (windows down).

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I will say having either is a huge improvement. Since I bought my '15, I have not had one and I really miss it. Used to drive to work with the top down and it would be 40 degrees out and still comfortable (windows down).
That is what I am looking forward to! That wind blow-back is brutal in cold weather. Wonder if this has something to keep the wind from blowing through the seats, it is not clear from the pictures if there is something to cover that area as well.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
They would hate the acrylic one, plenty of space the the air is like giant wind machine LOL! I normally just have the girl in the passenger seat LOL!

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Me, 95% of the time :D
Seriously man, one guy can only have so many girls at once... :)

Back to seriousness, my kids ride in the back seat all the time during the summer, but most of my cars miles are to and from work where it is just me.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
cbrookre, the Wind Restrictor does not have the "waterfall" between the seats. I know there will be lot of airflow there and I will have to figure either a mesh or an add on acrylic piece to extend it. Originally I was thinking of having another One-of made but there is a lot that can go wrong with the design and mounting and at $300+ a pop, not something I want to deal with. The '05-'11 one I had made worked because it was supported between the back of the seat, headrest and strapped around the headrest posts. Worked great but the new seats and headrest are completely different and this was the best option out there. The mesh wind deflectors have and advantage of partially blocking the flow into the back seats which can tunnel through between the front seats.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Seriously man, one guy can only have so many girls at once... :)

Back to seriousness, my kids ride in the back seat all the time during the summer, but most of my cars miles are to and from work where it is just me.
Hahaha, that's where our little G rides, and we mostly use the GT when were out and about together (the whole family, all three of us :)), I work out of the house, so it sits in the garage otherwise.

Tomorrow I do have a biz meeting up at a local coffee house, it's about 4 miles aways :D

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
cbrookre, the Wind Restrictor does not have the "waterfall" between the seats. I know there will be lot of airflow there and I will have to figure either a mesh or an add on acrylic piece to extend it. Originally I was thinking of having another One-of made but there is a lot that can go wrong with the design and mounting and at $300+ a pop, not something I want to deal with. The '05-'11 one I had made worked because it was supported between the back of the seat, headrest and strapped around the headrest posts. Worked great but the new seats and headrest are completely different and this was the best option out there. The mesh wind deflectors have and advantage of partially blocking the flow into the back seats which can tunnel through between the front seats.
Yeah, I guess you are right, you can see it in their video at the 10sec mark and in the first picture on the website. Bummer, will have to see how bad that wind between the seats is.

Any one know how long was the "special" price that was quoted, and was that with lights or just engraved?
restrictor.jpg

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Yeah, I guess you are right, you can see it in their video at the 10sec mark and in the first picture on the website. Bummer, will have to see how bad that wind between the seats is.

Any one know how long was the "special" price that was quoted, and was that with lights or just engraved?
When I placed my order late Monday (2/1/16) afternoon she told me there were only a couple of offers left and I got in just under the wire. I think they were trying to get a minimum quota filled before they started production, so it may not be timed based.
Sponsored