Sponsored

Cool Convertible Wind Restrictor/Deflector getting released for 15/16 Mustang, YAY!

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Ordered mine in the last few minutes of the sale! They even discounted the optional controller module and free shipping. My first mod (besides the Beltronics hardwired radar detector).
Sponsored

ConqSoft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium Vert, '16 428xi M Sport Vert
Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing detailed pics of how exactly it attaches and swivels to allow the seats to be leaned forward individually. Stephen assured me it was a solid setup but I want to see it in action before committing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing detailed pics of how exactly it attaches and swivels to allow the seats to be leaned forward individually. Stephen assured me it was a solid setup but I want to see it in action before committing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, this is interesting but not order ready until more info is released. Need to see what it takes to install and attach and how it limits use.

NowInSixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black,Sixth Gen, GT, Bad Arse
Conned the wife. LOL Think I'm gonna do it before presale ends tonight. Asked about the install and they said on the front headrest poles. Like the model I had. I'm not supermechanical, but I don't think it will be much.

Now I have to go to a musical. This better be worth it! LOL

OP
OP
onosqv

onosqv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
QV
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang
Conned the wife. LOL Think I'm gonna do it before presale ends tonight. Asked about the install and they said on the front headrest poles. Like the model I had. I'm not supermechanical, but I don't think it will be much.

Now I have to go to a musical. This better be worth it! LOL
What musical is it? And what would you have to do for a set of new wheels? haha.

Sponsored

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
Its very much needed too. My daughter sits behind me and she usually sits forward (reading). She has long hair and the wind from behind slaps her hair into my face lol.

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Couple of questions for those of you that have used similar things. The pictures are very dark that would show how it mounts and such.

How quick/easy to install/uninstall this?
Does it work with the top up (have to remove to put the top up?) - Edit: After looking at the website, yes, does not need to be removed
Do the front seats have to be fully even with each other to have it work?
Does it pull or push on the seats due to the wind blowing against it (and it being solid acrylic)? - Edit: Does not appear to in the videos. Does it in real life?
Does the etched logo block the view from the rear view mirror? Does the lit logo serve as a distraction when driving and block the rear view? Is it 50 state legal to have it lit while driving? - Edit: according to the website it does not hinder rear view, but with the etching and lighting, I cannot imagine that it does not. Any past experience?
Does it dig into/damage the seats or is it well padded where it meets the seats?
Will it fit in the trunk when not in use?

Thanks in advance for any/all answers!

Last edited:

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple of questions for those of you that have used similar things. The pictures are very dark that would show how it mounts and such.

How quick/easy to install/uninstall this?
Does it work with the top up (have to remove to put the top up?)
Do the front seats have to be fully even with each other to have it work?
Does it pull or push on the seats due to the wind blowing against it (and it being solid acrylic)?
Does the etched logo block the view from the rear view mirror? Does the lit logo serve as a distraction when driving and block the rear view? Is it 50 state legal to have it lit while driving?
Does it dig into/damage the seats or is it well padded where it meets the seats?
Will it fit in the trunk when not in use?

Thanks in advance for any/all answers!
+1

I believe that only the factory can answer these questions at this time.
Is there any representative around the forum?

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
+1

I believe that only the factory can answer these questions at this time.
Is there any representative around the forum?
I submitted basically this same list to them, and will update once they respond. Also suggested that they should consider having a representative join the forum, the ROI would be positive.

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for emailing them.

Unfortunately their reply did not convince me......even though their video/picture are eye catching for sure!

What does it means "we don't have clear photos" ???

If I was a manufacturer with such a brand new hot product, I would wake up evan at the middle of the night to take crystal clear photos and video and distribute to all forums.

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I know they are claiming "no glare", but I'd like to know if that is really true when someone gets one installed. It looks like it is angled slightly down which will certainly help with glare, but then it could possibly reflect the dash lights at night. Hopefully they have done their homework on this issue.
Sponsored