Convertible Windstop

antijam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cabriolet
what's the part number on this? american folks have nothing!
Googling will find a number of non-Ford proprietory windstops for the S550 Stang - here for example.

Some have the advantage that no mods to the car are needed to fit them, but most seem to be taller than the Ford item. I was a bit dubious about the effectiveness of the relatively shallow Ford windstop, but having fitted it I agree with others - it really makes a significant difference at any speed.
Sponsored

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Completely agree with the last two members comments. I had a cheaper non Ford windbreak before getting the proper one after speaking to Mike R. No comparison much better despite being smaller & me being over 6feet tall. Looks better too.

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Googling will find a number of non-Ford proprietory windstops for the S550 Stang - here for example.

Some have the advantage that no mods to the car are needed to fit them, but most seem to be taller than the Ford item. I was a bit dubious about the effectiveness of the relatively shallow Ford windstop, but having fitted it I agree with others - it really makes a significant difference at any speed.
I have a non Ford one now redundant in my garage

Sudaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
I am 6'5" as well and although it does not fit perfectly with my CDC lightbar, it does the job.
With the CDC bar, it sit at a slight backward angle but does not seem to be affecting it doing what is is suppose to do.

I have not drilled the holes yet for the mounts but rather have it sit on top and just used a strap to hold it down. Still one of the things I need to finish off at some point.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
In Canada they are selling the love the drive wind screen not this one.

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
2018 and still no love for us in the US. Has anyone in the US purchased one this OEM version? Going to Florida in November and would love to have this for the trip.
Sponsored