Sponsored

Considering selling my 2019 GT Premium. Private Party Market for stock cars anymore?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I can't speak to pricing, but a 1) original car, 2) well-kept, 3) in Austin should see a at least a fair price and sell quickly. Wouldn't hurt to post a private ad and see the results or shop around to some local dealers.
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I can't speak to pricing, but a 1) original car, 2) well-kept, 3) in Austin should see a at least a fair price and sell quickly. Wouldn't hurt to post a private ad and see the results or shop around to some local dealers.
Yup, can't hurt to put out feelers.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
I prefer unmolested cars myself for go fast parts. At least that way i know if the work was done right and im the only one pushing the car hard past what the manufacturer intended. I always feel bad for the next owner of 99% of the hellcat/scat pack/srt people. Buying a drive line that has likely seen 300,000 miles worth of abuse in 28,000 on the odometer

Cosmetic mods im 100% ok with because im either going to like it and get it for a fraction of the cost of new or not like it and move on as a buyer. Can go either way as a seller.

For me window tint, ppf, nice wheels/tires stuff like that goes miles. Stick on trim can be a huge turn off.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
20230303_180628.jpg

Hi everyone. I'm looking to get into another sports car and considering either trading in or selling private party. Obviously Private Party would be more than trade but with the tax savings, I'm really wondering if people want stock cars anymore. Most of the ads I see here are cars that have been heavily modified. My car is only a weekend driver, always in the garage and on a Noco Genius battery tender.

What's your take? I've already got offers from Vroom, Carvana etc that are over 35K to buy outright. What irks me though is that many of my options aren't even shown on the configurators which I think is affecting my value. Thoughts?

2019 Ford Mustang Premium GT
  • Magnetic Metallic
  • 401A Equipment Group
  • 10 speed Auto
  • Safe & Smart Package
  • Enhanced Security
  • Active Exhaust
  • B&O Sound System
  • GT Performance Pack
  • Magne-Ride Damping

Aftermarket
  • Full hood, bumper, headlights, 12" on roof, side mirrors, front of rear wheels and trunk black piece covered in Suntek PPF and Suntek tint (paid $2100)
  • JLT passenger catch can
  • Ford Rubber Mats and Trunk liner
  • Redline hood struts
What options do you think aren't reflected in the offered price for the car?

Sponsored

OP
OP
slowrey

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
What options do you think aren't reflected in the offered price for the car?
I have yet to see with any of the car values site that reflect magne-ride which I think is pretty important if you want it and it adds value that may not be reflected.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I have yet to see with any of the car values site that reflect magne-ride which I think is pretty important if you want it and it adds value that may not be reflected.
O.k.? Did you go back to them and discuss that?

Did you do a KBB on your car?

OP
OP
slowrey

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Not yet, I already have a local private offer for 40K right now. We'll see where that goes first.

OP
OP
slowrey

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Okay everyone thanks for the input. I had a lot of tire kickers who wanted to buy the car and then gave an offer and then bailed. Fortunately and unfortunately I found the car I wanted so I took a bit of a loss and sold it outright to a dealer tomorrow for 38K. I'll take my 2k lumps and I'll have my next new to me car next weekend.

Now the task of selling the small collection of aftermarket parts

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So, 0.71 of original MSRP. You got off easy. Good luck to that dealer trying to move it for 5 grand more.

Sponsored
OP
OP
slowrey

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
So, 0.71 of original MSRP. You got off easy. Good luck to that dealer trying to move it for 5 grand more.
They'll find a buyer. Cars are going up in price which drives up used car prices.

Gargoyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Wait your car is in the dream performance years 2018 to 2021.
itā€™s a PP1 10 speed auto ā€¦ these are sub 12 second quarter mile cars. This beats the dark donkey and is like the 4 or 5th fastest mustang ever stock (quarter mile). No way I would sell it for that price ā€¦ plus itā€™s stock. I looked forever to find one and purchased it with 13.5 k miles. Same as yours stock ., paid 40k like 3 months ago would do that over again in a heart beatā€¦ Carvana and carmax are giving you that because their going to put it up over 40k. Put it on Auto trader and Cars.com youā€™ll get that or a bit better - easy. Most people donā€™t want modded beat cars.. they want to buy stock then mod and beat them.. lol

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Lots of cars are sitting and rotting on lots - not to mention people who need to finance and don't have fluid cash are holding back on their purchase due to ridiculous used car interest rates...

The "flipping" market isn't what it was 8mos to 1 year ago where people/dealers were paying idiotic prices for used cars then flipping to make even more $$... Take what you can now if getting a decent deal trading it in, but if listed as private party you will be sitting and WAITING for a buyer... which could result in you missing out on the car you're trying to purchase...

What is the "new" car?