Considering Adjustable Kit

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
I am considering an adjustable kit, Steeda vs Koni.

Pic for convo. Ill run it stiff around town and when going to the mountains etc. and turn it to soft for long highway trips.

No i didn't get magna ride so please don't say "get magna ride".

Is there a difference in Steeda adjustables vs Koni? Both work well with about an inch or so lowering springs from what i can tell.
43103008_328690257905812_8261494302526406656_o.jpg
43127963_328691424572362_1165985991962394624_o.jpg
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say Steeda. They're Koni built to Steeda specifications and match up very well with their springs and a variety of others as well.

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
I'd say Steeda. They're Koni built to Steeda specifications and match up very well with their springs and a variety of others as well.
Which springs? Their configurator seems to allow either the progressive or linear sports (1 inch) or the ultimate handling dual stage (0.7 drop) for $40 more. I am leaning towards the dual stages.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
IIRC the steedas are slightly softer on compression, and may have a slightly wider adjustment range for rebound (not that you probably need it, since Konis on full soft are too soft IMHO for stock springs).

If you have stock springs and/or like a soft ride, the Steeda adjustables may pair with stock springs a bit better for comfort. If you like a stiffer shock rate or drive at higher speeds, Im guessing the Konis would pair slightly better due to a slightly stiffer rebound valving.

I dont think anyone has tried both tho (besides Steeda), and it may really come down to if you like yellow or blue accents in your wheel well. They’re pretty similar, and the only meaningful difference may be what little difference in compression there is, because the rebound adjustment range on both should cover most people’s needs.

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
IIRC the steedas are slightly softer on compression, and may have a slightly wider adjustment range for rebound (not that you probably need it, since Konis on full soft are too soft IMHO for stock springs).

If you have stock springs and/or like a soft ride, the Steeda adjustables may pair with stock springs a bit better for comfort. If you like a stiffer shock rate or drive at higher speeds, Im guessing the Konis would pair slightly better due to a slightly stiffer rebound valving.

I dont think anyone has tried both tho (besides Steeda), and it may really come down to if you like yellow or blue accents in your wheel well. They’re pretty similar, and the only meaningful difference may be what little difference in compression there is, because the rebound adjustment range on both should cover most people’s needs.
I will be doing this with a set of lowering springs all at once. No sway bars just yet. it will be a caster/camber, adjustable shock and lowering spring install. Honestly Steeda has so many from the 0.7 drop Dual rate ultimate handling to the 1.0 inch progressive and the 1.0 inch drop linear to the ultra lights that i really have no idea which i should go with.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If you're sticking to streets, I'd recommend going with the either the Sport Linears or the Ultralites. @Roadway 5.0 just did some nice testing across beautiful European roads with his setup and could tell you more about the Ultralites. My setup is inline with what they ended up publishing for their recommended combinations, Ultralites would have been a bit too high of a spring rate for my fixed ProActions.

If you give them a call, they've got a number of people that could talk through the scenarios you see yourself driving in and work from there with some more expertise than my armchairing. The dual rate springs were designed for the road course, but @wildcatgoal runs them daily (iirc) and has no issues.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
You’ll always do right if you go with Steeda. I run fixed ProActions with Ultralite Linears and love them; the ride is refined and the handling is deliciously intense (see pic below for stance).

Full transparancy, I’m making the move to the Steeda Dual Rates soon. The appeal of more rate, a good ride, and a bit more space for the 20” wheels I like is too tempting. I’m going to pair these with my fixed ProActions and have no doubt the ride will be solidly dampened.

Regardless of the spring you choose, selecting the adjustable ProActions is the safest and most flexible bet if you track, daily, and want to soften things up for road trips. The fixed will do you well for a lower cost, but you’ll be riding at approximately 1.5 turns from soft 100% of the time; this is something I like, but may not be for everyone.

Good luck, and enjoy the smiles from stiffening-up this S550 suspension. :thumbsup:

full.png
Sponsored