Sponsored

Considering a new S550 - have you had these problems?

Have you had any or all of these problems? Select all that apply.

• Driveline vibration (usually at highway speed)

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • A/C issues

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Panel/body misalignment issues

Votes: 81 28.1%
  • Other significant issue (more than one repair attempt))

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • No significant issues whatsoever

Votes: 192 66.7%

• Total voters

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I'm new here, so last thing I want is to make a bad first impression. You're absolutely right - I should have just not hit enter and let it go. Just an exceptionally shitty week so a little cranky - my apologies. I appreciate all replies - this forum has been very helpful for research.
No worries Bud!!! We can all be a bit cranky at times. I am today as well, otherwise I could/would/should have not even responded to it. :)

Anyway, this is a great place. Lots of very knowledgable people here.

Welcome. :thumbsup:

But back on topic, my car is great no issues except I keep driving to fast and have to keep putting gas in it. :shrug:

I think your poll will reflect that most are have little to no real issues. :ford:
Sponsored

Reduxalicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT/CS
I had an alignment issue, my trunk was off center, took them a of 15 minutes to fix.

Fenderfreak145

Complaint Listener
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT PP
My SYNC died 3 weeks in but that's not a big deal. Ford took care of it since they knew it was an issue for the 16s.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
22,000 miles and no problems here. I have an automatic with no vibration whatsoever. Little tire noise but that's my fault for not rotating them like I should.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
I have 400 miles on my GT/PP and so far it's been solid. I'm very picky about fit and finish and extremely sensitive to abnormal vibrations and so, overall, I'm pleased with the car (actual handling characteristics aside).

That said, it is not perfect. The paint match between plastic and metal parts is terrible and the panel fitment between said plastic and metals parts is so-so. However, the degree of this is totally normal and expected for a car in this price segment so no, it's not perfect, but it's perfectly fine for a Ford, if that makes sense.

The hood, the doors and the trunk are all aligned quite nicely on my example and I suspect the same is true for most '17s as they've had time to correct their assembly woes.

Sponsored

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
I've been extremely happy with my 2016 GT/PP. With the panel gap issues, I really inspected mine. The hood was very slightly off. I just adjusted it myself. Other then that its been perfect so far.

One thing with special ordering a 2017. Would you consider waiting a couple months to see if you like the 2018 "refresh" Should know by December-January what it's going to look like.
If you don't like it, I'm sure you could get a "deal" on a 2017 as the refreshed 2018's begin hitting the lots.

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
I've been extremely happy with my 2016 GT/PP. With the panel gap issues, I really inspected mine. The hood was very slightly off. I just adjusted it myself. Other then that its been perfect so far.

One thing with special ordering a 2017. Would you consider waiting a couple months to see if you like the 2018 "refresh" Should know by December-January what it's going to look like.
If you don't like it, I'm sure you could get a "deal" on a 2017 as the refreshed 2018's begin hitting the lots.
Wish I could but I'm passing down my '06 GT to my daughter, who will have her license by years end. If she has to take the bus to school the second half of the year it will not be a fun house to be in. She also needs a car to get a job. Plus, I will almost certainly have to order whenever I buy since no dealer seems to have the combo I want in stock (20" Foundry Rims, Auto, Magnetic). I have found also that buying a car at years end usually results in a good price. When I bought my '06, I got the dealers acceptance email on 12/31, after 2 months of email back and forth.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Okay, good luck finding the perfect car for the right price.
www.cargurus.com is a great site to research prices. I used that site to find a car $1000's less then what dealers in my area were selling the same car for.

I've heard great things about Koons Ford in Baltimore.
Autonation Ford might have the exact Mustang you're looking for. Nationwide dealership network.

You've got good taste going with the Magnetic Metallic! It's great color, very very reflective. I've gotten many compliments.

I like the new for 2017 Lightening Blue as well.

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
My trunk is slightly misaligned. Not sure if it's the trunk itself (it looks even when closed) but the latch mechanism is not aligned perfectly with where it closes, so as soon as it pops you can see it jiggle to the side.

I have a slight vibration over 80mph but I am going to see if that is related to having improperly balanced tires. Not sure if this is driveline or not.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
Okay, good luck finding the perfect car for the right price.
www.cargurus.com is a great site to research prices. I used that site to find a car $1000's less then what dealers in my area were selling the same car for.

I've heard great things about Koons Ford in Baltimore.
Autonation Ford might have the exact Mustang you're looking for. Nationwide dealership network.

You've got good taste going with the Magnetic Metallic! It's great color, very very reflective. I've gotten many compliments.

I like the new for 2017 Lightening Blue as well.
Yep, it was between these two colors for me. I was 99% set on Magnetic until I saw a LB/PP with the black wheels in the sunlight - bought it.

Either choice really sets off the car's lines. The LB is vivid while the MM is elegant and sinister at the same time.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, it was between these two colors for me. I was 99% set on Magnetic until I saw a LB/PP with the black wheels in the sunlight - bought it.

....the MM is elegant and sinister at the same time.
That's what I'm going for - weighted toward sinister. :thumbsup:

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Wish I could but I'm passing down my '06 GT to my daughter, who will have her license by years end. If she has to take the bus to school the second half of the year it will not be a fun house to be in. She also needs a car to get a job. Plus, I will almost certainly have to order whenever I buy since no dealer seems to have the combo I want in stock (20" Foundry Rims, Auto, Magnetic). I have found also that buying a car at years end usually results in a good price. When I bought my '06, I got the dealers acceptance email on 12/31, after 2 months of email back and forth.
Don't forget to start request brochures to get the $750 brochure coupon. I've used that on both of my last Mustangs.

Also I had better luck negotiating with Capital Ford in Raleigh vs Crossroads in Cary. I rather user Crossroads for any warranty/service work. I'd give you my salesmans name but unfortunately he moved and no longer works there. Got a damn good deal on my car.

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't forget to start request brochures to get the $750 brochure coupon. I've used that on both of my last Mustangs.

Also I had better luck negotiating with Capital Ford in Raleigh vs Crossroads in Cary. I rather user Crossroads for any warranty/service work. I'd give you my salesmans name but unfortunately he moved and no longer works there. Got a damn good deal on my car.
Didn't know about the brochure - do I just request it online?

Yea, agree about Capital vs Crossroads. Bought my 06 from Capital - Crossroads wouldn't budge. But all my service is done at Crossroads - Chris Skelton is a good guy and a Mustang guy - he's been really helpful over the years.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
2016 CS March build, 1500 miles done
Only issues
My passenger side Pony puddle light has developed an hump
the cooled seats, I have to tell my passengers, "you will feel like you have wet yourself"
other than that, Driving Heaven
Car gets so much attention even from the Big posh cars, had a bloke in a Rolls Royce ask me about her the other day

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Didn't know about the brochure - do I just request it online?

Yea, agree about Capital vs Crossroads. Bought my 06 from Capital - Crossroads wouldn't budge. But all my service is done at Crossroads - Chris Skelton is a good guy and a Mustang guy - he's been really helpful over the years.
Yeah just request a bunch of different brochures. I think you can do 3 at a time per household member name. Doesn't matter who the coupon comes in for since it's the same household.
Sponsored