Sponsored

Considering a new S550 - have you had these problems?

Have you had any or all of these problems? Select all that apply.

• Driveline vibration (usually at highway speed)

Votes: 24 8.3%
  • A/C issues

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Panel/body misalignment issues

Votes: 81 28.1%
  • Other significant issue (more than one repair attempt))

Votes: 16 5.6%
  • No significant issues whatsoever

Votes: 192 66.7%

• Total voters

ccredbaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT premium w/PP
I personally think this thread is a very informative and valuable source of information for someone looking to buy a new Mustang.
I'm an older retired guy and have always been very anal and OCD about my toys. With all that being said, last July I finally found the GT with PP that I had been searching for 200 miles away. I was really dreading wasting the time taking the trip for I just knew that I would find something wrong. After spending an hour or so going over the GT inside and out, the only thing I found out of place was one of the heat extractor vents not being seated properly. ( I fixed that in a few minutes after I got home, so no big deal). The weather was hot on that day and the salesman was not happy when I told him no radio or AC on during the test drive so that I could concentrate on any rattles or other noises that might be present. Well, in conclusion here, my GT tracks perfectly and as of this date (1,300 miles) has absolutely no rattles or vibrations. I can truthfully say this is the most enjoyable sports car I have ever owned.
Take your time and go over your vehicle with a fine toothed comb BEFORE signing any papers. Walk away if something isn't right!
Sponsored

Last edited:

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm not sure my car is considered an early car it was built 01/05/2015, and my panels aren't perfect but this car wasn't built by a bunch of anal German engineers either, so I can live with it.

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible PP
I have a 2016 GT Premium Convertible.

My only body issue was my rear left tail light rubbing my bumper at the corner and rubbing the paint off. Ford warrantied it and the taillight is no longer touching and my paint looks great.

Both my projection pony lights are messed up and my horse is becoming a mutated horse.

My windshield vent rattles in the middle sometimes and stops if I stick my index finger in and pinch it.
Have not figured out how to fix this yet but it doesn't happen too much.

I got my car in late March and I have 7500 miles

That's all my issues.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure my car is considered an early car it was built 01/05/2015, and my panels aren't perfect but this car wasn't built by a bunch of anal German engineers either, so I can live with it.

My car built 5/9/15 no problems yet slight misaligned front bumper cover to left front fender but its no problem. I agree with 5-OH. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
I'm sure if you went over every 2015+ Mustang off the factory floor you'd find at least one panel-alignment issue that could use fixing. The trunk seems to be the worst offender. My decklid has had some problems and the panel is off a bit.

Seems like the the most common issues are with the AC system and the seats not cooling properly (keeps your balls at a nice operating temperature but your back will sweat profusely).

I've seen plenty of comments about interior rattles, mostly with the dash by the light controls.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102 Probably the best place to see what others are finding. As far as the important parts from the engine through to the wheels, a few manual guys seem to have some clutch issues.

You're not getting perfection for ~32k. But overall you are definitely getting value IMHO.

tripletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Guard PP
My 2015 GT Premium w/Performance Package. Build date 5/12/2015. Slight hood misalignment. A tiny blemish in paint on left rear quarter panel, hardly noticeable unless I'm cleaning the car. Had one problem with rear view camera that went away. Also had a check engine light come on for a loose gas cap (shouldn't happen with the equipped gas cap). Cleared light and problem has not recurred. Took delivery August 2015 with 200 miles on it. Dealer used it for a week or so.

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
Didn't know about the brochure - do I just request it online?

Yea, agree about Capital vs Crossroads. Bought my 06 from Capital - Crossroads wouldn't budge. But all my service is done at Crossroads - Chris Skelton is a good guy and a Mustang guy - he's been really helpful over the years.
I had some serious issues with Capital Raleigh, I won't go into details, but if you are happy with them, good for you. Got a great deal from Crown in Fayetteville after getting offers from 10 different dealers. Might be worth a look. I was in with the Sales Manager for an hour until I got what I wanted, but he would not give up. Great people over there.

As for the 16 GT PP, I have only had it a couple of months, only things I am unhappy with is the slop in the stock shifter (looking at short throws), and the stock clutch assist spring at 150 lbs, couldn't feel the clutch. A 20 lb spring from Steeda resolved that.

Other than the loose nut behind the wheel, everything else is great, love the car. The S550 changed the game (interior and suspension) for the Ford Mustang. I was 5 years old when I jumped in my first Mustang at the 1964 World's Fair, they have come a long way.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Mercedes and bmw are the most unreliable cars on the planet.

My mustang has been perfect.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
My 2015 GT Premium w/Performance Package. Build date 5/12/2015. Slight hood misalignment. A tiny blemish in paint on left rear quarter panel, hardly noticeable unless I'm cleaning the car. Had one problem with rear view camera that went away. Also had a check engine light come on for a loose gas cap (shouldn't happen with the equipped gas cap). Cleared light and problem has not recurred. Took delivery August 2015 with 200 miles on it. Dealer used it for a week or so.
Loose gas cap :crazy:

Sponsored

AmaziN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Premium
2016 Mustang GT Premium. Almost 10k miles on it now and so far no issues, drove it on snow as well.

oldgeezer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT base, Ingot Silver, 6MT, 3.55
I have a 2016 base GT, manual tranny with the 3:55 rear end. Absolutely no problems. No driveline issues, no panel alignment issues, no squeaks or rattles of any kind. I love this car!

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
I like reading that other folks have no car problems. I was beginning to think that I got the only good car Ford made.

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
I like reading that other folks have no car problems. I was beginning to think that I got the only good car Ford made.
Yea, it is good to see that. And I appreciate all those without issues taking the time to post on this thread - it would be very easy to skip it if you didn't have a problem, and that wold make the results look alot worse.

I am a bit surprised by how many body panel issues there seem to be. Hopefully it was only due to early production issues and has been corrected. Conversely, It is good to see how few drivetrain vibration issues are being reported.

Again I realize this isn't an exact representation of reality, but I think it's providing some useful info. Thanks again to all that have responded.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Delivered 25MAR16
All minor cosmetic stuff.

Rear bumper:
1) pointed ends where it meets the wheel opening - one end was slightly pushed in and the other side was slightly sticking out
2) two small paint nicks on bumper face

Driver side rear quarter:
1) small paint chip down to bare metal just inside wheel lip where bumper point meets.
Not satisfied with dealer resolution of slapping touchup paint to area.
Took car to local high-end bodyshop for repairs.
Chip was spot repaired/refinished.
Nicks were filled and buffed out and bumper was removed and realigned.

Rear window:
1) driver's side top corner sits lower/not flush when compared to passenger side.
Left alone.

Hood:
2) clear coat goober on underside of both right and left side points.
Left alone.

Otherwise, the overall paint application and finish was excellent.
Did not have dealer prep car upon delivery.

Driver's side door sill molding:
1) couple of weird, little rough spots on bottom edge.
Left alone

Center console:
1) superficial passenger side scratch.
Touched up with sharpie and foam detail pad.

1800 miles and mechanically flawless.
Sponsored