Sponsored

Comprehensive list of checks when picking up ordered car?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Has anyone assembled a comprehensive list of all the problems that come (no extra charge) with our new cars? Interior/exterior issues, etc.

Would be nice to have such a list for when we pick up our cars. (Not that I am volunteering to assimilate it.)
Sponsored

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
Subd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I believe there was one a few months back for all the 2015 orders. I can't remember which subforum it was in though.

Sponsored

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Buddy I went to get my last car with a list and still missed sooooo much. Be sure and check paint all over and check for paint issues in the door jam. Next would be transmission if you bought a manual. Panel alignment is another big thing. I swore I look over my new car prolly 35mins just walking in circles and still find stuff every day I missed.

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
So here is an update.

My car arrived last Friday, Sep 18th, as early as the salesman predicted. (Check my sig line.) I asked him to not wash it, leave everything wrapped up, and park it off by itself where I could have privacy to inspect it for up to an hour.

And he did all that for me. It was a sunny afternoon, and I spent most of my time inspecting about 20 things just going by memory. 3/4 of those were exterior body issues. The things I checked for were all based on memory on issues I read about on this forum.

I must say that my car looked pretty good overall. Here are the notes I took.

Legend: F=Fail P=Pass PE=Perfect Enough (for me)

• 2.8 miles on the car
  • PE Rear glass is lower on the left, but only by 1/8".
  • P Hood alignment is great. Gaps are even, flush with fenders at sides and front edge is even with the bumper.
  • F Gas gap is not flush with body all around its perimeter. Almost a PE rating.
  • PE Rear bumper to quarter panel seam is tight and even at both sides. Although where it meets the wheel well it is slightly misaligned (tucked in). Equal on both sides and not really noticeable.
  • PE Trunk alignment slightly misaligned, ie in a "yaw" direction.
  • Tailpipe tips evenly aligned within the diffuser cutouts.
  • PE Doors. Right and Left show good alignment all around. No pinching during open/close. Flush with the body all around.
  • Roof seams look good.
  • PE Front bumper to fender seams good and even with fender seams at left and right. They are slightly tucked in by the "5.5mm impossible screw" here. (Covered in a thread by Shcu.) The front bumper is really very even with the body.
  • P Hood effort closes great. (Covered in a thread.)
  • P Trunk effort closes great. (Covered in a thread.)
  • P Doors close great.
  • PE Parking brake boot seems to have a lot of extra loose material. Same on other cars.
  • PE Premier Trim interior was in very good shape everywhere. But there were slight scuffs on the back of the driver's seat.

Odd that the stance was off in a diagonal way: These are heights from the ground at the 12:00 top of each wheel well:
RF=28.7" LF=28" RR=LR=28.2"
Is this an issue of spring settle?

The one deal-breaker issue was misalignment of the rear black plastic fascia on the trunk. It pokes rearward past the right and left matching pieces at the tail lights. Maybe 1/4" on the left side. This misalignment really shows for a shiny black panel against a bright yellow background. I can get past all the other issues except this one. Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

My salesman is a nice young man, and has been very patient and good natured through this long ordeal. However he is under pressure by his sales managers to close this deal. So far they are reluctant to put the car into the body shop to correct the fascia, because they have "given me 1% below invoice and agreed to waive all other fees". Not the proper attitude IMO. I can tell that all cooperation will stop the moment I hand over $39k. So I have not accepted delivery just yet.

Overall I was very relieved at the condition of the car.

I go back in tomorrow to discuss the fascia issue, hopefully with the body shop manager. I will have another chance to inspect more things. What have I forgotten?

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
wow u must be an engineer

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
I would be more concerned about the LDE, unless it's voluntary.

I'd have to see pics of the deal breaker, but I'm almost positive it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Did a thorough inspection of mine today that I picked up yesterday. Only issue is the hood is slightly out of line and does rub when opened and closed. Everything else is perfect or close enough to it.

My rear glass is lower on the left, but barely.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
wow u must be an engineer
How could you tell? ;) Heck, it is this forum that armed me with the laundry list of things to check for. How many people buy this car with a starry glaze in their eyes, and then only begin to notice things much later?

I would be more concerned about the LDE, unless it's voluntary.

I'd have to see pics of the deal breaker, but I'm almost positive it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
Sorry, LDE = ?

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
its in your signature bro

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
yeah i didnt know what he was talking about either until i did a CTRL+F on the page to find LDE and there it was in your sig, LOL