Sponsored

Compliments/comments/neck twisters about Aussie Mustangs

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT
I've never seen one in the flesh before - is the colour like an olive?

Is it similar to this colour in the last Honda Prelude -
Eucalpytus Green Pearl?
Its a bit darker. In some light it looks grey, in sunlight it shows it's true color.
20161204_9728.jpg
Sponsored

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
I've never seen one in the flesh before - is the colour like an olive?

Is it similar to this colour in the last Honda Prelude -
Eucalpytus Green Pearl?
Yeh...it looks like the army colour khaki only glossy....not really my colour choice.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
A bit... it's hard to tell from photos but I think Guard is darker.
I think it's a bit darker, and greyer. I've only seen one in person. A convertible parked under a big tree with the top down.

It looks like a grey with a slight green tinge in anything but full sun IMO when the green comes out a bit more.

Has to be the rarest colour in Oz IMO.

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Had a good experience today. Lovely wife and I decided to stop at a local park for some lunch. Car was parked paralle as per the parking section. We were enjoying our lunch when we heard "fuck yeah thats what im talking about" a duel cab newish hilux went past with all the young fellars hanging out the windows with jaws just about on the side steps. My wife and I found it absolutely funny as. Its times like this you know your doing something right with the car.
Just earlier I pulled up into the servo for fuel. A black holden ute was on the other side of the bowser. Owner was checking the stang out big time I had a big grin. We chatted for a while and he made several compliments on how nice the car was.
Been a very intetesting day.

Sponsored

Maaaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2016 Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Got stopped by some roadworks not far from my house this afternoon, the bloke with the stop sign came over, had a good look and said "that is VERY nice!" and asked a few questions about it. Not bad considering my car is bog standard (for now). There seems to be tonnes of online hate towards the Mustang, but my real world experiences have been overwhelmingly positive :thumbsup::cheers:

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Builder next to our house asked me "how much is that worth? $800,000?" He was a bit surprised when I told him how much it was and then tried to guess what I do for a living! Hah.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Guard :hail:

Actually I hate Guard because I couldn't buy one new in 2017. But I hate the GT350 more...:love:

mattstang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Not really relevant to the topic, but other than the looks and compliments from people...ive had on 2 seperate times an fg xr6 turbo check out the pony then smoke it up on a roundabout and the week later an xr8 pursuit 250 ute rip it up coming in the opposite direction on the same roundabout lol...in the Parramatta area ...anyone else get that sorta thing?
all the ****ing time. gets annoying.

auj4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT FB GB
Not really relevant to the topic, but other than the looks and compliments from people...ive had on 2 seperate times an fg xr6 turbo check out the pony then smoke it up on a roundabout and the week later an xr8 pursuit 250 ute rip it up coming in the opposite direction on the same roundabout lol...in the Parramatta area ...anyone else get that sorta thing?
Had a Golf R pull up next to me in the left lane and hold it with launch control on, waiting for the lights to go green. Near the Police station on O'Connell St in Parramatta. No situational awareness. :crazy:

auj4
(I did kinda take it as compliment though ;))

Sponsored

alexcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Magnetic
Yeah its pretty regular for me, golfs and commodores are the two main ones. Not sure what the deal is.

Also 4wd utes/trucks seem to really love stopping 2 inches off my back bumper, cockheads.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Was just at my folks place and got accosted by one of their female neighbours and her kid.

Saw them running up the street after me and wondered wtf was up.

Turned out the kid (about 8) was a car nut (his Mustang shirt gave that away) and had seen my car in the street before - he was keen to check it out.

Opened it up and let him sit in it for a few minutes whilst I had a yack with his mum.

Mother and child left suitably impressed.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Was just at my folks place and got accosted by one of their female neighbours and her kid.

Turned out the kid (about 8) was a car nut (his Mustang shirt gave that away) and had seen my car in the street before - he was keen to check it out.

Opened it up and let him sit in it for a few minutes whilst I had a yack with his mum.

Mother and child left suitably impressed
You did a great thing there. Kids remember those moments for ever. Feel comfort in the fact you have just created a Ford man for life :ford:

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords

Mother and child left suitably impressed.
Drew, did you impress mum with your signature naked backflips?
Sponsored