Sponsored

Compliments/comments/neck twisters about Aussie Mustangs

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I am sure there are a few break neck stares and comments made by strangers and bystanders regarding the S550.:

While working on the car today in the garage, a couple of primary school kids walked past the front yard on their way home. One said "Wow look at that car...it's a Dodge Viper"

Made us chuckle....:shrug:
Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I had a new one last night "I bet he takes his wallet with him every time he drives"

Now I think that is referring to either how much the car costs in petrol or the likelihood of me speeding Either way it was an interesting comment!

XRFutura

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I was parking on the main street and a guy was helping his wife the kids, he stopped helping and came over and had a chat about it.

Another in a VE Clubsport rolled down his windows at a set of traffic lights and yelled "Nice Car Mate, don't they cost $80 - 90,000" when i told him the actual price he said "bloody hell, i'm going to get myself one"

All the comments have been very positive and plenty of broken necks looking at it.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
My first drive I got one "nice car mate" and one "wanker".

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
I had a new one last night "I bet he takes his wallet with him every time he drives"

Now I think that is referring to either how much the car costs in petrol or the likelihood of me speeding Either way it was an interesting comment!
Umm, who doesn't take their wallet with them everytime they drive somewhere?! haha indeed a strange comment

My first drive I got one "nice car mate" and one "wanker".
Well one of the mustang's benchmarks is the M3, so I guess the 'wanker' comment confirms they've succeeded haha

My personal favourite comment thus far is "when are you getting your car?". I hear this numerous times a day at work.

:frusty: :cheers:

Sponsored

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
My personal favourite comment thus far is "when are you getting your car?". I hear this numerous times a day at work.

3 times this morning already!

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon FGMkII XR6 Turbo, 2016 Ford Mustang GT
Filling up with Fuel the other day and a Courier Driver made a point of driving into the Service Station to have a look. Parked at the pump next to me and kept me talking for about 20 minutes. He drove off as he did not need Fuel anyway walked over to pay and the Console Operator keep me talking for another 10 minutes. Luckily the Service Station was not busy and I was not in a rush. Certainly get a lot of positive looks.

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red

I get that one every second day at work... Regret ever mentioning I was getting it. Also regret originally saying it was coming in April.. Everyone keeps saying doesn't your car come in a couple of weeks!? sigh... Thank you Ford....

MustangMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Convertible - Magnetic
I get that one every second day at work... Regret ever mentioning I was getting it. Also regret originally saying it was coming in April.. Everyone keeps saying doesn't your car come in a couple of weeks!? sigh... Thank you Ford....
I now get - "When's your car coming...or shouldn't I ask?"
I wish I never told people that I should have had it before Xmas...lost $5 on that bet!

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
This. Now I just reply with "who knows, but I'm building an aftermarket Mustang one part at a time in my bedroom" and everyone thinks I'm crazy :crazy:

Sponsored

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This. Now I just reply with "who knows, but I'm building an aftermarket Mustang one part at a time in my bedroom" and everyone thinks I'm crazy :crazy:

I have a few people ask 'what parts did you get with this weeks magazine?'

implying i'm building the thing at home from scratch haha:lol:

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I had fifteen months of that...it gets old real quick.....but now that the car has arrived and I have a few weeks off work, I keep getting calls and messages from work asking when I am going to bring it in for them to have a look and a ride...I have been telling them to order their own and I wont be taking it to work...will just keep using my dd....the mustang owner ultimately gets the last laugh.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
The worst thing about being asked that question is that you answer it as "no it's not here yet" about 1000 times over, but when you finally have it you only get asked about ten times, it really isn't that satisfying!

#firstworldproblems

ozengine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Ruby Red Convertible

Crispi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Getz
No one at work knows I have one on order and tend to keep it that way so I don't get asked all the time it's bad enough with some mates who know i've ordered one.
Sponsored