monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hi guys--

How does everyone maintain there colored BREMBO CALIPERS? Any good tips etc.

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Just keep ā€˜em clean honestly. You could probably get away with using a decent spray sealant like the one Iā€™ve attached below.

Chemical Guys WAC23016 HydroCharge High-Gloss Hydrophobic SI02 Ceramic Spray Coating (Works on Car, Truck, SUV, RV, Boat & Motorcycle Paint), 16 fl oz https://a.co/d/cuXLn64

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I use a wheel brush and cleaner to scrub them good during a normal wash. About 2 or 3 time a year I'll pull the wheels and do a deep cleaning on them off the car, which is a perfect time to do the same with the calipers since no tire in the way. I have the G2 caliper paint on mine, which is holding up very well.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
best approach is to remove the wheel, wash, decon, wash, and ceramic coat. its on my to do list because it is very hard to get at it with the HP wheels.

dupp403

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT premium (6spd)
I use a wheel brush and cleaner to scrub them good during a normal wash. About 2 or 3 time a year I'll pull the wheels and do a deep cleaning on them off the car, which is a perfect time to do the same with the calipers since no tire in the way. I have the G2 caliper paint on mine, which is holding up very well.
How long has the G2 paint been on? Iā€™m about to paint mine.

Sponsored

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
wash, clean, prep, and clear coat them. they clean up much easier

Heritagedave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023, Mach 1, Premium, Manual, Fighter Jet Gray
Spray on some simple green, hose it off with water. Repeat if necessary.
I would not use a wire brush.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Hi guys--

How does everyone maintain there colored BREMBO CALIPERS? Any good tips etc.

Thanks Anthony
First of all, it's hard to beat red Brembo calipers!

ax4.jpg

In terms of cleaning, I just treat them same as wheels, using either soap or a wheel cleaner to maintain them. Usually, my barrel brush will clean the calipers, the front face dealt with using a lug nut brush.

IMG-6469.jpg

IMG-3739.jpg

ww2.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

I typically clean wheels with soap, but every 6 months I use an iron remover type product to deep clean them. I think this is especially important on dusty Brembo pads. I use NV Purge here, but P&S Iron Buster, Gyeon Iron or Capro IronX are good choices as well.

IMG-3801.jpg

In terms of protection and improving the cleaning process, the easiest method would be to use a spray and rinse sealant like Carpro Hydr02 or Gyeon Wet Coat. Both allow you to coat the calipers without removing the wheels. The car with red Brembo's pictured in most of the above has been treated as such since brand new from 2014.

IMG-4310.jpg

The ultimate solution would be to remove the wheels, decontaminate the calipers and coat them with a high-temp wheel coating, Carpro DLUX for example.

IMG-9658.jpg

IMG-9666.jpg

IMG-9676.jpg

IMG-9680.jpg

Once protected, I just give them a quick wipe over with some drying aid after the wash process, helping to maintain them between applications of either Wet Coat or DLUX. If you are looking for some good wheel towels, these TRC Gauntlet 12x12 towels are just so perfectly sized for wheels. Buy four, one for each wheel.

The Gauntlet Microfiber Drying Towel | The Rag Company

feb21232.jpg

IMG-2875.jpg

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
How long has the G2 paint been on? Iā€™m about to paint mine.
Since July 2021, I originally did them with the VHT caliper paint which didn't hold. Lots of paint chipping after about a year. So I put the car on jack stands and took the long 4th of July weekend to sanded them down and used the G2. They look as good today as day 1 with the G2.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Watching Speed channel

Got wind of a new product, and the SEMA car show is now history.
The timing seems right for little goodies. To come along & this might qualify for "new and improved" with real meaning.

TV celeb Mercedes is getting some new finishing type detail.

Frontman & wrap professional makes a suggestion I could not ignore. Turns to "Bitching rides guy," and says we can wrap those calipers also.
>>>> :question: <<<<

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
I track mine... what is this cleaning of calipers you speak of?? :crackup: :crackup: :sunglasses: