Sponsored

Color code

Luckystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
I am ordering a Competition motorsports Roll bar for my 2021 Mach 1 back seat delete.
Can not find the paint code for the orange color that is on the fighter jet gray appearance package.
I want to get the roll bar powder coated that color orange. All i can find out is it just called orange or K5.
Does anyone have more helpful info. Thanks
Sponsored

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Paint codes are two digit, so K5 could be the code, that simple. Just double check.

Twister Orange is CA, don't think that's the color you're looking for.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Paint codes are two digit, so K5 could be the code, that simple. Just double check.

Twister Orange is CA, don't think that's the color you're looking for.
FWIW the two letter codes are not unique other than for the model year. The same code is sometimes used for different colors in different years. All colors also have a 5 digit code that is only used for a particular color, eg M7423 for Velocity Blue. Safer to use the long code rather than counting on whoever you are dealing with being on the same page year wise. Plus saves a translation since the long code is used by the major paint suppliers in case the powder coater looks for samples.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
FWIW the two letter codes are not unique other than for the model year. The same code is sometimes used for different colors in different years. All colors also have a 5 digit code that is only used for a particular color, eg M7423 for Velocity Blue. Safer to use the long code rather than counting on whoever you are dealing with being on the same page year wise. Plus saves a translation since the long code is used by the major paint suppliers in case the powder coater looks for samples.
any idea what the full length code would be for the orange accent? I’m glad this question was asked. I had not previously considered an orange that matches the trim color

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
you been

any idea what the full length code would be for the orange accent? I’m glad this question was asked. I had not previously considered an orange that matches the trim color
If you know the accent name (from a brochure or article?) you could search for: Ford <color name> paint code. Doing that for Fighter Jet grey for example returns M7457.

If you find a match should be able to verify the code is for that color by searching on the code.

I suspect the accent is vinyl and don't know if Ford makes it a policy to register a paint code for any custom vinyl color they use just in case they may use a paint that color some day.

But FYI, the best vinyl is cast, meaning its the same color thru and thru. Ford typically uses a thin color layer "printed" on top of a base vinyl since that's the only way to get a color that isn't available off the shelf. That's why they can offer stripes in a Ford paint color. Also the only way to get multiple colors on one sheet like the GT350 stripes. Ford may register a paint code for the color even if the accent is vinyl just for future use.

Sponsored

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Last edited:
OP
OP
Luckystang

Luckystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
I received this info from Ford Performance this morning. As soon as I get the Roll Bar install will post some pics. Thanks for the help.

From Ford. I reached out to the engineering team regarding your inquiry about the orange accent color. Here’s what I found-

• Brembo internal code 2PC
  • Ford alpha code 1KCAWHA
    • The first 3 digits are the paint color (1KC)
    • I think Akzo Nobel *should* be able to master the color based on the Ford paint color

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I received this info from Ford Performance this morning. As soon as I get the Roll Bar install will post some pics. Thanks for the help.

From Ford. I reached out to the engineering team regarding your inquiry about the orange accent color. Here’s what I found-

• Brembo internal code 2PC
  • Ford alpha code 1KCAWHA
    • The first 3 digits are the paint color (1KC)
    • I think Akzo Nobel *should* be able to master the color based on the Ford paint color
Thanks for posting that! Can’t wait to see roll bar installed
Sponsored