Cold Air Intake??

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I really don’t know how the aftermarket suppliers can advertise a “cold air intake” when they are not cold air intakes! The aftermarket suppliers are lying. The air going to their filters is no colder then the air going to the stock air box...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Just get the 'North Dakota' option and you'll get a huge decrease in intake temps... The Marketing Department says so!

Anyway... Let us know how the class action lawsuit goes.

OP
OP

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I have not the energy nor the time to sue them. I just won’t buy one. It’s false advertising.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Kinda like:
Ecoboost.
Manual 6 speed (they forgot to mention reverse speed)

Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I laugh at “cold air intake” when it’s an open element air filter sitting in the hot engine bay. I recently installed the Ford Performance Power Pack 2 kit which comes with a GT350 “hot air intake” setup. The IAT temps are through the roof when idling in traffic! The stock setup was significantly cooler from a temp perspective. Sure one may flow more air than the other....but it’s a bunch of hot air!

OP
OP

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I laugh at “cold air intake” when it’s an open element air filter sitting in the hot engine bay. I recently installed the Ford Performance Power Pack 2 kit which comes with a GT350 “hot air intake” setup. The IAT temps are through the roof when idling in traffic! The stock setup was significantly cooler from a temp perspective. Sure one may flow more air than the other....but it’s a bunch of hot air!
Yes! And I’d rather keep my stock air filter which is so easy to change then having to clean and re-oil a K&N.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
The best is most “hot air intake” manufacturers dyno their setups with the hood open and those are the results they publish. Last I checked, none of us drive around with our hoods open. Let that thing sit in traffic and then put it on the dyno and let us know the results vs the stock setup.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
The stock intake system IS a Cold Air Intake.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I saw a pic of someone here that has the “Hellion” turbo setup on their Mustang. It has a filter, but no ducting for outside air! The turbo is sucking hot engine compartment air. Looks like poor engineering to me.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I wouldn’t call it “cold air”. The correct term would be ambient air..
All I know is a couple nights ago I sat in my car with it running for a while and the air inlet temp went up to 140'. Took a ride and it went down to 50'

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I saw a pic of someone here that has the “Hellion” turbo setup on their Mustang. It has a filter, but no ducting for outside air! The turbo is sucking hot engine compartment air. Looks like poor engineering to me.
Lol! I can't even.......

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I don’t mod anything that doesn’t give the car better performance. Why spend 3 bills on something that gives you 0 hp or torque?
Sponsored