Sponsored

Coilovers Available for the S550 (LIST) - Seeking inputs and opinions

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
You should list whether each is progressive spring, linear, or has options for different rates.

that is not critical here because we are looking at the dampening portion of the equation. the nature of a Coil over allows for multiple spring rate changes (within a range).
Sponsored

rcb020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vorshlag also has MCS coilovers available, they don't have them listed yet on their website though. I believe they will use Hyperco springs or others optionally and can be paired with their camber plates, which have an awesome reputation.

OP
OP
socalsnake

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Vorshlag also has MCS coilovers available, they don't have them listed yet on their website though. I believe they will use Hyperco springs or others optionally and can be paired with their camber plates, which have an awesome reputation.
What's the price?

Also, did you confirm with them on current availability? Just want to get as much info. so I can eventually add it to the list.

Last edited:

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I spoke to a KW rep on the phone today and I was told that their ST coilovers can be ordered and are ready to ship. KW V1's are about 3 weeks away from being in stock.

OP
OP
socalsnake

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
I spoke to a KW rep on the phone today and I was told that their ST coilovers can be ordered and are ready to ship. KW V1's are about 3 weeks away from being in stock.
Thank you for that update!

Looks like its on their website. Looks like they're only offering the ST-X as of now. I will add it to the list in my first post!

More options is always great :headbang:

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
What's the price?

Also, did you confirm with them on current availability? Just want to get as much info. so I can eventually add it to the list.
The single adjustable ones for other platforms start around $2700, doubles start around $3400. I believe you have to buy the springs and camber plates separately so the cost goes up real quick...

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
that is not critical here because we are looking at the dampening portion of the equation. the nature of a Coil over allows for multiple spring rate changes (within a range).
Many of these coilover kits use the stock top hat and odd springs to fit that, so they aren't that easy to swap out.

OP
OP
socalsnake

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
The single adjustable ones for other platforms start around $2700, doubles start around $3400. I believe you have to buy the springs and camber plates separately so the cost goes up real quick...
Thanks for the details. I will add that to the original post when its posted on their site so I can link it as a description. More options are great!

OP
OP
socalsnake

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Are you considering the ST's vs the KW V1's?

Sponsored
OP
OP
socalsnake

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Are you considering the ST's vs the KW V1's?
I don't know enough about the ST's to order them. I'm told they are very similar to the KWs but they don't look the same, at least the springs don't. I'm a noob when it comes to coilovers. Never owned them. All I want is to be able to lower my GT and keep a comfortable ride.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Hey, I just noticed on Tire Rack that it says the KWs and STs are for Mustangs with the performance package. Ahhhh shit, I don't have the PP.

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Hey, I just noticed on Tire Rack that it says the KWs and STs are for Mustangs with the performance package. Ahhhh shit, I don't have the PP.
Will fit with PP or not.
Also, the ST's are linear springs with an optional helper spring on top, much like older style KWs. They are a galvanized steel housing as opposed to regular KW's stainless steel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
socalsnake

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
You're good to go with any of the coilovers on a 5.0 PP or non-PP like Impulsed said.

In general, you want to make sure you're (aftermarket) wheels/rims aren't so wide that they will hit the strut/shock body. That's something you'll have to confirm with the manufacturer you choose. I believe aFe and RideTech have said their coilovers clear wide wheels/rims, but I recommend anyone running wide wheels/rims to double check before purchasing.
Sponsored