Sponsored

Coilovers Available for the S550 (LIST) - Seeking inputs and opinions

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Right. The manufactures info was misleading, which is not uncommon. Some count every click as an adjustment. Some count the ride height adjustment.
The standard race car practice is to count only the shock adjustments, then specify that adjustment (every "coil over" has a height adjustment, so they don't count them).

So by that approach, the Pedders are single adjustable, with a combined (low speed) compression and rebound adjustment.

Which is quite different from the better, double adjustable with separate (low speed) compression and rebound adjustments.
Sponsored

Ludachris

Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550mods.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
I can edit it to be single adjustable and then put something in the description that mentions that the high speed compression is affected with the rebound adjustment - other kits work this way too from what I've found. I tried to point out the ones that are true double adjustable (separate low speed compression and rebound adjustments) like the MCS, Penske, etc, but I'm sure a few of the kits in the list need to be edited to reflect the single adjustment rebound/compression...

Thanks for the input [MENTION=11399]Grintch[/MENTION].

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Ludachris, you might want to add spring rates to your list.

Ludachris

Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550mods.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
Ludachris, you might want to add spring rates to your list.
Good idea. I thought about adding it from the start but didn't think it was something that could be filtered so I didn't add it to the option fields. But maybe I'll have to add it in the list of fields without making it sortable/filterable. I'll look into adding that.

Anything else that would make it useful? As I said, I plan to make the list filterable, so you can choose to see only coilovers made in the USA, or only kits with true double adjustment, etc. Hope to get that implemented soon.

Sponsored

MartinNoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 (2014-2020), 2018 Mustang GT Premium yellow (2020-XXXX)
Anyone with ST, KW v1, or roush v1 for long term (over 30K miles) have any info on them? Did they last, did they need a rebuild, if so how many miles?

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Anyone with ST, KW v1, or roush v1 for long term (over 30K miles) have any info on them? Did they last, did they need a rebuild, if so how many miles?
really depends on how you’re using the vehicle. If you’re tracking often (like once a month) I personally would rebuild every year, it’s actually not all that expensive. If this is just a street car with spirited driving I would rebuild every 50k miles. We’ve had the roush ones on for roughly 25k without any issues.

K3NMasterS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a 5.2L Flat Plane
I'm not familiar with longevity of the Roush, but the KW and ST have great longevity. As you're probably aware, KW makes the ST with the main difference being that the ST are not coated for corrosion resistance. We've seen a set of ST rust-out here in Chicago in 1 winter. That being said, one of our shop owner's cars is a E90 M3 which has been running KW V3 for over 4 years with track use and we have not seen any leaks or performance issues. That being said, we do plan to pull them off and have them rebuild just as standard maintenance.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just found this in autoanything.com

Nothing about it on kw website. Anyone know what exactly is this kit?

Screenshot_20200411-061825~2.png
Sponsored