Sponsored

Code P0302 - Lund E85R Tune Misfiring Continues...

blueskies925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (manual)
Hey there,

I have almost 26k miles on my 2018 Mustang GT. This is I believe the 3rd time happening to me within the past year. The similar codes I had were: P0017, P0015 camshaft position and timing, and P0300 (random/multiple cylinder misfire) - now it's P0302. I thought initially it was because I had a dead battery that didn't load the tune properly from Lund, but it seems that wasn't the issue as it came back up just a few months later on me. I was driving normal, gave it a little gas, and the CEL comes flashing and my car goes into limp mode again. Got it back from Ford, they did what they did for me last time, just cleared the codes and it's running again - for now. (I don't know why my nGauge doesn't work when I clear them, but apparently they said their scanner works better for it) I of course re-loaded the same tune to see if it would help, and I already did a crank relearn before this.
From the symptoms and searching it up I understand I need to check my spark plugs, coils, and to see if it's maybe a vacuum leak or not. Just wondering if anyone else had this same problem and could recommend anything specific for this. Ever since I went E85 I've been having this problem, and the E85 quality has always been good so that's not the issue. Appreciate any help, thanks.

IMG_1683.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Osiris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Britton
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP 10SPD GT (Osiris)
Hey there,

I have almost 26k miles on my 2018 Mustang GT. This is I believe the 3rd time happening to me within the past year. The similar codes I had were: P0017, P0015 camshaft position and timing, and P0300 - now it's P0302. I thought initially it was because I had a dead battery that didn't load the tune properly from Lund, but it seems that wasn't the issue as it came back up just a few months later on me. I was driving normal, gave it a little gas, and the CEL comes flashing and my car goes into limp mode again. Got it back from Ford, they did what they did for me last time, just cleared the codes and it's running again - for now. (I don't know why my nGauge doesn't work when I clear them, but apparently they said their scanner works better for it - if anyone can recommend me one lmk). I of course re-loaded the same tune to see if it would help, and I already did a crank relearn before this.
From the symptoms and searching it up I understand I need to check my spark plugs, coils, and to see if it's maybe a vacuum leak or not. Just wondering if anyone else had this same problem and could recommend anything specific for this. Ever since I went E85 I've been having this problem, and the E85 quality has always been good so that's not the issue. Appreciate any help, thanks.

IMG_1683.jpg
Sure sorry to see you're having issues like this. I am also having misfire issues on bank 2 on my 18 but my issue looks to be from a different cause. Just made a post in the same category so either way, check it out and maybe it will give you ideas somehow.

I don't really know everything to look out for, like I wish I knew what all the sensors should be reading on everything in the scanner but I do know if I were you I'd look at the actual cam positions as it's idling in the scanner and see what they say.

Idling intake should be chillin at 20 and exhaust should be at 0 on both sides equally.

To me if your solenoid has crapped out on you, it just won't move the phaser so the timing will be all jacked up and you'll see it in this scan. Could be a phaser as these cars have been known to have problems like this due to phaser failure. The dealership will do what's called cycling the VCT or something like that and sometimes that helps so maybe ask your service center about the VCT issues. Hope that helps bud.

arichmond1003

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
19’ Mustang GT Kona Blue
Change plugs and gap on them. I changed plugs at about 19k mikes and checked the gap on the stock plugs when they came out and they where BAD. See if this helps…

OP
OP

blueskies925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (manual)
Sooo, I dropped it off to Ford for service the other day. Got it back today, they said they tried clearing the codes, but they didn't fully clear this time and showed as permanent on the scanner, but it was able to "drive". They weren't able to work on my car apparently because of my tune so they didn't check the spark plugs or anything for me. Drove my car back with lots of backfire and rough driving for about 15 min before it started driving a little better. I switched coils 1 & 2 when I got back to see if it's a coil issue, but nothing happened. The car felt like it was driving fine after fully warmed up, but the CEL was still on. I checked codes again, this time however codes: P0015 (camshaft position timing over-retarded) and P00315 (crankshaft position) showed up and not the misfiring one.. So I decided to a crank re-learn and my CEL went away and no codes are showing now... I'm so confused lol