Lazarus504

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 Mustang
2015 Mustang v6 (72,500 miles)

I took my car to Ford after noticing a strange hissing in the engine. On the way to the dealer I noticed that my car would struggle at highway speeds. After a few days they tell me that the engine is misfiring and that their is low compression in 3 of the cylinders. The cylinders are all on the same side, ones down about 5%, ones 8% and the other around 13%. I also noticed my coolant level drop about 3 weeks ago when I went to get an oil change, but no leaks/pools in my garage. Could coolant be leaking into my engine? I did the oil change maybe 2–3 weeks ago and my mechanic didn’t notice anything strange except the low coolant. He just added water because I told him I’ll be taking it into the dealership for its 60k mile service (i know I waited over 10k miles to do it, could that have caused issues?). Ford did a quick drivability test but couldn’t tear it apart until 2 weeks as they are super busy. Decided to take it to a mechanic my uncle trusts but wont check it till Monday. Just wanted to get some ideas on what could be wrong.
Sponsored

Sadimsosad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt
Generally you start to worry when you see over a 10% discrepancy in compression between cylinders, that being said it is worth noting that they’re all on the same cylinder bank. Consuming coolant is usually the result of a bad head gasket which would explain the compression issues, alternatively on a more expensive note, this could also be a sign of a cracked block or cylinder head. Coolant can only really go three places, the cylinders, the ground and the oil pan. Given that there are no spots on the ground was the exhaust smoking white on start up? Was the oil a milky white color?