Sponsored

Cobb tune video

dvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Looks lame. Torque spike down low then drops like a rock and loses 25 hp peak? :shrug: [ame]
Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Nothing strange about the early torque peak and then drop off. That's how pretty much all the tune only dynographs look. But I wonder what went wrong on the peak power number. Doesn't match Cobb's results, or FFTEC's.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
I'm thinking the OAR isn't fully adjusted yet.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
They sell Cobb tuner. Iam impressed they actually put the video out with honest although poor results.

Sponsored

YellowBee

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Eco-boost Mustang
another reason not to get cobb. lol

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The video was not very informative.....Shouldn't lose power....something's wrong.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
yeah could be the OAR or crazy hot charge air temps and pulling timing. All the other Cobb dyno tests I've seen the car made a few HP on the tune. Somethings not right that is for sure.

bislag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT w/PP
Yea. Something is obviously not right and the previously mentioned OAR is a good bet. The numbers clearly don't match up to the multiple independent dynos that have consistently shown gains across the curve with that map.

I eagerly await the drama/hilarity that will likely come of this video though.

wireless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White Ecoboost Premium
"another reason to not get Cobb" ?

what are the other reasons? I like my Cobb tune so far lol

Sponsored

EcoSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard EB PP
another reason not to get cobb. lol
I'm also wondering what other reasons?

It's obvious that they didn't follow instructions and wait for the ecu to verify the octane. Took about 10 minutes of freeway driving for mine to release the power.

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AT EcoBoost, MT PP EcoBoost
yeah could be the OAR or crazy hot charge air temps and pulling timing. All the other Cobb dyno tests I've seen the car made a few HP on the tune. Somethings not right that is for sure.
This would be our conclusion as well based on the information available. Installing the Accessport on the dyno would have reset any learned octane value the vehicle had stored in KAM. If it was run immediately after the installation the power levels would be fairly neutered as the load limits for an OAR of 0.0 are much lower and would prevent the maximum power from being achieved.

It's going to be a common occurrence in this situation so if anyone reading this thread knows someone that's going to to head to a dyno it would be great for them (and the dyno operator) to give a quick read to the OAR document here: https://cobb.app.box.com/ford-oar

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

OP
OP

dvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
This would be our conclusion as well based on the information available. Installing the Accessport on the dyno would have reset any learned octane value the vehicle had stored in KAM. If it was run immediately after the installation the power levels would be fairly neutered as the load limits for an OAR of 0.0 are much lower and would prevent the maximum power from being achieved.

It's going to be a common occurrence in this situation so if anyone reading this thread knows someone that's going to to head to a dyno it would be great for them (and the dyno operator) to give a quick read to the OAR document here: https://cobb.app.box.com/ford-oar

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB
Thanks for chiming in. Those dyno results just didn't make sense.

Tcnarber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium, Black Betty
SOOOOO......what should be expected then? I am looking, was thinking Cobb, so are there some more numbers out there?

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AT EcoBoost, MT PP EcoBoost
SOOOOO......what should be expected then? I am looking, was thinking Cobb, so are there some more numbers out there?
Results will vary from dyno to dyno but on our Mustang dyno here were the following results with our Stage1 93 tunes:

Mustang AT (3.31 FD, 3rd Gear)

Mustang MT (3.55 FD, 3rd Gear)

Cheers,
Braden @ COBB
Sponsored