Sponsored

Cobb Accessport mounting option

dbmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
When I installed my accessport I was reluctant to use the mount supplied with it because I didn't want anything stuck to my dash, especially since I don't plan on using the accessport on a daily basis. I wanted something that was easily removable when not being used. In comes the Scosche Magic mount, it's a magnetic mount similar to what Cobb uses, and the accessport sticks to it no problem. They make several versions of this mount, one that sticks on with 3M adhesive, one with a windshield suction cup, and one that plugs into the power outlet and provides a usb charging port. I chose the power version so I could use it for my phone as well and keep it charged. Each mount comes with two metal plates the you stick on the back of whatever device you want the magnetic mount to hold (you don't need to use the metal plate on the accessport as it has one built in)

I bought mine at Walmart in the automotive section, and they are available several places online.

Here's a few pics of the mount

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I like it, might do that with mine too as it blocks my view of the screen where I have it now.

Billy G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Guard Metallic PP Ordered: 1/23/15
I like that a LOT! :thumbsup:

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
How strong does the arm seem? Any concern of it weakening? I might go pick one of these up, thanks!

deadeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBP GUARD Vert stick
I don't like it. You have to look down, taking your eyes off the road for precious seconds and if you think (hope) something may not happen, wake up.

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I don't like it. You have to look down, taking your eyes off the road for precious seconds and if you think (hope) something may not happen, wake up.
Its not like you're gonna constantly keep monitoring that thing all the time. So its not really much of a safety issue.

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
If anyone locates a solutuion for an A pillar mount I would be interested. My problemt is that my a pillar has the tweeter in it.

OP
OP
dbmonster

dbmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
How strong does the arm seem? Any concern of it weakening? I might go pick one of these up, thanks!
The mount itself is very sturdy, the power socket on the other hand wiggles around when anything is plugged into it. Thats why I have the arm of the mount propped against the center console to brace it. It doesn't vibrate or shake at all while driving.

OP
OP
dbmonster

dbmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
You shouldn't be staring at it while driving anyway., regardless of where it's mounted. You should only be messing with it while stopped, and this mount puts it perfectly withen reach for that.

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop