Sponsored

Clutch slipping help

haze324

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Hey guys,

I had an Exedy twin disc installed, with an Exedy slave cylinder and new pilot bearing and am having some clutch slip. I've had the clutch installed for about 1000-1500 miles and babied the car for 300-400 miles. I'm having a few issues and for some some advice that narrows down the cause.

- With the clutch pedal is pressed all the way down, putting the car in 1st or 2nd gear there is some tension/friction. If I put the car in 3rd or 4th first it's very smooth and THEN put it in 1st it's smooth. BUT...If I press the clutch in only half way, going into first is smooth.

- Clutch engages almost immediately after pressing the clutch pedal, maybe 1/2inch of travel. I know these are suppose to engage pretty high up...but it's immediate.

- If I'm cruising around, I have no issues (other than putting it into first). If I get on it (and often shifting into 4th) the clutch will slip for a second and then re-engage.

Any ideas? Wondering if the Exedy slave cylinder is the issue instead of going with an OEM one or if the even matters?

Thanks
Alex
Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Does sound like it can be a slave issue. I heard the oem is the best slave to go with. Regarding the clutch engagement being at the bottom rather than at the top, it reminds me of when I first had my clutch installed I think the shop didn't pump and bleed the clutch all the way. When I first drove the car it was grabbing super early it felt soft and no pedal feel. Once I put some miles on it and pumped the clutch a good amount of times the clutch felt normal had some weight to it and started grabbing at the very top. My guess is some sort of fluid problem you are having. Could be slave or just double check you clutch line sometimes those come loose I went with the Steeda steel braided line.